Holiday Retirement

99 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

CSL Interview

Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – I was recrutied by the outside. The HR department was good and trainers were OK.

Interview Question – What would you first do to turn things around at this community?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Question – Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   View Answers (2)

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in February 2011.

Interview Details – Original contact from a recruiter, who arranged the interview on very short notice. Group interview with 3 people, about an hour in length. They were clear about each interviewer's role in the company, so you know who would be your boss and where the buck stops. Asked quite a few situational questions i.e. "What would you do if ..."
They were clear about when they would make a decision. Covered off basic but important information such as salary, bonuses, vacations, benefits, etc. Followed up with a phone interview with senior sales executive from head office - a tougher set of questions, but same general outline. Again, clear about next steps and answered any questions on the call.

Interview Question – What would you do if a member of your team wasn't performing in their role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for what you think you're worth - they are interested in good people. They will tell you the salary range for the job, and will probably ask what you've been making at your current/previous employer.

Community Sales Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in February 2011.

Interview Details – Holiday moved very quickly. You will have a phone interview either with a Recruiter or the Regional Sales Leader (RSL). Then you have a face-to-face with the RSL and possibly the Regional Director (RD). After this, if you receive a call from the District Sales Leader (DSL)..then you know you have the job. Whatever they offer is what you got. It is non-negotiable so don't bother trying to get more. The position is Salary plus commission plus solid benefits. After you accept, you are scheduled to fly out to training at one of three tranining centers for around 10 days. The interview is fairly easy...it's not about what you say..but about how you say. They look for a specific personality type. They want to see if you fit in with the company culture and the position. Your past experiences are not really relevant for this position. Like I said- it's about your personality. It's sales after all.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the difference between Marketing and Sales?   View Answer
  • Are you willing to re-locate? (If you say no- you are automatically not considered for the position)   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in October 2010.

Interview Details – Lots of preliminary phone screening from an outsourced 3rd party hiring agency. several follow up one-on-one interviews with managers up to the regional level. After they saw that you fit their culture and needs, the rest of the hiring process was fast and furious to get you trained and on board.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with working with this generation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they offered a salary and either you took it or you didn't.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter in OR based on my charitable endeavors and not what i currently do for a living. Then i was flown to and from Atlanta from Florida in one day for an interview with a talent recruiter who asked me questions and took me on a tour of the property i was visiting. I believe i did well but not well enough to meet with the regional sales manager. After a week went by without hearing back i was pretty certain i was no longer in the running for the position so i called the recruiter who confirmed the obvious. I asked for feed back on how i could improve in a similar situation. All she said was they hired someone better qualified which was as disappointing as not getting the job. All in all very nice people but bummed out i didn't get the job or feed back.

Interview Question – When a closing statement was made by a prospect what would i say next?   View Answer

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – External recruiter contacted me. Interview process was quick, and they asked alot of personality questions.

Interview Question – No real questions that were difficult. Very easy going   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview Details – A lot of structure yet I asked the same question (What is the occupancy of the facility?) to 3 different people during the interviewing process and no one knew the answer.

Interview Question – How would I close the sale? I didn't know enough about the sales protocol to answer that question.   Answer Question

Regonal Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very long and drawn out process (6 weeks total).

Interview Question – I did not find any of the interview questions to be difficult. They use mostly situational based questions so they can determine how you would respond in a real life setting   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – We applied online and got a request for interview next morning. Interview was set up 4 days later. We were immediately hired.

Negotiation Details – They made as though there was no negotiating but there is.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Retirement

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!

Holiday Retirement Videos

Holiday Retirement – Why Work for Us?

​​A pioneer then, a leader now​​ When we founded Holiday Retirement in 1971, we set out to create an independent retirement lifestyle unlike anything seniors had ever experienced before -- cheerful communities filled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holiday Retirement interview questions and advice. All 99 interview reviews posted anonymously by Holiday Retirement employees and interview candidates.