Holiday Retirement

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter in OR based on my charitable endeavors and not what i currently do for a living. Then i was flown to and from Atlanta from Florida in one day for an interview with a talent recruiter who asked me questions and took me on a tour of the property i was visiting. I believe i did well but not well enough to meet with the regional sales manager. After a week went by without hearing back i was pretty certain i was no longer in the running for the position so i called the recruiter who confirmed the obvious. I asked for feed back on how i could improve in a similar situation. All she said was they hired someone better qualified which was as disappointing as not getting the job. All in all very nice people but bummed out i didn't get the job or feed back.

Interview Questions
    • When a closing statement was made by a prospect what would i say next?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on careerbuilder.com. Then she invited me to interview in California the next week. The company paid airfare, hotel, and rental car. Interview lasted all of 20 minutes. He didn't really ask me anything and said I would hear back in a few days. 10 days later I received an email saying they went another direction. I was shocked that they would spend the money to fly someone out and not do a more in depth interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions. It was as if he was selling me on their business.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

Interviewed over phone for 3 minutes. Was flown in to So. Carolina for interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes.

No negotiating. The company treats you right up front, they spend a lot of money flying you from place to place and on training you but once that's over, they forget that you are a person with "human" needs.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

Was called in for a first interview tat took just over an hour, my second interview followed a week later and I was offered the position. I was sent to a community to train for a week then went to to the Dallas training center for an additional week. Following he training in Dallas I was told that I would move forward and take the position in the community, two people I trained with we're asked to resign as hey just did not fit the company mold.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions where pretty basic, the most challenging was why Holiday ?   Answer Question
    Yes there was some negation room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montana City, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montana City, MT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

It seems the company found me. My resume was located by a recruiter and I received a phone call asking if I would be interested in traveling to California for an interview. Three days later I was on an airplane. The entire trip from to California was paid along with expenses. Highly professional company that ensured all travel arrangements were well thought out and coordinated. Interviewed with a single sales recruting professional and departed after an hour long interview mostly covering personality and sales. Exactly six days later, I was offered the job at the location I wanted along with the salary I was told to expect. No surprises here.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most rewarding aspect of the sales process?   View Answer
    No need to negotiate, the offer was more than competitive for this market and the incentives and perks were also encouraging.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Emails were sent back and forth between the recruiter and I. I was then asked to prepare a statement before phone interview. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and was told that it went well. I then got an email stating that we had been pushed forward to the face to face interview and that I would have details by Friday. Then of Friday night I received an email stating that the region was full and that they weren’t reviewing and new applications. Which I don’t understand because my application had already been reviewed

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult questions were the ones I was ask to answer for the recruiter. They were unclear, misspelled; she used bad grammar, and no punctuation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interviewed over the phone by a recruiting company (Holiday loves to outsource). Had an interview with Regional Sales Leader in the community, I was hired the same day as my in person interview. My interviewer was on the phone half the time and couldn't even give me a full interview. The Regional Director was not even respectful enough to wait for his annoying calls and emails till my interview was over. Recruiting company called offering me the job and I only had 2 days to pack up and fly to Corporate offices for 2 week training session. Training was very repetitive and didn't cover anything that was already common knowledge. Threw a lot of legal terms around because Holiday is scared of the world lawsuit.

Interview Questions
    • My interview didn't even hit hard questions, interviewer was on the phone half the time   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiations. I was told this is what we are offering $32,000 per year with a potential of high uncapped commissions. Which was falsely represented. At the beginning they started paying $300.00 per move in. Now they "restructured" and only payout $225.00 per move in and you receive half a month after sale, second half 90 days later.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

The whole interview process seemed to be conducted by someone with "issues"...either they hated ther job or were drunk. We were called for a phone interview and they apparently forgot about it so we were then told to drive to a larger city nearby to meet with the RD. That went well and we were hired and told to drive to a city 1200 miles away for training. We were told we would be compensated for all expenses, within reason, of the training and the future moving our stuff to our future property. When all was said and done and we got to ur new property we were told that they compensate us only $1000.00. So we had to eat around $1700.00 right off the bat.

Interview Questions
    • Can you travel 1200 miles in your vehicle for training, drive back in 2 months, and then drive and move your stuff to your new property, even though we have 4 properties within 100 miles of here?   View Answer
    One-sided

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in September 2012.

Phone interview, then skype interview, then will fly you to TX for an interview.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Hired after interview with managers on phone and in person after touring the building. Rehired the next time just by phone and recommendation by past RD and visited the building and talked with the managers.
    This is not done this way now.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot say that there were any questions that were too difficult except for being able to maintain the elevator if broken down.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate any even though the salary was a lot less than husband had made in the past, it was about what I was making on job I gave up.