Holland Operation Supervisor Interview Questions

2.5

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Holland (Kansas City, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online through job site. Got a phone call a week later from terminal manager asking a few basic questions off resume and offered an in person interview at the location of the position. Wasn't given any directions of where to go or where to even park at the terminal. Terminal manager had no idea how to even conduct an interview. Interview got interrupted a lot by other employees who never apologized for breaching in. Interview consisted your basic questions "been in trucking industry" "how many people have you managed" "can you handle always changing environment". After interview, terminal manager walked me around the terminal to see the operations for a little bit.

Other Interview Reviews for Holland

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

It only took 8 days to get hired!

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary questions, just be confident and you should do well   Answer Question

Operation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Holland in October 2011.

Interview

The recruiting agency connected me to USF Holland during a hiring conference and I interviewed with two gentlemen. The following week I did a site visit at a terminal which was then followed up with another interview with a senior level manager a week later. The next week I returned to the original terminal, did a final meeting concerning salary negotiation and benefits. I was hired, asked when I wanted to start, and began the next Monday (my choice). I was impressed with the no-nonsense approach that each person within the USF Holland management operated by. They were very professional and let me know ahead of time that it was not an easy job. I quickly realized that they had my back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you failed as a leader.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if an employee refused to do what you told him to do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Surprisingly, I asked for $50K and was given $2K more. The benefits were good and it is a stable job. I would warn anyone with thin skin who is considering applying to go somewhere else. The dock workers are a hard working bunch but the union attitude is ridiculous.