Holiday Retirement

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
105 candidate interviews

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2011.

Interview Details – This is such a brief interview. They will sit and talk to you about seniors, sales, and taking care of your residents. It is a very informal interview. If you are breathing and walking this company will hire you.

Interview Question – When can you come to work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. They will hire you if you are breathing

Riverside, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2013.

Interview Details – They fly you out to meet a recruiter, who asks if you can deal with sad situation with seniors. Once they tell you about the company they ask you if you are ok with starting a job and going to a training class with no idea where you will be working when your training class is over,.

Interview Question – Can you start in one week but we will not tell you where you will be working,.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process seemed to quick with a single decision maker. I was first interviewed by two analysts and then a senior managing director. They asked basic questions about my real estate and financial analysis skill set and then asked me to author a financial model i would create in a day in 40 mins. This company is very specific in what they do; senior living facilities. They did not care about any other real estate or finance experience. For the Analyst role they wanted someone that could create and maintain financial models for senior living facilities and conduct analysts. Thats it. Overall, pleasant and positive personalities but job opportunity had limited growth potential (they actually said that) and pay was below market. Most importantly the learning potential was not there.

Interview Question – They asked me to author a complete financial model with an amortization table while in the office.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Below market pay, overqualified for the role, no career and personal growth potential.

Sales Leader Interview

Sales Leader
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in for a first interview tat took just over an hour, my second interview followed a week later and I was offered the position. I was sent to a community to train for a week then went to to the Dallas training center for an additional week. Following he training in Dallas I was told that I would move forward and take the position in the community, two people I trained with we're asked to resign as hey just did not fit the company mold.

Interview Question – All the questions where pretty basic, the most challenging was why Holiday ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes there was some negation room.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Community Sales Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process is simple, if you are comfortable with a boiler room mentality then you will do great. That is what they are looking for. Be prepared to role-play, be confident, dress professionally. The hiring process takes about a week; this is mostly because of the background check.

Interview Question – There were no truly difficult or unexpected questions, it is a very straight forward interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase is nonexistent.

Community Bus Driver Interview

Community Bus Driver

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was hired to be the part time bus driver. During the interview I was told that I would be asked to "change a light-bulb once in a while." After the first day the maintenance head told me I should bring a set of clothing for "painting." I was then told by the c0-manangers that I needed to keep the coffee pots filled and clean up those areas. I have done, and will not do anything that is not associated with driving or getting things at say a hardware store and bringing them back.

Interview Question – Have you ever been arrested for a felony? Can you pass a drug test?   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader Interview

Community Sales Leader
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone with a regional director, district and higher management, which are no longer with the company. Went to the community, met with the managers and co-managers, who also are no longer with the company. Within three years there were two sets of managers and five sets of co's.

Interview Question – After 22 years experience no questions were hard. My love and passion for seniors allowed me to answer any and all questions with ease. The actual individuals that interview me had no idea what questions to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, I was worth more but knew I would make up the difference in bonus. I went from a base salary of $72,000 to $35,000 with Holiday.

Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2010.

Interview Details – Sent in resume and cover letter responding to an advertisement. Did one initial phone interview, followed by two in person interviews. The interviews were professional and done by a team of interviewers. Second day after second in person interview we were offered a position.

Interview Question – What significant changes will you have to make in your personal life to adjust to living in a community of dignified seniors?   Answer Question

Co-manger Interview

Co-manger
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Came in - passed background check - offered job

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly quick. Online interview, phone interview, face to face interview and then training all in three weeks. Holiday will spend lots of money on you for transportation, lodging, rental car, and food. The training does not tell you a true picture of what to expect when at community.

Interview Question – Do you like to work with seniors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They will be hiring for a specific location an all the pay is predetermined. They will not tell you where you will be working so after training you may have to move and they give you one week to pack and move into the community.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Retirement

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!

Holiday Retirement Videos

Holiday Retirement – Why Work for Us?

​​A pioneer then, a leader now​​ When we founded Holiday Retirement in 1971, we set out to create an independent retirement lifestyle unlike anything seniors had ever experienced before -- cheerful communities filled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holiday Retirement interview questions and advice. All 105 interview reviews posted anonymously by Holiday Retirement employees and interview candidates.