Hollister Co. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Model/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hollister Co..

I went into the store, and the recruited me. I had a friend that worked at the store already, so that probably made it a little easier. I applied on line, and was called in for a group interview within the week. I was the only one that got hired within the group interview. It was really relaxed, they took us to the food court and sat at a table and started asking questions. Their biggest point is customer service and dealing with loss prevention.

No negotiation, min. wage

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

Went to the store I applied at about 10-15 minutes before actual interview. Told one of the employees I was there for an interview, and they said to wait at the front of the store where the chairs were. Waited about another 15 minutes for the general manager to come out. It was a group interview, and she brought us out to hold it. It was pretty fast and basic. Asked us questions, then we had the opportunity to ask questions if we had any. Said we'd get a call within a week to see if we got the job and that was basically it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to successfully work with another individual.   Answer Question

No guaranteed weekly schedule.

Part Time Impact Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Walked into the store and asked one of the employees if they're hiring. He told me he thought I already worked there (guess I fit the type lol) and directed me to the store computer to fill out an application. In the application, you choose a day and time you want to do an interview. So basically, if you apply, you get an immediate interview. All interviews are group interviews (unless you're the only person that shows up).

For the group interview, I showed up about 5-10 minutes early. They told me to wait in the lounge area. Others started showing up. I remember reading somewhere it's good to socialize with the other people to show you're outgoing so that's what I tried to do. We were then led by the manager outside of the store (so in the mall) and had the interview right outside, just standing in the corner basically. Nothing out of the ordinary, just basic interview questions (tell me about yourself, why do you wanna work here, etc.)

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

As I showed up to my interview, you would just walk into the store and tell any one of the employees you are there for an interview. From there, they will have you seated in the lounge and sign in. It is a group interview so expect others to be there as well. If you're the only one, then it will be just you. The questions are quite simple and easy. Remember they are looking for people with a good personality and someone who likes to communicate with others. Some of the questions I remembered them asking is what is your name, where do you go to school, how do your family/friends/etc describe you, what do you think of when you think of hollister, why do you want to work here, what is hollister trying to promote, how is hollister different from other stores, how will you be successful working here, etc. They're all pretty simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • There are a few questions on diversity and which is the most important. Questions such as what is diversity, what does diversity mean to you, how is diversity important in a work place, will be asked. Don't sweat it just take your time and give it the best you got.   Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I applied to Hollister and that week went for the group interview. Then we watched an orientation video. A few days later I got a call that I was hired. Very Simple.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview. It's a group so answer some questions first. What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer

Model Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I heard that Hollister was always hiring so I decided to walk in and ask if I can apply for the job. The manager gave me an application info card so that I can use it to apply online. He told me there were always group interviews on tuesdays and fridays. I scheduled my interview on a tuesday. I arrived 10 minutes early, met a manager in training, signed a log sheet, and she then told me to wait in the lobby with the rest of the interviewee's - two other girls. While we all waited to be interviewed, I tried to start the conversation because I heard that the managers usually hire people who were sociable. Once the manager showed up, she asked us to follow her to the front of the store since there wasn't an "actual place to interview people". She asked us about 5 simple questions and said then said we would be contacted within a week if they wanted to hire us. I think I did pretty well since I did some research on the questions Hollister asked in previous interviews. I would say the overall interview experience was pretty laid back and that's saying a lot since I was really nervous going in.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good addition to the Hollister team?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the style of Hollister/How is it different from other stores?   Answer Question
    • What does diversity mean to you and how does it apply to the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How would family and friends describe you?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

It was very casual...we met inside the Hollister and the manager took us to the food court to ask us our interview...the manager was really chill and he talked to us about himself and the store
    I don't know my outcome yet so I'm going to put no offer

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I was recruited to work for Hollister Co while shopping in the store. I had a one on one interview the next day rather than the group interview that occurs on Tuesday and Thursdays. The manager discussed with me what I would be doing in my role as a "model". She asked

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't prepared for the diversity question because I didn't know Hollister was interested in diversifying their brand.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I applied online and set up an interview date. When i got to the interview arrived 10 minutes before the time i was supposed to be there. When i got there, there was a girl waiting already to be also interviewed. I went to cash register and said i was there for an interview, the guy there introduced me to the manager and told her i was there for the interview. The manager then told me and the other girl there waiting to sit in this area where the changing rooms were and she said that we would wait a few more minutes and see if anyone else would show up.

I started talking to the girl there introduced my self and just made small talk, that really helped a lot because while we were being interviewed it was not that awkward talking in from of everybody. After like 3 minutes later another girl also arrived and like 5 minutes later another guy also arrived. The manager then came to talk to us and asked us what position we were applying for I said i was applying for Impact the other three were applying for Models. The manager then told us to write down our names and phone numbers in a pice of paper. After that the manager took us to the food court in the mall she said because the music was to loud inside the Hollister store for us to do the interview there.

When we arrived at the food court we noticed that she had two other guys with her she said the were also managers at Hollister and that they were both going to sit with us and listen to the interviews (for me that was weird because out of all of the reviews i read before that never happened before). The manager started by introducing herself by saying where she was from, and what was here major in college and where she lived before and all that. After that she made all four of us introduce ourselves she gave us the example like (say your names, what do you like to do for fun, and why do you like Hollister?) she asked the guy next to her first and made us all go around. The first question she asked said was for all of us as impact and models ( she asked why is it important for our company to be able to reach people with different genders, races, religion etc. and why was it important for our company?. )"This was the diversity question that everyone talks about but this time she worded out different than just asking what was diversity was like i expected her to do".After that she said she was going to ask different question for the models and for me as impact. The question that she asked was for models only (how would your friends and family describe you) and for me as an impact she asked was (Name one time you worked well with a partner?). After that she once again asked a questions for the models applicants (Whats your best quality?) and then she asked me as an impact (Name one time you had a limited of time to finish something and you had to give 100%). The last question she asked for the models was (describe Hollister style in three words) and the last question she asked me as an impact was (describe a time when you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it and made them calm down?).

After that she said the questions were done and that she was now going to tell us the look policy she went over with the girls that they are not allowed to wear make up and if they did to wear just all natural looking and no piercings, no lip gloss and that for the guys no facial hair and since the other guy who was there for the interview had a design in his head she said that was not acceptable and also said that if we end up getting hired we would get triple A's which pretty much is a package telling what to wear during the seasons and also she told us is not necessary for us to wear Hollister but it is required to wear clothes that looks like Hollister and also that if is not Hollister to make sure it didn't show any logos of other brands at all. At last she just said that if we do end up getting hired she would call us between a week or two and if we don't get a call after that time it means we didn't get the job but that we were welcome to apply for another position for example if you applied to be a model you can apply to be and impact and if you applied to be an impact then you are able to apply to be a model. After that she just said good luck to everyone and it was nice to meet us and the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • i would say there is anything difficult the whole interview is really easy just relax and good luck!   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

I had heard Hollister was always hiring new people so I was interested in a part time job. I called the store on how to apply and they gave me the link to go to and the password I needed to log in. I filled out an application online and was told to set up and interview date. I picked the date and had a group interview.