Holland

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

1.9

Inside Sales Interview

typical interview process you need to speak with the supervisor of the department and the VP of sales. Than you have to pass a personality survey to see if your a fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate for this postion

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holland in August 2014.

Applied online through job site. Got a phone call a week later from terminal manager asking a few basic questions off resume and offered an in person interview at the location of the position. Wasn't given any directions of where to go or where to even park at the terminal. Terminal manager had no idea how to even conduct an interview. Interview got interrupted a lot by other employees who never apologized for breaching in. Interview consisted your basic questions "been in trucking industry" "how many people have you managed" "can you handle always changing environment". After interview, terminal manager walked me around the terminal to see the operations for a little bit.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Holland.

Phone Interview with Local Manager. Phone Interview with V.P. of Sales. Face to Face interview with Local Manager and Terminal Manager. They require a Meyer-Briggs Type Indicator test (personality psych test) which upper management finds to be a useful tool in hiring the right candidate. Assertive, aggressive, persuasive persons who are good listeners are their target candidates.

Offer stood.

Company Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Holland.

Initial communication was a phone call. Questions were pretty standard. Requirements at that time were one hundred thousand miles and no accidents over the past five.

Union Scale

City Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Holland.

If you are breathing can pass the dot physical and drug test they will hire you. They have a high turn over rate and can't keep enough people to get the job done timely.

Operations Supervisor Interview

It only took 8 days to get hired!

Interview Questions
    • No out of the ordinary questions, just be confident and you should do well   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Holland.

Long drawn out interview process. Once you get a face to face interview you get an unexperienced interviewer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Office Administrator (Part-Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olive Branch, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olive Branch, MS

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Holland.

Interviewing was pretty simple and straight to the point. I was contacted by HR for an interview with a member of management. Normal traditional questioning. The STAR format was not needed. Interview lasted about 20 to 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the most awkward question was, "Where do you see yourself long term with this company?". As you all should know to never say "I want your job" lol.   Answer Question
    No negotiation Wages was preset according to company.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Holland.

The interview process was extremely quick. I have been through jobs with 5 interviews and rejected, and this place had an offer in writing on the very first interview.

There was no technical assessment, which proved to a mistake for the employer as they got a mismatch of skills. They eventually let me go after just 4 weeks.

If you have the chance to interview with them, make sure YOU interview them so that you don't end up like myself. Our team had a high turnover rate and I attribute it to their interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager and other team member interviewed me and they wanted to know my work history and academic history. They wanted to give me an offer on the first interview so they went ahead and set me up with HR the same day for a STAR-based interview.

A lot of normal STAR questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Answer Question
    They pay enough to make you pretty much say, "not bad". The vacation time is accrued and there is no negotiation the HR department sets that. No 401k matching (company wide policy).

There was a 43 hour mandatory work week that was not made clear during the interview. I would try and run that by them and ask them to clarify and try and negotiate it back down to a 40 hour workweek (citing work/life balance or you have kids or something)

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Holland.

Based off the S.T.A.R. method of interviewing. Pretty simple.