Hollister Co.

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

1.9

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

It was a group interview. It was me (a girl), three other girls and one guy. We were interviewed by the assistant manager and then taken outside of the store. We all stood in the circle an she questioned us one by one. Try to be the second person to answer the question that way you have time to think about your answer and you won't have to worry too much about someone taking your answer.

Interview Questions
  • Why is it important to have people of different backgrounds in the same workplace, school, etc.   View Answer
  • Name a time when you had to complete a task or goal and describe how you managed to complete that task   Answer Question
  • Describe the last time you were put under stress and how did you deal with that stress   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to work with another person. Describe the experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hollister Co.

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

Fairly easy; one interview day and time per week; brought into a room with 3 other applicants; asked many questions referring to previous teamwork experience and diversity; took about 30 minutes; they call within a week if you're hired; no call if not hired; didn't hire me because they told my friend they were overstaffed... why hold interviews then?

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you had to implicate diversity in something you had to work on. What does diversity mean to you? Recall a time you had to work with someone who wasn't on the same page as you; what did you do to get them on the same page or complete the task successfully?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hollister Co..

First I got a call from the store manager who asked if I could come in for an interview. When I arrived, there were about five or six other people and the manager continued with a casual group interview where we all stood around in a circle outside of the store

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Short, about 30 minutes for a group interview. I was still in high school at the time and the others that were in the group were too or just graduating. Very relaxed, some actually wore Hollister jeans with a nice top to "look" the part, definitely don't wear black. Hollister likes their girls to look naturally pretty and guys to look like they just came off the beach with ripped jeans, flannels and flip flops. It's all about "the look". I worked there for 2 years. I was offered a model position but chose impact, then I switched to model after a few months. The environment is very chill and laid back, I would recommend this job for someone who is looking for a part time while still in school. They definitely do not give raises unless your work (folding, cashier, shipment) is great. I started at minimum wage at the time since it was my first retail job. But I definitely enjoyed it and the people I worked with because everyone was young even the managers. Sometimes it would be hard to close when the store was a complete mess because you have to make it perfectly neat for the next morning. There was a standard to how the store and clothes were supposed to look.

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

Went to the store I applied at about 10-15 minutes before actual interview. Told one of the employees I was there for an interview, and they said to wait at the front of the store where the chairs were. Waited about another 15 minutes for the general manager to come out. It was a group interview, and she brought us out to hold it. It was pretty fast and basic. Asked us questions, then we had the opportunity to ask questions if we had any. Said we'd get a call within a week to see if we got the job and that was basically it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to successfully work with another individual.   Answer Question

No guaranteed weekly schedule.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I applied online and set up an interview date. When i got to the interview arrived 10 minutes before the time i was supposed to be there. When i got there, there was a girl waiting already to be also interviewed. I went to cash register and said i was there for an interview, the guy there introduced me to the manager and told her i was there for the interview. The manager then told me and the other girl there waiting to sit in this area where the changing rooms were and she said that we would wait a few more minutes and see if anyone else would show up.

I started talking to the girl there introduced my self and just made small talk, that really helped a lot because while we were being interviewed it was not that awkward talking in from of everybody. After like 3 minutes later another girl also arrived and like 5 minutes later another guy also arrived. The manager then came to talk to us and asked us what position we were applying for I said i was applying for Impact the other three were applying for Models. The manager then told us to write down our names and phone numbers in a pice of paper. After that the manager took us to the food court in the mall she said because the music was to loud inside the Hollister store for us to do the interview there.

When we arrived at the food court we noticed that she had two other guys with her she said the were also managers at Hollister and that they were both going to sit with us and listen to the interviews (for me that was weird because out of all of the reviews i read before that never happened before). The manager started by introducing herself by saying where she was from, and what was here major in college and where she lived before and all that. After that she made all four of us introduce ourselves she gave us the example like (say your names, what do you like to do for fun, and why do you like Hollister?) she asked the guy next to her first and made us all go around. The first question she asked said was for all of us as impact and models ( she asked why is it important for our company to be able to reach people with different genders, races, religion etc. and why was it important for our company?. )"This was the diversity question that everyone talks about but this time she worded out different than just asking what was diversity was like i expected her to do".After that she said she was going to ask different question for the models and for me as impact. The question that she asked was for models only (how would your friends and family describe you) and for me as an impact she asked was (Name one time you worked well with a partner?). After that she once again asked a questions for the models applicants (Whats your best quality?) and then she asked me as an impact (Name one time you had a limited of time to finish something and you had to give 100%). The last question she asked for the models was (describe Hollister style in three words) and the last question she asked me as an impact was (describe a time when you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it and made them calm down?).

After that she said the questions were done and that she was now going to tell us the look policy she went over with the girls that they are not allowed to wear make up and if they did to wear just all natural looking and no piercings, no lip gloss and that for the guys no facial hair and since the other guy who was there for the interview had a design in his head she said that was not acceptable and also said that if we end up getting hired we would get triple A's which pretty much is a package telling what to wear during the seasons and also she told us is not necessary for us to wear Hollister but it is required to wear clothes that looks like Hollister and also that if is not Hollister to make sure it didn't show any logos of other brands at all. At last she just said that if we do end up getting hired she would call us between a week or two and if we don't get a call after that time it means we didn't get the job but that we were welcome to apply for another position for example if you applied to be a model you can apply to be and impact and if you applied to be an impact then you are able to apply to be a model. After that she just said good luck to everyone and it was nice to meet us and the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • i would say there is anything difficult the whole interview is really easy just relax and good luck!   View Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

On 5th age you apply on line and you pick an interview date. It's a group interview with atleast 3 other people. They may ask you to come back to interview for another position

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

There was 4 other people in the interview. It depends on how many people applied. I went in & we all waited for about 15 minutes inside then the manager came & took us outside the store& made us stand in a circle. It doesn't depend on who answers first. He asked one person to pick 1 out of the 2 questions then everyone got the same question. Then he flipped the page& did the same thing but to another person. He picks who goes first& he mixed it up. Its bad to go last cause other people might take your answer but good because you have time to think about the question& give a better response then the other people. I was expecting a question about diversity& why I want to work there but I got nothing. I went in the store after the interview was done &one of the workers asked me if I smiled a lot because that's what he really cares about. And that you have a positive attitude& seem outgoing. I think the other people had better answers because they were in school clubs and all that& they had a lot of stories to tell.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to complete a task in a certain amount of time.

Give me a situation when you were in a stressful situation that you solved.

View Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I was asked in store to work there, gave them my info and left. 3 weeks later I still hadn't hear so I called in and they said the manager messed up and didn't give me some information. They gave me a website and I was called for an interview within a couple days. I went in for the interview 5 minutes early and was told that the manager was on break. I literally sat there for 30 minutes. Finally I got my interview and it was done in less than 10 minutes. I thought it was going to be a group interview but it was just me. I was called within a week and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to work hard to complete something on a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2014.

I called the location I wanted to work at and the manager gave me the password needed to access the online application. Towards the end of your application, they have a few interview dates and times for you to pick from so you automatically get an interview. They don't call or email you as a reminder. My outfit was a cardigan, tank top, and distressed jeans all from Hollister, along with some flip flops. I arrived about 10 mins before my scheduled interview and they told me to hang around until the other people showed up for our group interview. It was me, a girl, two other girls and one boy. The manager asked us why diversity is important and told us to give an example of where you can find it. She also asked us what we did in a situation where we had to complete at task in short amount of time and it had to be completely accurate. I had already read interview reviews on Glassdoor so my answers were already embedded in my mind. Towards the end, I asked what an Impact team member actually does and how we could move into the model position. Don't get discouraged if you don't think you'll be hired based on looks. I'm black and the manager looked to be of Indian descent. I got a call a little over a week later saying I got the job. Definitely smile, make eye contact and try to get a couple extra words or questions in to leave a mark.