Hollister Co. Impact Team Member Interview Questions

2.0

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2014.

I actually applied for the model position, but was offered the impact. It was a group interview, with six people. Since it was a busy day at the store, the two managers split us into two groups, so they could speed up the process. They ask everyone the same questions that they read directly off a paper, and everyone is required to give an answer, so by splitting us up it was faster.

Out of the six of us, the two guys in the group ended up going to the same school, and actually started talking about a football game during the interview. Two of the girls came with obvious makeup on, and Hollister is looking for a natural look, sooo... I think they might have just picked me because everyone else did crappy haha. I'm a bigger girl (180 lbs), and everyone there was at least 20-30 lbs lighter, so that was my biggest worry. Probably why they offered me the impact position instead.

The main thing I worried about was how to dress. This was actually my third time applying at the same store in about two years, and they never took me any other times, even though my answers were the same. After going on YouTube and asking friends who've worked there, I realized it was because I wasn't dressed right. My first time, I wore a bright green shirt with "Hollister" on it in big letters. Lol, too obvious. The second time, my hair was up in a tight bun, and they want it down and loose. Hollister wants not just someone who buys their stuff, but someone who embodies their overall look. You don't even have to wear their stuff specifically, so don't worry about going shopping just for the interview. Just wear clothes that LOOK like their brand, and make sure no brands or logos from other companies are showing.

The main colors to wear are grey, white, and navy.

Interview Questions
  • What does diversity mean to you, and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question
They REALLY emphasized that I was seasonal, and that there was no guarantee of me continuing to work there come January. So this will probably just be a job for some Christmas shopping funds.

Other Interview Reviews for Hollister Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

The hollister interview overall went well. The managers were friendly & very promt. I scheduled my interview for 4pm on a tuesday .. & the manager began at probably around 4:07p.m. I interviewed with 4 other applicants (3 girls applied to be models & one guy applied for impact along with me) .. my first thought was . . I was the best one at the interview because they ALL wore black. Major no. No. & My cousin used to be a manager so she coached me & styled me .. but.. anyway they were all very quiet & didnt give great answers.. although, I thought they did just as well as well As the manager may've thought I did. The interview was about 15 minutes long. He asked a few questions like, "whats your favorite band or artist" "Name a time you had a deadline to meet & explain the outcome" "name a time you went out of your way to help someone" etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co. in July 2014.

I went online to the website and applied. Everybody who applies gets an interview. You pick your day and time, and show up. It isn't necessary to bring a resume or anything. Just wear something that is similar to hollister (I wore a white hco baby doll + dark cuffed American eagle jeans + a very thin, light brown urban outfitters cardigan). MAKE SURE TO NOT WEAR BOLD MAKEUP OR ANY FACIAL PIERCINGS. Once I got to the store, the cashier told me to wait on the porch with the others. Beware and prepared since it is a group interview. We had the interview in the front corner of the store. They should. All within a week. I just had mine yesterday so I will be waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Before interview:
      Tell me about yourself, your hobbies, and why you want to work here?
      Interview:
      What does diversity mean to you and is it important in a work place?
      Give examples on how you've been a leader?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2014.

I signed up online and chose an interview date. When I went to the interview I dressed in a Hollister shirt, dark jeans, and toms. There were five other people in the group interview and they were all being interviewed for impact. We waited for a good 15 to 20 minutes for the manager to come and talk to us. She took us out of the store and into the food court underneath a loud television so make sure that no matter where you are you project your voice. She asked for us to give a little introduction about ourselves; the diversity question and it's importance in the workplace, to recall a time when you had a little bit of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in, and a time when you had to overcome a struggle. Waited a week and I didn't hear anything from them but it was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time when you had a small amount of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in.   View Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co. in April 2014.

Walked in and asked if they were hiring, the associate brought out the manager who was extremely friendly and gave me a little background of the position they were hiring for (impact), and handed me the paper with the passcode to apply online. He mentioned they were understaffed so I went ahead and filled out the app online and scheduled an interview for the next Tuesday at 4pm.

I looked up the questions they might ask and what to wear. This is recommended, but not required in my opinion. The questions for the impact position are pretty simple, (i.e. Tell me a time where you had to complete a task in a certain amount of time and it had to be 100% accurate?) Wearing Hollister isn't required but they do mention that since they don't advertise their product, they use their employees to display the brand, so wearing Hollister or something of similar style will definitely help. Dress very casual; I wore jeans, a loose knit crop, and white converse and had my hair in a loose braid. (I did wear all Hollister) Be completely yourself. Don't try to sound too rehearsed or professional; the interviews are very laid back and it's just like having a casual conversation with a friend. It IS a group interview, depending on who else and how many other people are scheduled for that date. I arrived about 15-20 minutes early, and just let one of the workers know I was there for an interview and they had me sit in the lobby and wait for the manager. I was only with one other girl that day, but I have read there can be up to 10 people in one interview. No matter how many people there are, make your answers unique. If you have to go last, build off of other's answers, but do not copy their answers completely. Add your own input. They started off with the most expected question: "What is diversity and why do you think it's important in the workplace? If not, why?" Try and prepare this a little before the interview, because 9 times out of 10 your answer will closely resemble someone else's, and this is the most important question they ask. Stand out. Don't seem too uptight; smile a lot and be personable and friendly with the one interviewing you. Make them remember you, and you will definitely get the job. Afterwards, (the interview is really only about 4-5 questions) the manager will go over the "Look Policy" and the hiring process. If you get a call within a week, you got it. If not, they encourage you to try and apply for another position. They ask if you have any questions, and this is your chance to be remembered. Ask anything; I asked about the impact position and what exactly their duties were. The interview is honestly no longer than 15 minutes. It's not a big deal at all! Relax, try and be prepared, and you'll do fine.

I got a call exactly a week later asking me to come in at my convenience to fill out the paperwork. :)

Interview Questions
    • Do you think your coworkers or peers would see you as dependable, or someone they can rely on? Why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in March 2014.

I talked to the manager and he gave me a card to come in either Tuesday or Thursday. I came in the next Tuesday, and got there ten minutes early for the group interview; however, no one else showed up so it was just me. Additionally, my interview was fifteen minutes late, I don't know why. Also the interview took place right outside the store, I didn't even get to sit down. He asked five straight forward questions, and diversity was one of them. The interview was like 5-10 minutes, it was fast. I was pretty nervous, but I thought for sure I didn't get the job. But I got a call six days later, and I got it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in March 2014.

As I checked in for my interview, I was told to take a seat in the "lounge" area, where I waited for 30 minutes. Typically these are group interviews, however, I was the only candidate scheduled for this time, so it was only me being interviewed. The questions were typical interview questions (leadership skills, communication skills, what the company means to you) and at the end the hiring manager went over the dress code for employment.

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you and how does it apply in the work place?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in March 2014.

After applying online I was given the option to choose an interview date. The interview was fairly simple, just a few questions. It was also a gang interview, seven of us showed up.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

Very casual. Did it at the food court and did not feel very pressured. Asked questions mostly to learn your personality and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to resolve a problem among a group.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I went into the store and asked one of the managers if she was hiring for summer help. I filled out an application that day in the store and she set up an in-person interview a few days later. The in-person interview was actually a group interview held outside the store. A week later, the manager called and said I got the job.