Holiday Retirement

Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2011.

Interview Details – Just be open and honest about your experience. .

Interview Question – Life balance issues are going to be brought up   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said they did not negotiate on salary but I would press them. They need managers desperately.

Cook Interview

Cook
Wake Forest, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Interviewed with supervisor. Was desperate for a job and they made the job sound wonderful, little did I know that the job I would end up working was very different from the job that I interviewed for.

Interview Question – During the interview, I was given the impression everything was all about the residents. When I started working however, I very quickly learned that it is not about the residents at all but everything is about trying to do things on as little money as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The job I was offered had Tuesday and Wednesday as days off. I tried to get only one weekend day off as everyone else who worked there got at least a Saturday or a Sunday off but I was not able to get it.

Very Easy Interview

Co-Manager Http:/Www Barrettandfarahany.com/Overtime-law/Holiday-retirement-overtime-lawsuit Interview

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2011.

Interview Details – Easy - They need people so bad they will hire just about anyone without a criminal record!

Interview Question – When can you start!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, We were told you get $25,500 each per year, nothing to negotiate. The never told us we would have to work/be on call for 96+ hours per week to earn that small amount. It works out to $5.85 per hour.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Community Sales Leader
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2013.

Interview Details – Being in corporate America for several years now, this is by far the Best interview process ever. Was contacted by a corporate recruiter who is very professional and knowledgeable about everything! the position, the compnay, etc. Interviewed on the phone then he set up a face to face interview the next day in one of the communities with the Regional sales leader.
I was very well welcomed by the community Manager on site then my interview with the Regional was Amazing. Every point was explained like differences and what sets them apart from other retirement corporations. she was honest and brilliant in explianing their training process. I was VERY IMPRESSED at the professionalism, passion and the enthuthiasm.

Interview Question – After being in operations for such a long time, what challenges do you foresee having, and how will you tackle that challenge if any in this position of being a sales leader or sales manager so to speak?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was great room for negotiation. what I was very thrilled about is the respect in which it was handled. After my very successful interview I knew in my heart this is where I wanted to be. So when the corporate recruiter called me the following day, I was excited; however, I declined the offer because the offered amount was not appealing to me, plus I had another offer on the table from another company (But my heart was with Holiday). They were very respectful and explained they would have to get approval from more managers higher in the rank who can approve going off the "budgeted salary'' Every day however they were in contact with me updating me every step of the way. Then finally after three days or so I received a call with a different and better offer. It was not exactly what I had wanted but very close and they fought for me and met me in the middle. I could not ask for more, I am so far very impressed with the entire recruiting process. Organized, approprately paced, True ambassadors for the company, Truthful, Knowledgeable and willing to fight for the candidates they want....thats what I experienced.

Manager Interview

Manager
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

Interview Details – Found this job opening on Craigs-List and apply and interview on line. This company will spend a fortune training you for two weeks and tell you up front that your job expectancy is less than one year with them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with elderly persons?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer came later over the phone and signed contract by email. There is some room to negotiate depending on how many of their locations need Managers.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Community Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2013.

Interview Details – 35,000 basis salary plus comm.
You work Tues - Sat. 10 hours a day. You are expected to increase census. If you have a move out then of course you and to add that move out to your expected move in quoto. I was interviewed by phone first then in person.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was not hard at all....what motivates me? I said I wanted to the best...top dog. Which I knew that is what they wanted to hear...they are all about numbers at this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave me an offer letter.

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – We applied online and got a request for interview next morning. Interview was set up 4 days later. We were immediately hired.

Negotiation Details – They made as though there was no negotiating but there is.

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – In a nutshell, we applied for this position after seeing it on indeed.com. We were eventually contacted by the headhunter, and set up a phone interview with her for my wife and I at the same time. After that, we eventually heard from a Holiday recruiter, who arranged for us to come to one of their properties a few hours away from us for an interview (they were interviewing a lot of couples that day). As I remember, we applied in mid November, got the job in late January, attended training in February, and started the actual job in March.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions to us at all. The recruiter was a nice lady, but most of what she said had to do with the history of their company, their philosophy, and how they were 'the best'. It almost came across as 'bragging'. As for any other 'questions'----they were ones that came from my wife and I. Eventually, she brought in a Regional Director to meet us and the four of us all talked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We did ask for a relo allowance, and were approved for $1500.

Co-Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2012.

Interview Details – Great interview and hiring process and expensive training provided for 2 weeks, hotel, food, rental car, the works.

Interview Question – We thought they wanted kind, compassionate and honest people. We were wrong. The ones who are the opposite seem to thrive there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotional, at will, take if or leave it.

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people over the phone. Met the recruiter at a holiday location,he was very unprofessional,but nice. Once hired you go to a training community, that was to worse experience ever! Then they fly you to another location for 2 weeks for sales training. The best 2 weeks of the job ever. Then they give you 1 week to fly or drive home and be I your community.

Negotiation Details – The is no negotiating, I do not recommend this job or support this company

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Retirement