Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

2.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

The phone interview seemed fine and they are nice enough to fly you to your in person interview but they seemed somewhat disorganized and unprepared for the interview. It was clear the phone interviewer hadn't shared everything with the 1-1 interviewer as there were many duplicate questions. We thought everything went fine in the interview and the 1-1 interviewer promised to call us the following Monday. We never heard back from her even to give us an email saying thanks no thanks and were therefore disappointed as that is very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Emails were sent back and forth between the recruiter and I. I was then asked to prepare a statement before phone interview. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and was told that it went well. I then got an email stating that we had been pushed forward to the face to face interview and that I would have details by Friday. Then of Friday night I received an email stating that the region was full and that they weren’t reviewing and new applications. Which I don’t understand because my application had already been reviewed

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult questions were the ones I was ask to answer for the recruiter. They were unclear, misspelled; she used bad grammar, and no punctuation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interviewed over the phone by a recruiting company (Holiday loves to outsource). Had an interview with Regional Sales Leader in the community, I was hired the same day as my in person interview. My interviewer was on the phone half the time and couldn't even give me a full interview. The Regional Director was not even respectful enough to wait for his annoying calls and emails till my interview was over. Recruiting company called offering me the job and I only had 2 days to pack up and fly to Corporate offices for 2 week training session. Training was very repetitive and didn't cover anything that was already common knowledge. Threw a lot of legal terms around because Holiday is scared of the world lawsuit.

Interview Questions
    • My interview didn't even hit hard questions, interviewer was on the phone half the time   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiations. I was told this is what we are offering $32,000 per year with a potential of high uncapped commissions. Which was falsely represented. At the beginning they started paying $300.00 per move in. Now they "restructured" and only payout $225.00 per move in and you receive half a month after sale, second half 90 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2008.

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with either recruiter or regional director, phone interview with regional director if not in person.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This is what we offer, accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2009.

At the time, the position for which I interviewed was Community Relations Manager. At that time, and in the area in which I applied, there were just three communities with this role.

First interview was in mid-August and took place in front of a fireplace when it was 80 degrees outside. Very uncomfortable. Standard and expected questions: goals, experience, strengths, weaknesses...etc.

Interview Questions
    • Second interview was with a newly hired RSL who I adored. She was professional, intelligent and quized me about how long I thought I would stay with Holiday. What a misfortune she was forced to move on...for the same reason most leave that have a strong business ethic.   View Answer
    There was a negotiation on the Salary - which was between $32K and $36K. I negotiated at the higher rate. I also negotiated a two week vacation which was originally offered at one week. I'd like to note that as with many, and as with the RSL who interviewed me, I eventually chose to leave my position for a new job because I felt my integrity and professional ethic were always put to task. If you haven't your integrity, personal beliefs and personal or professional ethic at the end of the day...what have you got? NOTHING!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

The whole interview process seemed to be conducted by someone with "issues"...either they hated ther job or were drunk. We were called for a phone interview and they apparently forgot about it so we were then told to drive to a larger city nearby to meet with the RD. That went well and we were hired and told to drive to a city 1200 miles away for training. We were told we would be compensated for all expenses, within reason, of the training and the future moving our stuff to our future property. When all was said and done and we got to ur new property we were told that they compensate us only $1000.00. So we had to eat around $1700.00 right off the bat.

Interview Questions
    • Can you travel 1200 miles in your vehicle for training, drive back in 2 months, and then drive and move your stuff to your new property, even though we have 4 properties within 100 miles of here?   View Answer
    One-sided

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Hired after interview with managers on phone and in person after touring the building. Rehired the next time just by phone and recommendation by past RD and visited the building and talked with the managers.
    This is not done this way now.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot say that there were any questions that were too difficult except for being able to maintain the elevator if broken down.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate any even though the salary was a lot less than husband had made in the past, it was about what I was making on job I gave up.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2012.

This position and company appeared positive at first and my wife and I had a very good first phone interview. We became excited about the position available in a location that was acceptable to us. We were also told we may be expected to move within that region as needed which was also acceptable. We were flown to Denver, CO at company expense (except $60 bag fees at the airport). We did not meet with the Senior Recruiter as promised. We were told he actually had all the pertinent information about the job and locations that may be available. We were also then told that the location we preferred was not available and most of the positions in that region were filled. This fact was a shock but was still acceptable to us since we were impressed with the Denver facility and with what we were told of a "day in the life" of a co-manager team. The interview questions were short and not very in-depth to allow us demonstrate our relevant experience or skill sets. We were told the purpose of that interview was to be a negative sale to reveal the negative aspects of the job. We appreciated that and were told we would have a third interview with the Senior Recruiter in a few days. We were told to review Glassdoor.com and and to let the person interviewing us know if we were still interested. We sent that email on the way home from Denver and confirmed we were still interested. We never got a response and did not hear anything for a week until we phoned the person who had arranged our travel arrangements. Within 5 minutes we received a "form" email that other candidates were more qualified and we had not been selected.
    We do not know how anyone could have made that decision. Our employers were not contacted and neither were our references. If they made the decision based upon our resumes and the brief interview we had, why did they spend the money to fly us to Denver with an overnight stay and rental car. Very odd behavior for what otherwise appeared to be a professional company. After having been treated this way, I would caution anyone considering employment with this company. I have interviewed with dozens of companies over the years and been recruited by many large corporations and have hired literally hundreds of people in my career. I have never had this disjointed an experience and would never invest my time and my company's expense with so little follow through and so much disrespect for a potential candidate.

Interview Questions
    • This was the issue, in the second interview. There were no tough questions at all that could not be answered by viewing our resumes. We were not given any opportunity to ask specific questions about a particular location or even demonstrate how good a fit we could be for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2010.

General questions with a "how do you want to be remembered ?" thrown in.

I was offered the higher advertised salary.

Enrichment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Holiday Retirement in May 2010.

Came on site and interviewed with managers and Regional Director. Positive, clear explanation of duties. It was a good interview and not mis-leading. The only thing missing was the pace of work and the changes in the company to press so hard to get the impossible done in the amount of time provided.

I did not receive calls back in a timely manner. I would not accept the pay originally offered and they came up a bit.