Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Holland & KnightMore
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week – interviewed at Holland & Knight (Chicago, IL).
Business manager did not want to interview me. I was making the move with my assigned attorney. When we met, she was in jogging clothing. No testing. We discussed my assigned attorney in a friendly manner - not a "tell me about what you do" type inquiries.
- I wasn't asked anything. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Holland & Knight (Chicago, IL).
It's the first time I have ever asked what the dress code is in an interview. I was met by the Business Manager who was wearing a jogging suit. She laughed at my salary requirements. My salary requirements were based on the differences between where I was and H&K. Although, I will respond "Yes" to the offer question, it was quite the fight - my atty had to get involved because he needed me and I was not about to take a cut in pay.
- No questions, no testing, no anything. If she likes you, you're in; if not, you're not. 1 Answer
A total utter nightmare. She wrote a 2-page memo the powers (copy in my file) making a case for why I should not be hired at my rate. I understand that - but then don't hire me or get over it - don't make my life miserable for the next 9 years.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Holland & Knight (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2011.
Met with three partners and two associates.They take you to lunch, the partners make the decisions, the associates are there to answer questions and make you feel at ease. No trick questions.Very laid back.
- Questions focused on law school experiences and work experiences. Lots of focus on publications, law review, etc. a few questions on hobbies and personal interests. Answer Question
- Declined OfferDeclined Offer
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Holland & Knight.
Very thorough with many stages. stages1, stages2,stages3, stage4
Just be prepared and all will be well
Relax and prepare
- Do you have any question for us Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
i had already got another better offer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review