Holland

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

Interviewed at Holland

Interview Details – It only took 8 days to get hired!

Interview Question – No out of the ordinary questions, just be confident and you should do well   Answer Question

Operation Supervisor Interview

Operation Supervisor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Holland in October 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiting agency connected me to USF Holland during a hiring conference and I interviewed with two gentlemen. The following week I did a site visit at a terminal which was then followed up with another interview with a senior level manager a week later. The next week I returned to the original terminal, did a final meeting concerning salary negotiation and benefits. I was hired, asked when I wanted to start, and began the next Monday (my choice).
   I was impressed with the no-nonsense approach that each person within the USF Holland management operated by. They were very professional and let me know ahead of time that it was not an easy job. I quickly realized that they had my back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you failed as a leader.   View Answer
  • What would you do if an employee refused to do what you told him to do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Surprisingly, I asked for $50K and was given $2K more. The benefits were good and it is a stable job. I would warn anyone with thin skin who is considering applying to go somewhere else. The dock workers are a hard working bunch but the union attitude is ridiculous.

Worked for Holland? Contribute to the Community!