Holiday Stationstores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Holiday Stationstores in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online, manager called me and a. Couple of days later I interviewed and a couple of days after that received an offer!! Simple process but if you're disabled don't bother applying there!

Interview Questions

I declined because I would need to stand the whole shift! I am disabled and HOLIDAY AS NOTHING IN PLACE TO HIRE A DISABLED WORKER!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Holiday Stationstores (Fargo, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I talked to the store manager for a few minutes we got to know each other a little bit. After just a few basic questions he told me he'd see what he could do. After a couple days I got a call for the job.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have with gad stations?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Holiday Stationstores.

Interview

Online then recieved phone call for the interview. Got job worked at the labor camp. Found out schedule is not consistent. Started looking for an different job after yhe first week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for anything

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Holiday Stationstores (Bloomington, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

I was informed of the position by a recruiter and via said recruiter was granted an interview. I have both a first and second interview and they were very forthcoming in what they expected, and we were able to have very candid conversations. I truly would have enjoyed the opportunity to work at this company!

Interview Questions

• They will definately ask questions that make you think, The most challenging one that I recall was in regards to handling difficult situations in the past and how those situations were handled, it's tough to recall certain experiences on the spot.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Holiday Stationstores (Aurora, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview, with a variety of questions about my work goals, life goals, family life. Also what roles i have played in my past working history. How i handle conflict with customers about policies and procedures, a real what would I do kind of deal to gauge with how I problem solve.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Holiday Stationstores.

Interview

The store manager pretty much just called me up scheduled an interview. I went into the small office and we talked for a while. The interview was pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• She asked what I expected to do as a worker.   3 Answers

Negotiation

No i did not negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Stationstores (Coon Rapids, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

At first it seemed like the manager was interested in getting to know me and wanted to make sure I was interested in the job. All of the questions are the same generic "What would you do in this position?" and "What if you found money on the floor?" It almost seemed as thought they were willing to care. What they don't tell you during the interview is the rate at which people are fired, what it actually expected of you, the workload, the pay, the hours, and what the upper management is like.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked are very basic, very easy to answer. The worst question is when they asked: "An employee is late several days out of the week. What would you do in this situation?" There isn't a right answer if its not "Fire them on the spot."   Answer Question

Negotiation

We would like to offer you the position if you are interested.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holiday Stationstores (Ramsey, MN) in September 2009.

Interview

When I was hired there was only 1 interview I had to go through. Now there are 2. One with a store manager and a second interview with a separate hiring manager at a different location in the district.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warroad, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holiday Stationstores (Warroad, MN) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview was informal and quick. My manager basically just asked me some questions and then asked me when I'd like to start.

Shif Leader Interview

Interview

Interview is conducted by the store manager. you are asked standard questions. They are looking for people who are upbeat and know how to communicate since there is vast amount of customer interaction.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is not happy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is really low usually starts at minimum wage but if you had previous retail experience where you had to deal with customers all the time then you can negotiate up to 9 - 9.50 an hour.