Holiday Retirement

Average Difficulty
106 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2009.

Interview Details – When we were interviewed the whole process was rather disjointed and un-professional. The recruiter (worked for Holiday) had no idea what was going on ...very disorganized. ...our first interview could hardly be called an interview though. We were interviewed twice, both times left with the understanding we would be hired and would be contacted soon. Both times we had to contact the recruiter only to find out he knew nothing...after the 2nd interview (by the RSL) we at least had a contact...I think we were eventually hired because we kept pestering her for information about our status.

Interview Question – I honestly do not recall any of the questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...take it or leave it.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in October 2010.

Interview Details – Lots of preliminary phone screening from an outsourced 3rd party hiring agency. several follow up one-on-one interviews with managers up to the regional level. After they saw that you fit their culture and needs, the rest of the hiring process was fast and furious to get you trained and on board.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with working with this generation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they offered a salary and either you took it or you didn't.

Co-Manager Interview

Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Went to two states and met very nice interviewer. The second was with the regional manager who was very late and stayed on a few minutes. Very unprofessional. Only asked one question, "Can you move to any state."

Interview Question – What does someone think about you that is not true?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. Fixed offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Co-Manager Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was a dream.

Interview Question – Seemed like the interviewer was convincing us to take the job. Didn't ask any questions of us.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Montana City, MT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – It seems the company found me. My resume was located by a recruiter and I received a phone call asking if I would be interested in traveling to California for an interview. Three days later I was on an airplane. The entire trip from to California was paid along with expenses. Highly professional company that ensured all travel arrangements were well thought out and coordinated. Interviewed with a single sales recruting professional and departed after an hour long interview mostly covering personality and sales. Exactly six days later, I was offered the job at the location I wanted along with the salary I was told to expect. No surprises here.

Interview Question – What is the most rewarding aspect of the sales process?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, the offer was more than competitive for this market and the incentives and perks were also encouraging.

Manager Interview

Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview seemed fine and they are nice enough to fly you to your in person interview but they seemed somewhat disorganized and unprepared for the interview. It was clear the phone interviewer hadn't shared everything with the 1-1 interviewer as there were many duplicate questions. We thought everything went fine in the interview and the 1-1 interviewer promised to call us the following Monday. We never heard back from her even to give us an email saying thanks no thanks and were therefore disappointed as that is very unprofessional.

Interview Question – How would you generate more residents.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Emails were sent back and forth between the recruiter and I. I was then asked to prepare a statement before phone interview. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and was told that it went well. I then got an email stating that we had been pushed forward to the face to face interview and that I would have details by Friday. Then of Friday night I received an email stating that the region was full and that they weren’t reviewing and new applications. Which I don’t understand because my application had already been reviewed

Interview Question – The only difficult questions were the ones I was ask to answer for the recruiter. They were unclear, misspelled; she used bad grammar, and no punctuation   Answer Question

Ventura, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone by a recruiting company (Holiday loves to outsource). Had an interview with Regional Sales Leader in the community, I was hired the same day as my in person interview. My interviewer was on the phone half the time and couldn't even give me a full interview. The Regional Director was not even respectful enough to wait for his annoying calls and emails till my interview was over. Recruiting company called offering me the job and I only had 2 days to pack up and fly to Corporate offices for 2 week training session. Training was very repetitive and didn't cover anything that was already common knowledge. Threw a lot of legal terms around because Holiday is scared of the world lawsuit.

Interview Question – My interview didn't even hit hard questions, interviewer was on the phone half the time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiations. I was told this is what we are offering $32,000 per year with a potential of high uncapped commissions. Which was falsely represented. At the beginning they started paying $300.00 per move in. Now they "restructured" and only payout $225.00 per move in and you receive half a month after sale, second half 90 days later.

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with either recruiter or regional director, phone interview with regional director if not in person.

Interview Question – Will you relocate for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is what we offer, accept or decline.

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2009.

Interview Details – At the time, the position for which I interviewed was Community Relations Manager. At that time, and in the area in which I applied, there were just three communities with this role.

First interview was in mid-August and took place in front of a fireplace when it was 80 degrees outside. Very uncomfortable. Standard and expected questions: goals, experience, strengths, weaknesses...etc.

Interview Question – Second interview was with a newly hired RSL who I adored. She was professional, intelligent and quized me about how long I thought I would stay with Holiday. What a misfortune she was forced to move on...for the same reason most leave that have a strong business ethic.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a negotiation on the Salary - which was between $32K and $36K. I negotiated at the higher rate. I also negotiated a two week vacation which was originally offered at one week. I'd like to note that as with many, and as with the RSL who interviewed me, I eventually chose to leave my position for a new job because I felt my integrity and professional ethic were always put to task. If you haven't your integrity, personal beliefs and personal or professional ethic at the end of the day...what have you got? NOTHING!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Retirement