Hollister Co.

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.0

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Impact Team Member Interview

On 5th age you apply on line and you pick an interview date. It's a group interview with atleast 3 other people. They may ask you to come back to interview for another position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hollister Co.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

There was 4 other people in the interview. It depends on how many people applied. I went in & we all waited for about 15 minutes inside then the manager came & took us outside the store& made us stand in a circle. It doesn't depend on who answers first. He asked one person to pick 1 out of the 2 questions then everyone got the same question. Then he flipped the page& did the same thing but to another person. He picks who goes first& he mixed it up. Its bad to go last cause other people might take your answer but good because you have time to think about the question& give a better response then the other people. I was expecting a question about diversity& why I want to work there but I got nothing. I went in the store after the interview was done &one of the workers asked me if I smiled a lot because that's what he really cares about. And that you have a positive attitude& seem outgoing. I think the other people had better answers because they were in school clubs and all that& they had a lot of stories to tell.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to complete a task in a certain amount of time.

Give me a situation when you were in a stressful situation that you solved.

View Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I was asked in store to work there, gave them my info and left. 3 weeks later I still hadn't hear so I called in and they said the manager messed up and didn't give me some information. They gave me a website and I was called for an interview within a couple days. I went in for the interview 5 minutes early and was told that the manager was on break. I literally sat there for 30 minutes. Finally I got my interview and it was done in less than 10 minutes. I thought it was going to be a group interview but it was just me. I was called within a week and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to work hard to complete something on a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2014.

I called the location I wanted to work at and the manager gave me the password needed to access the online application. Towards the end of your application, they have a few interview dates and times for you to pick from so you automatically get an interview. They don't call or email you as a reminder. My outfit was a cardigan, tank top, and distressed jeans all from Hollister, along with some flip flops. I arrived about 10 mins before my scheduled interview and they told me to hang around until the other people showed up for our group interview. It was me, a girl, two other girls and one boy. The manager asked us why diversity is important and told us to give an example of where you can find it. She also asked us what we did in a situation where we had to complete at task in short amount of time and it had to be completely accurate. I had already read interview reviews on Glassdoor so my answers were already embedded in my mind. Towards the end, I asked what an Impact team member actually does and how we could move into the model position. Don't get discouraged if you don't think you'll be hired based on looks. I'm black and the manager looked to be of Indian descent. I got a call a little over a week later saying I got the job. Definitely smile, make eye contact and try to get a couple extra words or questions in to leave a mark.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2014.

I applied online. I was told the impact interviews were held on Tuesdays at the store. So the day of I came early. While waiting I talked with the other people who were also there for the interview. It was a group interview. Questions revolved around experiences in life and how we handle stressful situations. One week later I got offered the job & gladly accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2014.

I actually applied for the model position, but was offered the impact. It was a group interview, with six people. Since it was a busy day at the store, the two managers split us into two groups, so they could speed up the process. They ask everyone the same questions that they read directly off a paper, and everyone is required to give an answer, so by splitting us up it was faster.

Out of the six of us, the two guys in the group ended up going to the same school, and actually started talking about a football game during the interview. Two of the girls came with obvious makeup on, and Hollister is looking for a natural look, sooo... I think they might have just picked me because everyone else did crappy haha. I'm a bigger girl (180 lbs), and everyone there was at least 20-30 lbs lighter, so that was my biggest worry. Probably why they offered me the impact position instead.

The main thing I worried about was how to dress. This was actually my third time applying at the same store in about two years, and they never took me any other times, even though my answers were the same. After going on YouTube and asking friends who've worked there, I realized it was because I wasn't dressed right. My first time, I wore a bright green shirt with "Hollister" on it in big letters. Lol, too obvious. The second time, my hair was up in a tight bun, and they want it down and loose. Hollister wants not just someone who buys their stuff, but someone who embodies their overall look. You don't even have to wear their stuff specifically, so don't worry about going shopping just for the interview. Just wear clothes that LOOK like their brand, and make sure no brands or logos from other companies are showing.

The main colors to wear are grey, white, and navy.

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you, and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question
    They REALLY emphasized that I was seasonal, and that there was no guarantee of me continuing to work there come January. So this will probably just be a job for some Christmas shopping funds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

The hollister interview overall went well. The managers were friendly & very promt. I scheduled my interview for 4pm on a tuesday .. & the manager began at probably around 4:07p.m. I interviewed with 4 other applicants (3 girls applied to be models & one guy applied for impact along with me) .. my first thought was . . I was the best one at the interview because they ALL wore black. Major no. No. & My cousin used to be a manager so she coached me & styled me .. but.. anyway they were all very quiet & didnt give great answers.. although, I thought they did just as well as well As the manager may've thought I did. The interview was about 15 minutes long. He asked a few questions like, "whats your favorite band or artist" "Name a time you had a deadline to meet & explain the outcome" "name a time you went out of your way to help someone" etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co. in July 2014.

I went online to the website and applied. Everybody who applies gets an interview. You pick your day and time, and show up. It isn't necessary to bring a resume or anything. Just wear something that is similar to hollister (I wore a white hco baby doll + dark cuffed American eagle jeans + a very thin, light brown urban outfitters cardigan). MAKE SURE TO NOT WEAR BOLD MAKEUP OR ANY FACIAL PIERCINGS. Once I got to the store, the cashier told me to wait on the porch with the others. Beware and prepared since it is a group interview. We had the interview in the front corner of the store. They should. All within a week. I just had mine yesterday so I will be waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Before interview:
      Tell me about yourself, your hobbies, and why you want to work here?
      Interview:
      What does diversity mean to you and is it important in a work place?
      Give examples on how you've been a leader?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2014.

I signed up online and chose an interview date. When I went to the interview I dressed in a Hollister shirt, dark jeans, and toms. There were five other people in the group interview and they were all being interviewed for impact. We waited for a good 15 to 20 minutes for the manager to come and talk to us. She took us out of the store and into the food court underneath a loud television so make sure that no matter where you are you project your voice. She asked for us to give a little introduction about ourselves; the diversity question and it's importance in the workplace, to recall a time when you had a little bit of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in, and a time when you had to overcome a struggle. Waited a week and I didn't hear anything from them but it was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time when you had a small amount of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in.   View Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co. in April 2014.

Walked in and asked if they were hiring, the associate brought out the manager who was extremely friendly and gave me a little background of the position they were hiring for (impact), and handed me the paper with the passcode to apply online. He mentioned they were understaffed so I went ahead and filled out the app online and scheduled an interview for the next Tuesday at 4pm.

I looked up the questions they might ask and what to wear. This is recommended, but not required in my opinion. The questions for the impact position are pretty simple, (i.e. Tell me a time where you had to complete a task in a certain amount of time and it had to be 100% accurate?) Wearing Hollister isn't required but they do mention that since they don't advertise their product, they use their employees to display the brand, so wearing Hollister or something of similar style will definitely help. Dress very casual; I wore jeans, a loose knit crop, and white converse and had my hair in a loose braid. (I did wear all Hollister) Be completely yourself. Don't try to sound too rehearsed or professional; the interviews are very laid back and it's just like having a casual conversation with a friend. It IS a group interview, depending on who else and how many other people are scheduled for that date. I arrived about 15-20 minutes early, and just let one of the workers know I was there for an interview and they had me sit in the lobby and wait for the manager. I was only with one other girl that day, but I have read there can be up to 10 people in one interview. No matter how many people there are, make your answers unique. If you have to go last, build off of other's answers, but do not copy their answers completely. Add your own input. They started off with the most expected question: "What is diversity and why do you think it's important in the workplace? If not, why?" Try and prepare this a little before the interview, because 9 times out of 10 your answer will closely resemble someone else's, and this is the most important question they ask. Stand out. Don't seem too uptight; smile a lot and be personable and friendly with the one interviewing you. Make them remember you, and you will definitely get the job. Afterwards, (the interview is really only about 4-5 questions) the manager will go over the "Look Policy" and the hiring process. If you get a call within a week, you got it. If not, they encourage you to try and apply for another position. They ask if you have any questions, and this is your chance to be remembered. Ask anything; I asked about the impact position and what exactly their duties were. The interview is honestly no longer than 15 minutes. It's not a big deal at all! Relax, try and be prepared, and you'll do fine.

I got a call exactly a week later asking me to come in at my convenience to fill out the paperwork. :)

Interview Questions
    • Do you think your coworkers or peers would see you as dependable, or someone they can rely on? Why?   View Answer