Hollister Co. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

1.9

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Process took 1 week. I filled out an online application and picked a day to come in for a group interview. The interview was me and four other girls. I wore jeans, a hollister tank, hollister cardigan and flip flops. Dress how you would if you worked there. They wanna see that you're laid back and chill but also friendly and outgoing. Don't act nervous just be calm and normal and smile a lot. Super easy interview with only like three questions. They ask you to talk about yourself, explain a time when you had to work in a group and someone was being difficult and what you did to resolve the issue. I got a call exactly a week later offering me the model position.

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you and is it important in the work place?   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Before having an interview you need to go to the store and ask if they are hiring.
    Before the interview you'll go in tell an associate and then you'll sit in a lounge or chair in the store.
    During the interview be yourself but say things that make you more applicable for the job.
    Don't be so nervous and you DO NOT NEED TO BRING A RESUME.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation it's minimum wage

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Asked mostly about diversity I guess because of their lawsuit regarding it. Their question was why is diversity important in the workplace? Also asked is I worked well in a team setting, what techniques would I use to please an unhappy customer, what is unique about me, etc

Floor Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

They called me out as I passed by one day. As a desperate college student, I filled out the application online and was scheduled for a group interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me really casual questions that seemed really left-field for a professional position. But it's hollister, so topics on "what's cool?" seems...acceptable for the culture.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Employee mill. They are expected to hire x amount of employees per period. It doesn't matter about you.

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2014.

I actually applied for the model position, but was offered the impact. It was a group interview, with six people. Since it was a busy day at the store, the two managers split us into two groups, so they could speed up the process. They ask everyone the same questions that they read directly off a paper, and everyone is required to give an answer, so by splitting us up it was faster.

Out of the six of us, the two guys in the group ended up going to the same school, and actually started talking about a football game during the interview. Two of the girls came with obvious makeup on, and Hollister is looking for a natural look, sooo... I think they might have just picked me because everyone else did crappy haha. I'm a bigger girl (180 lbs), and everyone there was at least 20-30 lbs lighter, so that was my biggest worry. Probably why they offered me the impact position instead.

The main thing I worried about was how to dress. This was actually my third time applying at the same store in about two years, and they never took me any other times, even though my answers were the same. After going on YouTube and asking friends who've worked there, I realized it was because I wasn't dressed right. My first time, I wore a bright green shirt with "Hollister" on it in big letters. Lol, too obvious. The second time, my hair was up in a tight bun, and they want it down and loose. Hollister wants not just someone who buys their stuff, but someone who embodies their overall look. You don't even have to wear their stuff specifically, so don't worry about going shopping just for the interview. Just wear clothes that LOOK like their brand, and make sure no brands or logos from other companies are showing.

The main colors to wear are grey, white, and navy.

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you, and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question
    They REALLY emphasized that I was seasonal, and that there was no guarantee of me continuing to work there come January. So this will probably just be a job for some Christmas shopping funds.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

applied at store, phone interview, group interview with other candidates where basic questions were asked such as hobbies activities and etc, Fairly easy. There were two managers and each had their own time to ask specific questions

no negotiation

Manager In Training Interview

The hiring and interview process at Hollister is highly informal and fairly unprofessional. The district manager who was set to interview me was a good 20 minutes late to our interview and then took multiple phone calls during the actual interview. That said, the process itself was very easy, and there were no particularly difficult or complicated questions to answer. I was offered the job two days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The only question Hollister ever asks that is unusual is "What does diversity mean to you?"   Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview was a group interview which lasted only 20 minutes or so. The questions were very simple questions and it didn't seem that the manager was expecting any elaborate answers.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Campus recruiters/scouts handed out cards with details to attend interview. Group interview, dress to emulate the brand style, doesn't have to be Hollister. Round robin style, we sat in a circle in the stock room with a manager.

Questions (memory is hazy, interview was several years ago)
    - Introduce yourself, name, university etc, don't be shy, sales should have an outgoing personality
    - One word to describe Hollister brand
    - One word to describe yourself
    - Why you want to work there/good fit

Probably some other questions that I'm forgetting, but it was a very easy interview overall. Then they take a headshot of everyone (so yeah, appearances do matter, don't wear too much makeup).

Received a call the next day with offer. Went it to fill out paperwork. Dress code: there's a look book each season which select items and suggested pairings for employees to buy at discount. You can wear non-Hollister clothes that are similar to look book, but no logos. No nail polish, no jewelry. They say no makeup, but light, natural makeup is ok.

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Once you apply online, you have one interview (which is a group interview) to make the cut. Just be happy and professional. Don't call the store to follow up after the interview!

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. It was my first job.