Hollister Co.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process wasn't bad. They asked general questions like 1) tell us about Hco and it's affiliates. How would you address a shoplifting incident that you see occuring. Made us watch a very long maybe 15-20 minute video of the company and what to expect.

Interview Question – What is Gillie Hicks in affiliation with Hco.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Binghamton, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was a laid back group interview with everyone who applied for a job and wanted that time for the interview. They ask a few questions about who you are and what you are like to get to know you since you don't really need any prerequisites to get the job and then send you on your way.

Interview Question – What is diversity?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Scheduling conflicted with school

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2014.

Interview Details – I signed up online and chose an interview date. When I went to the interview I dressed in a Hollister shirt, dark jeans, and toms. There were five other people in the group interview and they were all being interviewed for impact. We waited for a good 15 to 20 minutes for the manager to come and talk to us. She took us out of the store and into the food court underneath a loud television so make sure that no matter where you are you project your voice. She asked for us to give a little introduction about ourselves; the diversity question and it's importance in the workplace, to recall a time when you had a little bit of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in, and a time when you had to overcome a struggle. Waited a week and I didn't hear anything from them but it was a wonderful experience.

Interview Question – Recall a time when you had a small amount of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kingston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in December 2012.

Interview Details – They just asked few questions,they aren't not super serious. I had one other person interview with me as well and it took about 10 minutes to do. The interviewer was super nice and easy going which made the interview a lot more calm.

Interview Question – They weren't like hard questions, Nut one I recall is "what does diversity mean to you?" They are very into having people from all races.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details – Really simple, it was with other kids so it wasnt supper embarassing. Plus your in a crowded area so it doesnt seem that awkward. It lasted about 5 minutes. Just look pretty and answer the questions as best you can. You should get the job no problem.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Hollister Co. in August 2011.

Interview Details – Just one group interview with the store manager and other applicants in the food court. Asked about yourself, what would you do in certain situations (e.g conflict with other coworkers/customers), leadership experience/examples, and he definitely asked what does diversity mean to you (apparently that's a common Hollister interview question). Dress the part, like what you see other employees wearing, jeans, blouse/button shirt, and flip flops. Absolutely no black. Most applicants are teens interviewing probably for the first time and forget their resumes, bring the manager a copy to stand out and show you're really interested in the job. Called back within a week with an offer.

Interview Question – How do you define diversity and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in December 2013.

Interview Details – I just happened to walk in hollister during winter break to window shop and a girl, who happened to be a manager walked in and asked me if was looking for a job. Applied in store and they called me back a few day later for an interview which was another few days. The interview was easy and the same girl interview me who was really cool and easy to communicate with. They asked questions about yourself mostly and they focus on the different types of people that work in their store.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring part was interesting, the interviews were in groups. And the groups were split into two sections. Impact, and models. The Impact crew work in the shadows, behind the scenes taking care of shipment and whatnot. The models are on the floor doing all the tidying up, if you don't like cleaning your own room, you won't care for this.

Interview Question – There was a question about what we thought Hollister was all about, and it seemed like the manager was probing for some sort of philosophical answer.   Answer Question

Model Interview

Model

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details – This was a group interview, in the store lounge (beneath blaring speakers) and amongst shoppers. It was a great way for a manager to test potential employee focus! Very different.

Interview Question – Define what diversity means to you   View Answer

Model Interview

Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co. in September 2010.

Interview Details – There is a really informal group interview, usually held in the middle of the store or mall Starbucks. Wear the brand's clothes (including flip-flops) and engage with the people sitting around you. Typically, they ask the whole group three interview questions and everyone goes around answering.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollister Co.