Holland America

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Holland America.

Telephone interview with a great HR Professional who asks more about experience than other useless questions. Very clear with the Company's information. What he says is what you get. No difficult questions, He likes to confront your experience with real cases.

Interview Questions
    • If you are experience there are not difficult questions, Interviewer just want to now about your career and if the profile suits the company's culture and goals.   Answer Question
    Starting salary, HRM Benefits : Single cabin, medical reimbursement for first time, etc.

Direct Reservations/Inbound Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holland America in June 2012.

The hiring process is normal, face to face interview with two sales coaches. They will ask you a series of preset questions. Be personable, have set goals in mind and think money!

No negotiation.

Java Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Holland America in November 2010.

My staffing agency initially set me up for a phone interview (not a phone screen). It was very high level with some very generic questions about process within a Software Development Life Cycle. It was fairly brief (considering it was an interview, not a screen) at 30 minutes.

Holland America expressed interest after the phone interview, and my staffing agency set up an interview with me and their Dev team and their interim Director. Most of the questions designed to gauge my skillset relating to Quality and process were asked by the interim Director. Questions asked by the Dev team members were /slightly/ more technical. No white-boarding required. The interview was highly non-technical -- I gather the interview's primary objective was to check for a culture fit. As the interview ended, I asked if they had any questions they had forgotten/missed, anything they wanted to follow up on from earlier in the interview, or lingering questions regarding any aspect of what my skillset could bring to the company. They had none. The interview was scheduled for 45 minutes but it ran 1.5 hours.

They declined to extend an offer because
    1. they perceived I was too rigid with certain tools and opinions, though I was not questioned about this.
    2. When they asked me to talk about one of my favorite topics, they misinterpreted my enthusiasm as condescending.

The team lacks a permanent Director, though the interim Director seemed fairly sharp. The Development team is fairly "old-fashioned" in their Development techniques: Waterfall, no testing, no process. This role was created to address those issues and they sounded very interested in change, advice, and recommendations. The team members seemed very easy to get a long with, though the interview gave me the perception they might have some interpersonal communication issues.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holland America in March 2010.

I interviewed with 2 people - each was 20 mins long. Basic questions about my resume and background. didn't really have that much to talk about since interview was so brief.

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Holland America in October 2009.

Asked via phone to come in for an interview a few days after applying. Had a one on one with the immediate supervisor for an hour or so. Then another interview with a Controller as a kind of "skills test", though verbal for a computer system! In any event top floor jobs are strict business attire, building is fairly nice, close to the Space Needle and the waterfront (PI building).

Interview Questions
    • Name exact times you used Access/Excel/SQL etc. to make a project/system.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

interviewed at Holland America in February 2009.

The interview process is very long and there was a lot of red tape. The actual interview was great.

Interview Questions
    It was good, they gave me a low offer than what I wanted, but came back and gave me the salary I wanted.