Holiday Retirement Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
Updated Aug 12, 2014
111 interviews

Co-Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

Interviewed with 3 people over the phone. Met the recruiter at a holiday location,he was very unprofessional,but nice. Once hired you go to a training community, that was to worse experience ever! Then they fly you to another location for 2 weeks for sales training. The best 2 weeks of the job ever. Then they give you 1 week to fly or drive home and be I your community.

The is no negotiating, I do not recommend this job or support this company

Anonymous Employee  in  Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in September 2012.

Phone interview, then skype interview, then will fly you to TX for an interview.

Regional Sales Leader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Clear communication on the interview process. Interview questions revolve around work history and real life examples of managing different scenarios and situations. Expectations regarding hours expected to work and company culture clearly communicated during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Senior Management from company focused too much time on your weaknesses versus your strengths and the contributions you can make to their organization.   Answer Question

General Sales Manager, Sales Leader, Community Sales Leader, Etc Etc Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in February 2010.

Was recruited by a third party. Interview process seemed extreamly lengthy and expensive, poorly thought out. Went to the expense to fly candidates all over the U.S. willy nilly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult except the "leadership", and I use the word loosely. The blind leading the blind.   Answer Question
    Pretty much got what I asked for.

Community Sales Leader Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter from my online resume. I was flown to Atlanta for initial interview which took about an hour. Interviewer was nice enough and only asked a few questions, she spent the whole interview typing in my answers into her computer. All seemed to go well she said she was sending me to the next step in the interview and gave me the name of the regional director who would be contacting me within a few days. Three days later I received a canned email that they had gone with another candidate.

CSL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

I was recrutied by the outside. The HR department was good and trainers were OK.

Interview Questions
    • What would you first do to turn things around at this community?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Oswego, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2013.

The recruiting and staffing team were awesome from inital contact all the way through the offer letter. Could not ask for any better staff.

Interview Questions
    No need to negotiate offer was just what I wanted

Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   View Answers (2)

Community Sales Leader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2012.

A lot of structure yet I asked the same question (What is the occupancy of the facility?) to 3 different people during the interviewing process and no one knew the answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would I close the sale? I didn't know enough about the sales protocol to answer that question.   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

The executive chef knew nothing and made promises he couldn't keep. The inept management team also knew very little and could neither confirm or negate any information stated in the interview. It was a constant struggle to get what was offered at the initial interview. I would never recommend this company. I read horror stories on this and other websites about this company and went ahead thinking it had to be scorned former employees ranting. Weeks after taking a better and higher paying job, I still have a distaste for this company.

None