Holiday Stationstores

Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holiday Stationstores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Holiday Stationstores.

Online then recieved phone call for the interview. Got job worked at the labor camp. Found out schedule is not consistent. Started looking for an different job after yhe first week.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for anything

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Holiday Stationstores in December 2013.

I was informed of the position by a recruiter and via said recruiter was granted an interview. I have both a first and second interview and they were very forthcoming in what they expected, and we were able to have very candid conversations. I truly would have enjoyed the opportunity to work at this company!

Interview Questions
    • They will definately ask questions that make you think, The most challenging one that I recall was in regards to handling difficult situations in the past and how those situations were handled, it's tough to recall certain experiences on the spot.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Holiday Stationstores.

The store manager pretty much just called me up scheduled an interview. I went into the small office and we talked for a while. The interview was pretty casual.

Interview Questions
    • She asked what I expected to do as a worker.   View Answer
    No i did not negotiate.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ramsey, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, MN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Holiday Stationstores in September 2009.

When I was hired there was only 1 interview I had to go through. Now there are 2. One with a store manager and a second interview with a separate hiring manager at a different location in the district.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warroad, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warroad, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Stationstores in October 2008.

The interview was informal and quick. My manager basically just asked me some questions and then asked me when I'd like to start.

Shif Leader Interview

Interview is conducted by the store manager. you are asked standard questions. They are looking for people who are upbeat and know how to communicate since there is vast amount of customer interaction.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer is not happy?   View Answer
    Pay is really low usually starts at minimum wage but if you had previous retail experience where you had to deal with customers all the time then you can negotiate up to 9 - 9.50 an hour.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Holiday Stationstores.

I had a informal sit-down interview at a Stationstore. The interviewer asked good, open-ended questions to gauge my responses. It was a typical retail question and answer session.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "curve balls". Any good interviewer has a favorite question they like to ask to solicit honest responses and size you up as an employee.   View Answer
    I gave an hourly range that would allow me to pay my bills. They did not meet it but came close enough.

Cashier Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Holiday Stationstores in February 2010.

I submitted application was called in. I had to wait for manager to interview. She came over and i felt very rushed she didnt even sit. She did not really describe the job

Interview Questions

Worked for Holiday Stationstores? Contribute to the Community!