Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.0

CSL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

I was recrutied by the outside. The HR department was good and trainers were OK.

Interview Questions

• What would you first do to turn things around at this community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   2 Answers

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Orlando, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Was called in for a first interview tat took just over an hour, my second interview followed a week later and I was offered the position. I was sent to a community to train for a week then went to to the Dallas training center for an additional week. Following he training in Dallas I was told that I would move forward and take the position in the community, two people I trained with we're asked to resign as hey just did not fit the company mold.

Interview Questions

• All the questions where pretty basic, the most challenging was why Holiday ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes there was some negation room.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online and included resume. First interview was over the phone, then an "in person" interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. Met at a community just a few hours from home. Interviewed in one of the apartments at a kitchen table. Interviewer was great, very professional. Longer than most interviews. Was then offered a 3rd interview in Atlanta (I think) with the Regional or Area Manager.

Interview Questions

Money. They have a "standard" amount they pay incoming managers. It would have resulted in a 50% pay cut for me. I couldn't believe how little they pay. Yes, you can get bonuses, but not enough to repay the lost income. The company offers you free room and board and 3 meals a day in the dining room, but for me it still wasn't enough money. It also did not seem "family friendly". We have to live on site and we have children, which I was fine with, but they were not. All four of us couldn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment. I think this is how they get around hiring people with children.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

Expect to tour the community or ask for a tour! Be engaging and friendly. The way you cary yourself and treat residents is considered as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be open and flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It could have been better. 2 Phone interviews that lasted about 30 minutes, Then it took another week to hear back from anyone. Then we had to fly to Dallas and back all in one day. Very stressful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Holiday Retirement ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward process - applied online and was contacted within 1 week, had initial phone interview with hiring team, then passed to the recruiting team to see if we would make it to a final recruiter, finally skyped with the recruiter and was told to contact him in several days to talk about meeting with a regional director. It's now a week after we were told to contact him ave sent several emails and left a voice message and still have not received a response. We were warned that the interview process can take from 30 to 60 days to get through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with seniors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Reno, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone and I don't know if it was me or the person who interviewed but I didn't feel like I was valued at all as a potential employee. No offer yet but I am hoping I will get an offer just don't know because the person had such a monotone voice it hard to tell

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would sell this place to a fellow sales person or contact.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

First off, anyone who says Hoiiday Retirement will hire anyone with a pulse is way off. We applied four times before being contacted. We thought the interview went well, since we heard the word " perfect " repeatedly. A few days later we received an e-mail tuning us down for insufficient experience. We're in our early sixties, married 36 years, and have years of career experience. Then another recruiter emails us about how great our resumes are and sets up a phone interview. She calls at the appointed time and tells us that, based on the other recruiter's assessment, she had no reason to interview us. Talk about being jerked around and game playing. I will certainly discourage anyone to work for or live in one of their facilities. They really missed out on a quality couple to work for them.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Waco, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Holiday Retirement Properties may have a team of General managers. In my case two married couples. It was informal yet professional and took place in the public accessible front office. Tenants of the facility popped in during the interview process. This allowed for a real-time display of my "People Skills" during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you a self starter?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience preparing apartments for new tenants?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a criminal record?   1 Answer