Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2012.

A phone interview was the first step. After that, a second interview was scheduled about three hours driving distance from the location they were hiring for. All of the staff at the other location were warm and welcoming, although the actual interview was more than a half hour behind schedule. The recruiter was, bluntly, egotistical and unprofessional. She kept to the normal questions of a second interview but I believe, if given the opportunity, she would have talked about herself the whole time while having her feet hiked up on a chair, which she mostly accomplished. I should have expected she would be a week late on getting back to us.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to handle a work environment where tenants pass away frequently?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2012.

Hiring process seemed to quick with a single decision maker. I was first interviewed by two analysts and then a senior managing director. They asked basic questions about my real estate and financial analysis skill set and then asked me to author a financial model i would create in a day in 40 mins. This company is very specific in what they do; senior living facilities. They did not care about any other real estate or finance experience. For the Analyst role they wanted someone that could create and maintain financial models for senior living facilities and conduct analysts. Thats it. Overall, pleasant and positive personalities but job opportunity had limited growth potential (they actually said that) and pay was below market. Most importantly the learning potential was not there.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to author a complete financial model with an amortization table while in the office.   View Answer

Below market pay, overqualified for the role, no career and personal growth potential.

Co-Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2012.

Great interview and hiring process and expensive training provided for 2 weeks, hotel, food, rental car, the works.

Interview Questions
    • We thought they wanted kind, compassionate and honest people. We were wrong. The ones who are the opposite seem to thrive there.   Answer Question
    There is no negotional, at will, take if or leave it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twin Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twin Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in February 2012.

they lied all the way through

stupid. it was just a show

Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2012.

Contacted within 1 week of submitting resume. Flown to Las Vegas for an interview. All expenses paid. Offer made at interview. Flown to training for two weeks in Dallas. Had four days to move to community after returning home.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if you found a resident who had committed suicide.   View Answer
    There was none. They were not willing to negotiate.

Co-Manager Http:/Www Barrettandfarahany.com/Overtime-law/Holiday-retirement-overtime-lawsuit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2011.

Easy - They need people so bad they will hire just about anyone without a criminal record!

Interview Questions
    None, We were told you get $25,500 each per year, nothing to negotiate. The never told us we would have to work/be on call for 96+ hours per week to earn that small amount. It works out to $5.85 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2011.

Just be open and honest about your experience. .

Interview Questions
    • Life balance issues are going to be brought up   View Answer
    They said they did not negotiate on salary but I would press them. They need managers desperately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2011.

*Applied
    *Received call for phone interview very quickly
    *1:2 Interview (myself & spouse). Very straight-forward, upfront & pleasant.
    *taken on a tour by a manager of another location. Very nice & very helpful manager that told us the true ups and downs of the job. Didn't try to hide any facts about the difficulty of the position.
    *treated to lunch @ the facility.
    *only location available was for an area not advertised that didn't work for us at this time. =

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2011.

This is such a brief interview. They will sit and talk to you about seniors, sales, and taking care of your residents. It is a very informal interview. If you are breathing and walking this company will hire you.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase. They will hire you if you are breathing

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2011.

Awesome recruiter, Jessica. She has excellent follow through and called when she said she would and provided me with interview feedback

There was no negotiation. They offered I accepted