Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.0

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview

A lot of structure yet I asked the same question (What is the occupancy of the facility?) to 3 different people during the interviewing process and no one knew the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would I close the sale? I didn't know enough about the sales protocol to answer that question.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people over the phone. Met the recruiter at a holiday location,he was very unprofessional,but nice. Once hired you go to a training community, that was to worse experience ever! Then they fly you to another location for 2 weeks for sales training. The best 2 weeks of the job ever. Then they give you 1 week to fly or drive home and be I your community.

Negotiation

The is no negotiating, I do not recommend this job or support this company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Went to two states and met very nice interviewer. The second was with the regional manager who was very late and stayed on a few minutes. Very unprofessional. Only asked one question, "Can you move to any state."

Interview Questions

• What does someone think about you that is not true?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. Fixed offer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in OR based on my charitable endeavors and not what i currently do for a living. Then i was flown to and from Atlanta from Florida in one day for an interview with a talent recruiter who asked me questions and took me on a tour of the property i was visiting. I believe i did well but not well enough to meet with the regional sales manager. After a week went by without hearing back i was pretty certain i was no longer in the running for the position so i called the recruiter who confirmed the obvious. I asked for feed back on how i could improve in a similar situation. All she said was they hired someone better qualified which was as disappointing as not getting the job. All in all very nice people but bummed out i didn't get the job or feed back.

Interview Questions

• When a closing statement was made by a prospect what would i say next?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on careerbuilder.com. Then she invited me to interview in California the next week. The company paid airfare, hotel, and rental car. Interview lasted all of 20 minutes. He didn't really ask me anything and said I would hear back in a few days. 10 days later I received an email saying they went another direction. I was shocked that they would spend the money to fly someone out and not do a more in depth interview.

Interview Questions

• There were really no questions. It was as if he was selling me on their business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Buffalo, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed over phone for 3 minutes. Was flown in to So. Carolina for interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Negotiation

No negotiating. The company treats you right up front, they spend a lot of money flying you from place to place and on training you but once that's over, they forget that you are a person with "human" needs.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Orlando, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Was called in for a first interview tat took just over an hour, my second interview followed a week later and I was offered the position. I was sent to a community to train for a week then went to to the Dallas training center for an additional week. Following he training in Dallas I was told that I would move forward and take the position in the community, two people I trained with we're asked to resign as hey just did not fit the company mold.

Interview Questions

• All the questions where pretty basic, the most challenging was why Holiday ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes there was some negation room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montana City, MT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Montana City, MT).

Interview

It seems the company found me. My resume was located by a recruiter and I received a phone call asking if I would be interested in traveling to California for an interview. Three days later I was on an airplane. The entire trip from to California was paid along with expenses. Highly professional company that ensured all travel arrangements were well thought out and coordinated. Interviewed with a single sales recruting professional and departed after an hour long interview mostly covering personality and sales. Exactly six days later, I was offered the job at the location I wanted along with the salary I was told to expect. No surprises here.

Interview Questions

• What is the most rewarding aspect of the sales process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, the offer was more than competitive for this market and the incentives and perks were also encouraging.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Emails were sent back and forth between the recruiter and I. I was then asked to prepare a statement before phone interview. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and was told that it went well. I then got an email stating that we had been pushed forward to the face to face interview and that I would have details by Friday. Then of Friday night I received an email stating that the region was full and that they weren’t reviewing and new applications. Which I don’t understand because my application had already been reviewed

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions were the ones I was ask to answer for the recruiter. They were unclear, misspelled; she used bad grammar, and no punctuation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Ventura, CA).

Interview

Interviewed over the phone by a recruiting company (Holiday loves to outsource). Had an interview with Regional Sales Leader in the community, I was hired the same day as my in person interview. My interviewer was on the phone half the time and couldn't even give me a full interview. The Regional Director was not even respectful enough to wait for his annoying calls and emails till my interview was over. Recruiting company called offering me the job and I only had 2 days to pack up and fly to Corporate offices for 2 week training session. Training was very repetitive and didn't cover anything that was already common knowledge. Threw a lot of legal terms around because Holiday is scared of the world lawsuit.

Interview Questions

• My interview didn't even hit hard questions, interviewer was on the phone half the time   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiations. I was told this is what we are offering $32,000 per year with a potential of high uncapped commissions. Which was falsely represented. At the beginning they started paying $300.00 per move in. Now they "restructured" and only payout $225.00 per move in and you receive half a month after sale, second half 90 days later.