Hollister Co.

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co..

It is a group interview, not individual. Everyone answers the same questions, make sure you answer first because people in the group may use your answer. they also looked like the managers had favorites based on what people looked like

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

It was a group interview. Very quick, only got asked 3 simple questions. Very laid back. Not stressful. The manager didn't expect very thorough answers. I dressed as if I worked there. Wore Hollister clothes. Be friendly and outgoing to the other people being interviewed. That's mainly what the manager interviewing you wants to see.

Hollister Floor Model Interview

Interview process involves up to ten applicants sitting in a circle talking about random / ridiculous things that seem irrelevant to a job interview. There is unnecessary pressure to answer and not sound ridiculous or "lame, " as this is a job for a high schooler to apply for.

No negotiation. They only pay minimum wage and only hire people they perceive as pretty or handsome.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

I was asked in store to work there, gave them my info and left. 3 weeks later I still hadn't hear so I called in and they said the manager messed up and didn't give me some information. They gave me a website and I was called for an interview within a couple days. I went in for the interview 5 minutes early and was told that the manager was on break. I literally sat there for 30 minutes. Finally I got my interview and it was done in less than 10 minutes. I thought it was going to be a group interview but it was just me. I was called within a week and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to work hard to complete something on a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2014.

I called the location I wanted to work at and the manager gave me the password needed to access the online application. Towards the end of your application, they have a few interview dates and times for you to pick from so you automatically get an interview. They don't call or email you as a reminder. My outfit was a cardigan, tank top, and distressed jeans all from Hollister, along with some flip flops. I arrived about 10 mins before my scheduled interview and they told me to hang around until the other people showed up for our group interview. It was me, a girl, two other girls and one boy. The manager asked us why diversity is important and told us to give an example of where you can find it. She also asked us what we did in a situation where we had to complete at task in short amount of time and it had to be completely accurate. I had already read interview reviews on Glassdoor so my answers were already embedded in my mind. Towards the end, I asked what an Impact team member actually does and how we could move into the model position. Don't get discouraged if you don't think you'll be hired based on looks. I'm black and the manager looked to be of Indian descent. I got a call a little over a week later saying I got the job. Definitely smile, make eye contact and try to get a couple extra words or questions in to leave a mark.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2014.

I applied online. I was told the impact interviews were held on Tuesdays at the store. So the day of I came early. While waiting I talked with the other people who were also there for the interview. It was a group interview. Questions revolved around experiences in life and how we handle stressful situations. One week later I got offered the job & gladly accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable

Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2014.

Go to the store at the date applied for and arrive at least 5-15 minutes before interview takes place. Hiring manager will take you outside because of the loud music. The interview was really laid back and casual. Do not wear formal clothes or colors like black. Their colors are white, navy, and brown.

Hollister Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2014.

Approached in store and set up my interview for the next week. The manager was 30 minutes late and i waited in the front chairs with the other girl being interviewed. Basic questions were asked and the other girl sort of copied my answers. However i didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why is diversity in the workplace important   View Answer

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

We started off waiting in the lounge until everyone arrived (since it was a group interview) and until the interviewing manager was ready. Everyone wore clothes typical of Hollister models (white or navy top paired with dark wash jeans and a plaid shirt or something of that variety). Then on a clipboard, we wrote our names and the job title we were interviewing for. Afterwards, we followed the manager to the food court where we had the interview (it was during store hours). The manager went around asking typical questions such as what word would your friend use to describe you, or experience based questions. The interviewer took notes as each of us answered the questions. Afterwards, we were free to leave and the interviewer told us that we would receive a call back if they find us fit for the job. I received a call a week later saying I got the job.

Temporary Staffer Interview

The interview process was very straight forward, at the time I did not have much experience, but was able to get along just fine. The interviewer was more interested in seeing if I had communication skills and would be able to conduct myself in a professional manner.