Hollister Co.

Average Difficulty
94 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Floor Model

Interviewed at Hollister Co.

Interview Details – Went in and asked for a job application. Assistant manager gave me a piece of paper with the website and password to apply at home, she also had me write down my name and phone number. At the end of the application they ask for a date/time you want to come in to interview. (They interview everyone who applies). I chose the next day which was a Friday. Went in, at 4:30 that Friday and a different AM told me that the manager who does the interviews wasn't in that day, and asked if I could come in the following Tuesday. She was really apologetic, though. I'm thinking my application wasn't processed in time so the hiring manager didn't know she had an interview to do? Anyways, went in Tuesday expecting a group interview but ended up just interviewing one-on-one with the manager who had just come from a group interview with three other people. She told me she'd call within the week if I got the job. The following Thursday I hadn't heard still so I called the store and asked her what the status of my application was and she said she didn't think I was "on the list" but she'd check. The next Monday I get a call from her saying they were "impressed" with my interview and offered me the job. She explained that there was a miscommunication with management and that's why I wasn't called earlier.

Interview Question – How would friends and family describe you and give examples.
What image do you think Hollister wants to portray to its customers? (Or something of that sort)
  Answer Question

Floor Model

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Basically the only way you'll get asked to do an interview is if the manager personally asks you to fill out an application, otherwise they just ignore it. Once you get to the interview it will be group format with about 2-4 other applicants. Its very laid and almost like a simple conversation. Wear jeans that are Hollister or look like it and a shirt thats from there. They want to see you in the look before they hire you. I was asked about 4 questions and then the manager hired everyone in the group which they usually do.

Interview Question – There was no hard questions just basic group icebreaker questions. I guess if you had to pick one, "What does Hollister portray to you?" which all you have to say is "Fun, young, exciting, beach, California, etc." and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Floor Model

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details – Manager went around asking the same question to everyone in the group, one at a time. taking turns who went first with each new question. I highly recommend wearing hollister and in the style the workers are wearing. Do not go in business attire. keep the make up to a minimum. And yes its okay to wear hollister flip flops.

Interview Question – about four questions. asked what is diversity and why its important.   Answer Question

Wauwatosa, WI

I interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2011.

Interview Details – One group interview. Then had a second interview. I was recruited through a friend that worked there at the time. When I arrived for the first interview there were 4 or 5 other people that looked like they just walked out of a catalogue sitting around in the food court. One by one we were called after getting to know everyone if you will… Then when you got called to talk one by one that was your 2nd interview

Interview Question – No, basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What do you like about Hollister? What kind of skills would you offer if you worked here?   Answer Question

Binghamton, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was a laid back group interview with everyone who applied for a job and wanted that time for the interview. They ask a few questions about who you are and what you are like to get to know you since you don't really need any prerequisites to get the job and then send you on your way.

Interview Question – What is diversity?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Scheduling conflicted with school

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details – Really simple, it was with other kids so it wasnt supper embarassing. Plus your in a crowded area so it doesnt seem that awkward. It lasted about 5 minutes. Just look pretty and answer the questions as best you can. You should get the job no problem.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Floor Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details – You can go into the store and ask for a job, and they will usually tell you they are always hiring. You will be directed to a screen on the side-- prepare at least 15 minutes to fill out the application, and bring your SSN with you and know what hours you want to work! They will then call you for an interview which will be conducted by a store manager in the store. I was contacted about a week later by phone about orientation for my new job. The people they hire are based majorly on their appearance though, and most of the time, the managers know if they want to hire you already before you even begin your interview based on your looks only.

Interview Question – Something about diversity in the workplace   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2011.

Interview Details – Basic Interview and quick response time. Acceptance is mostly based on looks.

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited in the store. There were 4 other people in my group interview, one of whom was my best friend, so I felt more at ease than most other applicants. It's definitely a bonus to convey an appreciation and passion for the brand and style. They'll definitely want to know how you perceive Hollister as well.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't really a negotiation phase.

Floor Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details – We all arrived early and sat in the little lounge area until the manager came and took us the food court. We then sat in a circle and answered questions. The goal of the interview is to make sure you have people skills - there is no "right" answer, just make sure you show your personality and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you be?   View Answer
  • How would you describe the Hollister style, in three words?   View Answer

Worked for Hollister Co.? Contribute to the Community!