Holiday Retirement

Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – The whole interview process seemed to be conducted by someone with "issues"...either they hated ther job or were drunk. We were called for a phone interview and they apparently forgot about it so we were then told to drive to a larger city nearby to meet with the RD. That went well and we were hired and told to drive to a city 1200 miles away for training. We were told we would be compensated for all expenses, within reason, of the training and the future moving our stuff to our future property. When all was said and done and we got to ur new property we were told that they compensate us only $1000.00. So we had to eat around $1700.00 right off the bat.

Interview Question – Can you travel 1200 miles in your vehicle for training, drive back in 2 months, and then drive and move your stuff to your new property, even though we have 4 properties within 100 miles of here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One-sided

Jackson, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview Details – Hired after interview with managers on phone and in person after touring the building. Rehired the next time just by phone and recommendation by past RD and visited the building and talked with the managers.
This is not done this way now.

Interview Question – I cannot say that there were any questions that were too difficult except for being able to maintain the elevator if broken down.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate any even though the salary was a lot less than husband had made in the past, it was about what I was making on job I gave up.

Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

Interview Details – This position and company appeared positive at first and my wife and I had a very good first phone interview. We became excited about the position available in a location that was acceptable to us. We were also told we may be expected to move within that region as needed which was also acceptable. We were flown to Denver, CO at company expense (except $60 bag fees at the airport). We did not meet with the Senior Recruiter as promised. We were told he actually had all the pertinent information about the job and locations that may be available. We were also then told that the location we preferred was not available and most of the positions in that region were filled. This fact was a shock but was still acceptable to us since we were impressed with the Denver facility and with what we were told of a "day in the life" of a co-manager team. The interview questions were short and not very in-depth to allow us demonstrate our relevant experience or skill sets. We were told the purpose of that interview was to be a negative sale to reveal the negative aspects of the job. We appreciated that and were told we would have a third interview with the Senior Recruiter in a few days. We were told to review Glassdoor.com and and to let the person interviewing us know if we were still interested. We sent that email on the way home from Denver and confirmed we were still interested. We never got a response and did not hear anything for a week until we phoned the person who had arranged our travel arrangements. Within 5 minutes we received a "form" email that other candidates were more qualified and we had not been selected.
We do not know how anyone could have made that decision. Our employers were not contacted and neither were our references. If they made the decision based upon our resumes and the brief interview we had, why did they spend the money to fly us to Denver with an overnight stay and rental car. Very odd behavior for what otherwise appeared to be a professional company. After having been treated this way, I would caution anyone considering employment with this company. I have interviewed with dozens of companies over the years and been recruited by many large corporations and have hired literally hundreds of people in my career. I have never had this disjointed an experience and would never invest my time and my company's expense with so little follow through and so much disrespect for a potential candidate.

Interview Question – This was the issue, in the second interview. There were no tough questions at all that could not be answered by viewing our resumes. We were not given any opportunity to ask specific questions about a particular location or even demonstrate how good a fit we could be for the position.   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader Interview

Community Sales Leader
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2010.

Interview Details – General questions with a "how do you want to be remembered ?" thrown in.

Negotiation Details – I was offered the higher advertised salary.

Enrichment Coordinator Interview

Enrichment Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2010.

Interview Details – Came on site and interviewed with managers and Regional Director. Positive, clear explanation of duties. It was a good interview and not mis-leading. The only thing missing was the pace of work and the changes in the company to press so hard to get the impossible done in the amount of time provided.

Negotiation Details – I did not receive calls back in a timely manner. I would not accept the pay originally offered and they came up a bit.

Server Interview

Server
Fenton, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2011.

Interview Details – I called the place saying that I was interested in a part-time server job, they set up a time the very next day. The interview lasted 5 minutes and they hired me to work the next week...super fast and inprofessional.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work here?" not a hard question at all but the only question that required some brain cells   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview was the first step. After that, a second interview was scheduled about three hours driving distance from the location they were hiring for. All of the staff at the other location were warm and welcoming, although the actual interview was more than a half hour behind schedule. The recruiter was, bluntly, egotistical and unprofessional. She kept to the normal questions of a second interview but I believe, if given the opportunity, she would have talked about herself the whole time while having her feet hiked up on a chair, which she mostly accomplished. I should have expected she would be a week late on getting back to us.

Interview Question – Are you able to handle a work environment where tenants pass away frequently?   Answer Question

Simi Valley, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview. In person interview. All co-manager interviewees can you tell me if the interviewer had to step away for a few moments?

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would market our community.   View Answer
  • Tell me about the thing you are most proud of accomplishing in your life.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Palatine, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in December 2008.

Interview Details – Ber prepared to show how you can basicly run an entire community and show stengths in marketing and sales.

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was invited to visit the property and I met with one of the Property Management Teams. I toured the property and 2 weeks later I got the call. I then went back and met with my boss (Regional Operations Manager) and was made an offer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. I am in Sales-- I make it my business to take on ANY question adn see no difficulty in doing so.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. I was pleased with the offer and accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Retirement