Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.0

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

In a nutshell, we applied for this position after seeing it on indeed.com. We were eventually contacted by the headhunter, and set up a phone interview with her for my wife and I at the same time. After that, we eventually heard from a Holiday recruiter, who arranged for us to come to one of their properties a few hours away from us for an interview (they were interviewing a lot of couples that day). As I remember, we applied in mid November, got the job in late January, attended training in February, and started the actual job in March.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions to us at all. The recruiter was a nice lady, but most of what she said had to do with the history of their company, their philosophy, and how they were 'the best'. It almost came across as 'bragging'. As for any other 'questions'----they were ones that came from my wife and I. Eventually, she brought in a Regional Director to meet us and the four of us all talked during the interview.   Answer Question
    We did ask for a relo allowance, and were approved for $1500.

Community Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2013.

35,000 basis salary plus comm.
    You work Tues - Sat. 10 hours a day. You are expected to increase census. If you have a move out then of course you and to add that move out to your expected move in quoto. I was interviewed by phone first then in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was not hard at all....what motivates me? I said I wanted to the best...top dog. Which I knew that is what they wanted to hear...they are all about numbers at this company.   Answer Question
    they gave me an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2013.

Being in corporate America for several years now, this is by far the Best interview process ever. Was contacted by a corporate recruiter who is very professional and knowledgeable about everything! the position, the compnay, etc. Interviewed on the phone then he set up a face to face interview the next day in one of the communities with the Regional sales leader.
    I was very well welcomed by the community Manager on site then my interview with the Regional was Amazing. Every point was explained like differences and what sets them apart from other retirement corporations. she was honest and brilliant in explianing their training process. I was VERY IMPRESSED at the professionalism, passion and the enthuthiasm.

Interview Questions
    • After being in operations for such a long time, what challenges do you foresee having, and how will you tackle that challenge if any in this position of being a sales leader or sales manager so to speak?   View Answer
    There was great room for negotiation. what I was very thrilled about is the respect in which it was handled. After my very successful interview I knew in my heart this is where I wanted to be. So when the corporate recruiter called me the following day, I was excited; however, I declined the offer because the offered amount was not appealing to me, plus I had another offer on the table from another company (But my heart was with Holiday). They were very respectful and explained they would have to get approval from more managers higher in the rank who can approve going off the "budgeted salary'' Every day however they were in contact with me updating me every step of the way. Then finally after three days or so I received a call with a different and better offer. It was not exactly what I had wanted but very close and they fought for me and met me in the middle. I could not ask for more, I am so far very impressed with the entire recruiting process. Organized, approprately paced, True ambassadors for the company, Truthful, Knowledgeable and willing to fight for the candidates they want....thats what I experienced.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2013.

They fly you out to meet a recruiter, who asks if you can deal with sad situation with seniors. Once they tell you about the company they ask you if you are ok with starting a job and going to a training class with no idea where you will be working when your training class is over,.

Interview Questions
    • Can you start in one week but we will not tell you where you will be working,.   Answer Question
    There is none.

Community Sales Leader Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter from my online resume. I was flown to Atlanta for initial interview which took about an hour. Interviewer was nice enough and only asked a few questions, she spent the whole interview typing in my answers into her computer. All seemed to go well she said she was sending me to the next step in the interview and gave me the name of the regional director who would be contacting me within a few days. Three days later I received a canned email that they had gone with another candidate.

Regional Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Clear communication on the interview process. Interview questions revolve around work history and real life examples of managing different scenarios and situations. Expectations regarding hours expected to work and company culture clearly communicated during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Senior Management from company focused too much time on your weaknesses versus your strengths and the contributions you can make to their organization.   Answer Question

CSL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

I was recrutied by the outside. The HR department was good and trainers were OK.

Interview Questions
    • What would you first do to turn things around at this community?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Sous Chef Interview

The executive chef knew nothing and made promises he couldn't keep. The inept management team also knew very little and could neither confirm or negate any information stated in the interview. It was a constant struggle to get what was offered at the initial interview. I would never recommend this company. I read horror stories on this and other websites about this company and went ahead thinking it had to be scorned former employees ranting. Weeks after taking a better and higher paying job, I still have a distaste for this company.

None

Co Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

send in resume... wait 3 months, get a call... email... set up a iview via phone. Wait a month... give up! Get a call... fly you to a community fo face to face... oh... not much warning! Wait a week... wait another week... get an email saying "congrats" we want to send you to a 2 week Sales Training, 1500 miles away... you have a week! Go to training... 14 hour days for 2 weeks! Congrats! Your community is! 1.5 weeks to relocate!
    Your apartment as co manager is 700 approx sqr ft! But everything is paid for, to include meals. Tough to live in such a limited space if you have 1 kid... more than one?? good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Basically, no real difficult questions, they try and negative sell you on the job... literally urging you to not take it! Ok technique if you iviewer is comprehensive in their descriptions... ours was, as was the RD.   Answer Question
    no negotiation... once selected you are fast tracked in... it is the waiting prior that makes you think nothing is going to happen!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   View Answers (2)