Hollister Co.

Updated Jan 28, 2015

1.8

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Floor Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Sat in a group interview, pretty simple questions, they wanted it to be a cool easygoing atmosphere. You introduced yourself and were taken to somewhere quieter because the store is very loud. They ask you about what your biggest challenge was and why you wanna work for the company. Wearing HCO or ANF helps.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hollister Co.

Floor Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

As I showed up to my interview, you would just walk into the store and tell any one of the employees you are there for an interview. From there, they will have you seated in the lounge and sign in. It is a group interview so expect others to be there as well. If you're the only one, then it will be just you. The questions are quite simple and easy. Remember they are looking for people with a good personality and someone who likes to communicate with others. Some of the questions I remembered them asking is what is your name, where do you go to school, how do your family/friends/etc describe you, what do you think of when you think of hollister, why do you want to work here, what is hollister trying to promote, how is hollister different from other stores, how will you be successful working here, etc. They're all pretty simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • There are a few questions on diversity and which is the most important. Questions such as what is diversity, what does diversity mean to you, how is diversity important in a work place, will be asked. Don't sweat it just take your time and give it the best you got.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I was recruited to work for Hollister Co while shopping in the store. I had a one on one interview the next day rather than the group interview that occurs on Tuesday and Thursdays. The manager discussed with me what I would be doing in my role as a "model". She asked

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't prepared for the diversity question because I didn't know Hollister was interested in diversifying their brand.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

I had heard Hollister was always hiring new people so I was interested in a part time job. I called the store on how to apply and they gave me the link to go to and the password I needed to log in. I filled out an application online and was told to set up and interview date. I picked the date and had a group interview.

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co. in January 2015.

I went in and asked to apply, they got the manager. He gave me a page explaining what website I had to go on and apply. Applying was easy. Then I picked out a interview date. I went in for an interview on the Friday it asked me to I came in and told I was there for an Interview they had me wait for like 20 minutes then the manager came and interviewed me and the interview was pretty basic questions only took me like 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are pretty basic. Just remember what diversity means and why it's important in the work place.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Before having an interview you need to go to the store and ask if they are hiring.
    Before the interview you'll go in tell an associate and then you'll sit in a lounge or chair in the store.
    During the interview be yourself but say things that make you more applicable for the job.
    Don't be so nervous and you DO NOT NEED TO BRING A RESUME.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation it's minimum wage

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Asked mostly about diversity I guess because of their lawsuit regarding it. Their question was why is diversity important in the workplace? Also asked is I worked well in a team setting, what techniques would I use to please an unhappy customer, what is unique about me, etc

Floor Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

They called me out as I passed by one day. As a desperate college student, I filled out the application online and was scheduled for a group interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me really casual questions that seemed really left-field for a professional position. But it's hollister, so topics on "what's cool?" seems...acceptable for the culture.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Employee mill. They are expected to hire x amount of employees per period. It doesn't matter about you.

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2014.

Applied online and got there at 3:30PM, even though the application said 4pm [I called and the gal said that they have open auditions every Tuesday and Friday at 4pm, so even if the application said to pick a day and I picked Friday, I could come on a Tuesday if I wanted to, which I thought was cool].

I had never been in this store before [my neighbor had given me some of their clothing, which I liked, but I'd never been there before myself] so I was kind of surprised to realize that the store was the dark, weird looking one that i had never dared to go into at my mall before. It had little sofa chairs outside and fake palm trees and looked like dark restaurant, so I had never been obliged to go in there before. But I figured hey its a job, and walked into the dimly-lit store. I looked around to survey the store since I was a half hour early. I liked that even though the store felt small, it had a lot of inventory, their main product seeming to be jeans. Although it did feel a bit cramped sometimes when trying to get passed customers and on to a different area of the store.

After looking around a bit I went up to the cashier and told him that I was there for an interview [by the way, he didn't look all that chipper] and he told me to just hang out and wait, and he'd let the manager know I was there. So I "hung out" some more by looking through their clothing.

While I was "hanging out" I noticed another girl ask an employee about the interview [so I knew for sure it would be a group one] and she was also told to hang around. I ended up talking to her while we both waited, which calmed my nerves a bit.

We waited by the cash register area, to look obvious just in case they forgot about us. It was already 4:10pm and nothing yet. Finally a lady bagging something said "Are you guys here for the interview?" and we said yes, and she had us sign in on a paper, and she led us over to the other side of the store where 5 other people were also waiting. We introduced ourselves to each other and talked/laughed for about 3 minutes before the lady [who I deduced was the manager] led us outside the store and over to a sitting area to conduct the interview.

There were six of us: 3 girls and 3 guys. There was a good range of nationalities among us. Two were African American and two were Hispanic-looking, and another one like me seemed to be anything really [I have many different nationalities in me]. I mention all this because people seem to think Hollister has a problem with hiring diverse people.

The manager herself looked Hispanic, and although she seemed to have a more serious attitude, she was amiable. We all sat down around a table, and she had a packet of paper with her. She introduced herself and said that she was going to read something off the paper [like an introduction or whatever, I don't remember] and then we were going to go around the table and introduce ourselves, and name one fun-fact about ourselves.

After doing so [which I found all the people in my interview to be fun-loving, nice, but mature, at least 5 of them seemed so], and then she asked us three questions which we all went around the table to answer while she took notes. Sometimes we had to feed off of each others answers, but that was fine [for at least 4 of us, the other 2 had trouble elaborating it seemed].

I was able to think through my answers and I didn't feel rushed at all.

My interview was on a Friday, and the following Thursday I got a call asking if I would like the model position. I accepted. The next day I came in to "sign papers" [it was all on the computer] and watch an orientation video in the back room. Then the manager explained scheduling [which took a while because she explained it confusingly but then another employee explained it for me and I finally understood lol]. Then I looked through the style guide [its to show associates what to wear or the theme of the season] I started in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They weren't difficult questions. Just why i think I'd be successful there, the importance of diversity in a store setting, and another question that I don't remember.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage is fine for me anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2014.

I was accepted for a group interview a few weeks back. I was the only person who delivered smart and fun answers. The other girls were lost. I didn't get a call back but it's okay :)