Holiday Retirement

Average Difficulty
106 candidate interviews

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Completed a detailed online application and questionnaire. Received a telephone call from recruiter from a recruiting company working for Holiday. The call was very detailed and informative. Waiting now for follow-up call.

Sales Leader Interview

Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Completely awful. Misquoted salary by $10,000. Lost my computer, gave my phone wrong area code, never fully trained.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – unpleasant

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – We applied on line and were contacted within 24 hours. We scheduled a phone interview which was followed up approximately a week later with a face to face interview. The contacts were professional and travel arrangements for the face to face interview were handled very expediently. It does seem that you get "stuck" within a region very quickly vs. recruiters sharing information about candidates and possibly placing them in regions that could save the company on moving costs.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected question. The people that interviewed us really gave us more information about the position and what to expect vs. asking questions of us.   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef

Interviewed at Holiday Retirement

Interview Details – The executive chef knew nothing and made promises he couldn't keep. The inept management team also knew very little and could neither confirm or negate any information stated in the interview. It was a constant struggle to get what was offered at the initial interview. I would never recommend this company. I read horror stories on this and other websites about this company and went ahead thinking it had to be scorned former employees ranting. Weeks after taking a better and higher paying job, I still have a distaste for this company.

Interview Question – This kid conducting the interview was clueless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Community Sales Leader

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter from my online resume. I was flown to Atlanta for initial interview which took about an hour. Interviewer was nice enough and only asked a few questions, she spent the whole interview typing in my answers into her computer. All seemed to go well she said she was sending me to the next step in the interview and gave me the name of the regional director who would be contacting me within a few days. Three days later I received a canned email that they had gone with another candidate.

Joliet, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then skype interview, then will fly you to TX for an interview.

Interview Question – Phone interview question: What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader

I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2013.

Interview Details – First an interview on Skype with Corporate Recruiter which was great. He was a good interviewer and sent me to an interview with the Regional Manager. That interview was very short and he hardly asked any questions. I didn't get an offer and was initially disappointed but the turnover is very high in my area and across the country. Plus, some people I respect have very negative things to say about this organization so maybe it is best I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – No questions. I basically kept the interview going.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server

Interviewed at Holiday Retirement

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview. Then I had to watch a video

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – The process was initiated by a recruiter. After passing the recruiting "sniff test", I was interviewed by the RSL (Regional Sales Leader). It was his enthusiam that prompted me to move to the next step - an interview with his boss, the RD (Regional Director). That was where a red flag waved but I chose to ignore it. The interview with the RD took less than 3 minutes - literally! (Strike 1). I read the reviews on Glassdoor and chose to ignore those - it couldn't be that bad, could it? (Strike 2). I spoke with a friend whose relative is a resident but did not heed negative input. (Strike 3). I accepted the position. What a mistake!

Interview Question – How do you react to pressure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is the offer - no negotiations.

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2011.

Interview Details – This is such a brief interview. They will sit and talk to you about seniors, sales, and taking care of your residents. It is a very informal interview. If you are breathing and walking this company will hire you.

Interview Question – When can you come to work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. They will hire you if you are breathing

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Retirement

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!