Hollister Co. Floor Model Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

1.8

95 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Once you apply online, you have one interview (which is a group interview) to make the cut. Just be happy and professional. Don't call the store to follow up after the interview!

Interview Questions
I didn't negotiate. It was my first job.

Other Interview Reviews for Hollister Co.

Floor Model Interview

Went in and asked for a job application. Assistant manager gave me a piece of paper with the website and password to apply at home, she also had me write down my name and phone number. At the end of the application they ask for a date/time you want to come in to interview. (They interview everyone who applies). I chose the next day which was a Friday. Went in, at 4:30 that Friday and a different AM told me that the manager who does the interviews wasn't in that day, and asked if I could come in the following Tuesday. She was really apologetic, though. I'm thinking my application wasn't processed in time so the hiring manager didn't know she had an interview to do? Anyways, went in Tuesday expecting a group interview but ended up just interviewing one-on-one with the manager who had just come from a group interview with three other people. She told me she'd call within the week if I got the job. The following Thursday I hadn't heard still so I called the store and asked her what the status of my application was and she said she didn't think I was "on the list" but she'd check. The next Monday I get a call from her saying they were "impressed" with my interview and offered me the job. She explained that there was a miscommunication with management and that's why I wasn't called earlier.

Interview Questions
    • How would friends and family describe you and give examples.
      What image do you think Hollister wants to portray to its customers? (Or something of that sort)
        Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Manager went around asking the same question to everyone in the group, one at a time. taking turns who went first with each new question. I highly recommend wearing hollister and in the style the workers are wearing. Do not go in business attire. keep the make up to a minimum. And yes its okay to wear hollister flip flops.

Interview Questions
    • about four questions. asked what is diversity and why its important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Really simple, it was with other kids so it wasnt supper embarassing. Plus your in a crowded area so it doesnt seem that awkward. It lasted about 5 minutes. Just look pretty and answer the questions as best you can. You should get the job no problem.

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co..

You can go into the store and ask for a job, and they will usually tell you they are always hiring. You will be directed to a screen on the side-- prepare at least 15 minutes to fill out the application, and bring your SSN with you and know what hours you want to work! They will then call you for an interview which will be conducted by a store manager in the store. I was contacted about a week later by phone about orientation for my new job. The people they hire are based majorly on their appearance though, and most of the time, the managers know if they want to hire you already before you even begin your interview based on your looks only.

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollister Co..

We all arrived early and sat in the little lounge area until the manager came and took us the food court. We then sat in a circle and answered questions. The goal of the interview is to make sure you have people skills - there is no "right" answer, just make sure you show your personality and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal what would you be?   View Answer
    • How would you describe the Hollister style, in three words?   View Answer

Floor Model Interview

Group interview that ask the same questions about diversity and the typical question "describe a time..."

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co..

They can and stopped me in the mall one day and asked me to fill out a job app. I did. Then i few weeks later they give me a group interview. The interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you? What do you think the culture is here?   Answer Question
    min. wage.

Floor Model Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co..

You can apply either in the store or online. They will schedule to come for a group interview with about 4 other people. They ask questions about what are interests and hobbies are and a few questions about how we would handle certain customer service situations. If they like your personality, but mostly fit you fit the Hollister "look", they will hire you and schedule you for a group orientation. During the orientation they will tell you all the rules that they have regarding maintaing your appearance in order to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in December 2013.

I went through the interview process by apply in the stores and it asked me what time I wanted to have the interview. I took a resume with me to stand out from the other participants. A couple of days later I had a interview with a group of other applicants and they asked us the same questions. I was kind of intense because you were put on the spot. But be yourself and smile and it should be great.

Interview Questions
    • Whats your definition of diversity?   View Answer
    • How is our brand different from any of the other clothing brands?   View Answer

Worked for Hollister Co.? Contribute to the Community!