Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.0

CSL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

I was recrutied by the outside. The HR department was good and trainers were OK.

Interview Questions

• What would you first do to turn things around at this community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

They are so desperate you don't have to answer hardly ant questions at all. If your resume matches a place close you have the job. Questions are " are you breathing because age is not an issue".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would not even bother

Sous Chef Interview

Interview

The executive chef knew nothing and made promises he couldn't keep. The inept management team also knew very little and could neither confirm or negate any information stated in the interview. It was a constant struggle to get what was offered at the initial interview. I would never recommend this company. I read horror stories on this and other websites about this company and went ahead thinking it had to be scorned former employees ranting. Weeks after taking a better and higher paying job, I still have a distaste for this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

send in resume... wait 3 months, get a call... email... set up a iview via phone. Wait a month... give up! Get a call... fly you to a community fo face to face... oh... not much warning! Wait a week... wait another week... get an email saying "congrats" we want to send you to a 2 week Sales Training, 1500 miles away... you have a week! Go to training... 14 hour days for 2 weeks! Congrats! Your community is! 1.5 weeks to relocate!
    Your apartment as co manager is 700 approx sqr ft! But everything is paid for, to include meals. Tough to live in such a limited space if you have 1 kid... more than one?? good luck!

Interview Questions

• Basically, no real difficult questions, they try and negative sell you on the job... literally urging you to not take it! Ok technique if you iviewer is comprehensive in their descriptions... ours was, as was the RD.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation... once selected you are fast tracked in... it is the waiting prior that makes you think nothing is going to happen!

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   2 Answers

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Lake Oswego, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

The recruiting and staffing team were awesome from inital contact all the way through the offer letter. Could not ask for any better staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate offer was just what I wanted

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Interviewed with the recruiter first. The recruiter will spend 20 minutes selling the company to you before asking you any questions about your background. This is then followed by a less than 5 minute call with the regional manager and sales manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is room for negotiation in the salary, so ask for it! They hire roughly 50 people at once because they all go to training together. The turnover is VERY HIGH at this company.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement (Hartford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Lack of communication and continuity up and down and across Holiday Retirement Human Resource and Recruitment functions, roles, and players: corporate, between and within regions. Yet, all 'progressed' satisfactorily until fourth interview, with the lead management team: inept, professionally suspect, 20th century stones…INTERVIEWS WORK BOTH WAYS, people.

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between you and your co-manager?   1 Answer

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview

A lot of structure yet I asked the same question (What is the occupancy of the facility?) to 3 different people during the interviewing process and no one knew the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would I close the sale? I didn't know enough about the sales protocol to answer that question.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people over the phone. Met the recruiter at a holiday location,he was very unprofessional,but nice. Once hired you go to a training community, that was to worse experience ever! Then they fly you to another location for 2 weeks for sales training. The best 2 weeks of the job ever. Then they give you 1 week to fly or drive home and be I your community.

Negotiation

The is no negotiating, I do not recommend this job or support this company