Holiday Retirement

111 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – send in resume... wait 3 months, get a call... email... set up a iview via phone. Wait a month... give up! Get a call... fly you to a community fo face to face... oh... not much warning! Wait a week... wait another week... get an email saying "congrats" we want to send you to a 2 week Sales Training, 1500 miles away... you have a week! Go to training... 14 hour days for 2 weeks! Congrats! Your community is! 1.5 weeks to relocate!
Your apartment as co manager is 700 approx sqr ft! But everything is paid for, to include meals. Tough to live in such a limited space if you have 1 kid... more than one?? good luck!

Interview Question – Basically, no real difficult questions, they try and negative sell you on the job... literally urging you to not take it! Ok technique if you iviewer is comprehensive in their descriptions... ours was, as was the RD.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation... once selected you are fast tracked in... it is the waiting prior that makes you think nothing is going to happen!

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2013.

Interview Details – Lack of communication and continuity up and down and across Holiday Retirement Human Resource and Recruitment functions, roles, and players: corporate, between and within regions. Yet, all 'progressed' satisfactorily until fourth interview, with the lead management team: inept, professionally suspect, 20th century stones…INTERVIEWS WORK BOTH WAYS, people.

Interview Question – What is the relationship between you and your co-manager?   View Answer

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on careerbuilder.com. Then she invited me to interview in California the next week. The company paid airfare, hotel, and rental car. Interview lasted all of 20 minutes. He didn't really ask me anything and said I would hear back in a few days. 10 days later I received an email saying they went another direction. I was shocked that they would spend the money to fly someone out and not do a more in depth interview.

Interview Question – There were really no questions. It was as if he was selling me on their business.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter in OR based on my charitable endeavors and not what i currently do for a living. Then i was flown to and from Atlanta from Florida in one day for an interview with a talent recruiter who asked me questions and took me on a tour of the property i was visiting. I believe i did well but not well enough to meet with the regional sales manager. After a week went by without hearing back i was pretty certain i was no longer in the running for the position so i called the recruiter who confirmed the obvious. I asked for feed back on how i could improve in a similar situation. All she said was they hired someone better qualified which was as disappointing as not getting the job. All in all very nice people but bummed out i didn't get the job or feed back.

Interview Question – When a closing statement was made by a prospect what would i say next?   View Answer

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2009.

Interview Details – When we were interviewed the whole process was rather disjointed and un-professional. The recruiter (worked for Holiday) had no idea what was going on ...very disorganized. ...our first interview could hardly be called an interview though. We were interviewed twice, both times left with the understanding we would be hired and would be contacted soon. Both times we had to contact the recruiter only to find out he knew nothing...after the 2nd interview (by the RSL) we at least had a contact...I think we were eventually hired because we kept pestering her for information about our status.

Interview Question – I honestly do not recall any of the questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...take it or leave it.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in October 2010.

Interview Details – Lots of preliminary phone screening from an outsourced 3rd party hiring agency. several follow up one-on-one interviews with managers up to the regional level. After they saw that you fit their culture and needs, the rest of the hiring process was fast and furious to get you trained and on board.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with working with this generation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they offered a salary and either you took it or you didn't.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Went to two states and met very nice interviewer. The second was with the regional manager who was very late and stayed on a few minutes. Very unprofessional. Only asked one question, "Can you move to any state."

Interview Question – What does someone think about you that is not true?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. Fixed offer.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was a dream.

Interview Question – Seemed like the interviewer was convincing us to take the job. Didn't ask any questions of us.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Montana City, MT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – It seems the company found me. My resume was located by a recruiter and I received a phone call asking if I would be interested in traveling to California for an interview. Three days later I was on an airplane. The entire trip from to California was paid along with expenses. Highly professional company that ensured all travel arrangements were well thought out and coordinated. Interviewed with a single sales recruting professional and departed after an hour long interview mostly covering personality and sales. Exactly six days later, I was offered the job at the location I wanted along with the salary I was told to expect. No surprises here.

Interview Question – What is the most rewarding aspect of the sales process?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, the offer was more than competitive for this market and the incentives and perks were also encouraging.

Manager Interview

Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview seemed fine and they are nice enough to fly you to your in person interview but they seemed somewhat disorganized and unprepared for the interview. It was clear the phone interviewer hadn't shared everything with the 1-1 interviewer as there were many duplicate questions. We thought everything went fine in the interview and the 1-1 interviewer promised to call us the following Monday. We never heard back from her even to give us an email saying thanks no thanks and were therefore disappointed as that is very unprofessional.

Interview Question – How would you generate more residents.   Answer Question