Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

2.0

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in September 2012.

Phone interview, then skype interview, then will fly you to TX for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Hired after interview with managers on phone and in person after touring the building. Rehired the next time just by phone and recommendation by past RD and visited the building and talked with the managers.
    This is not done this way now.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot say that there were any questions that were too difficult except for being able to maintain the elevator if broken down.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate any even though the salary was a lot less than husband had made in the past, it was about what I was making on job I gave up.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

This position and company appeared positive at first and my wife and I had a very good first phone interview. We became excited about the position available in a location that was acceptable to us. We were also told we may be expected to move within that region as needed which was also acceptable. We were flown to Denver, CO at company expense (except $60 bag fees at the airport). We did not meet with the Senior Recruiter as promised. We were told he actually had all the pertinent information about the job and locations that may be available. We were also then told that the location we preferred was not available and most of the positions in that region were filled. This fact was a shock but was still acceptable to us since we were impressed with the Denver facility and with what we were told of a "day in the life" of a co-manager team. The interview questions were short and not very in-depth to allow us demonstrate our relevant experience or skill sets. We were told the purpose of that interview was to be a negative sale to reveal the negative aspects of the job. We appreciated that and were told we would have a third interview with the Senior Recruiter in a few days. We were told to review Glassdoor.com and and to let the person interviewing us know if we were still interested. We sent that email on the way home from Denver and confirmed we were still interested. We never got a response and did not hear anything for a week until we phoned the person who had arranged our travel arrangements. Within 5 minutes we received a "form" email that other candidates were more qualified and we had not been selected.
    We do not know how anyone could have made that decision. Our employers were not contacted and neither were our references. If they made the decision based upon our resumes and the brief interview we had, why did they spend the money to fly us to Denver with an overnight stay and rental car. Very odd behavior for what otherwise appeared to be a professional company. After having been treated this way, I would caution anyone considering employment with this company. I have interviewed with dozens of companies over the years and been recruited by many large corporations and have hired literally hundreds of people in my career. I have never had this disjointed an experience and would never invest my time and my company's expense with so little follow through and so much disrespect for a potential candidate.

Interview Questions
    • This was the issue, in the second interview. There were no tough questions at all that could not be answered by viewing our resumes. We were not given any opportunity to ask specific questions about a particular location or even demonstrate how good a fit we could be for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

The interview process is fairly quick. Online interview, phone interview, face to face interview and then training all in three weeks. Holiday will spend lots of money on you for transportation, lodging, rental car, and food. The training does not tell you a true picture of what to expect when at community.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. They will be hiring for a specific location an all the pay is predetermined. They will not tell you where you will be working so after training you may have to move and they give you one week to pack and move into the community.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

Great. We were treated well and with dignity.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just straight-forward information. Very professional   Answer Question
    My husband and I have worked together for many years. Our proposal was straight forward as well as their proposal. No hidden agenda

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

Found this job opening on Craigs-List and apply and interview on line. This company will spend a fortune training you for two weeks and tell you up front that your job expectancy is less than one year with them.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with elderly persons?   View Answer
    Offer came later over the phone and signed contract by email. There is some room to negotiate depending on how many of their locations need Managers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

The phone interview seemed fine and they are nice enough to fly you to your in person interview but they seemed somewhat disorganized and unprepared for the interview. It was clear the phone interviewer hadn't shared everything with the 1-1 interviewer as there were many duplicate questions. We thought everything went fine in the interview and the 1-1 interviewer promised to call us the following Monday. We never heard back from her even to give us an email saying thanks no thanks and were therefore disappointed as that is very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2012.

Phone interview. In person interview. All co-manager interviewees can you tell me if the interviewer had to step away for a few moments?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would market our community.   View Answer
    • Tell me about the thing you are most proud of accomplishing in your life.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2012.

A phone interview was the first step. After that, a second interview was scheduled about three hours driving distance from the location they were hiring for. All of the staff at the other location were warm and welcoming, although the actual interview was more than a half hour behind schedule. The recruiter was, bluntly, egotistical and unprofessional. She kept to the normal questions of a second interview but I believe, if given the opportunity, she would have talked about herself the whole time while having her feet hiked up on a chair, which she mostly accomplished. I should have expected she would be a week late on getting back to us.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to handle a work environment where tenants pass away frequently?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2012.

Hiring process seemed to quick with a single decision maker. I was first interviewed by two analysts and then a senior managing director. They asked basic questions about my real estate and financial analysis skill set and then asked me to author a financial model i would create in a day in 40 mins. This company is very specific in what they do; senior living facilities. They did not care about any other real estate or finance experience. For the Analyst role they wanted someone that could create and maintain financial models for senior living facilities and conduct analysts. Thats it. Overall, pleasant and positive personalities but job opportunity had limited growth potential (they actually said that) and pay was below market. Most importantly the learning potential was not there.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to author a complete financial model with an amortization table while in the office.   View Answer

Below market pay, overqualified for the role, no career and personal growth potential.