Hollister Co.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Interview

Visual
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the job in store, group interview setting can be a pro or con because you can reword answers previous people have said which can be a con. They ask 3 questions and everyone takes turns answering. They say it can take up to a week to hear back but f they want to hire you, they will call you the same day or next day.

Interview Question – Question always asked at every interview is "define diversity and why is it important in the workplace."   Answer Question

Sales Model Interview

Sales Model
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2013.

Interview Details – They asked "What does diversity mean to you?" and "What the Hollister brand meant to me". Very straight forward interview. The recruiter recruited me off the street and the interview seemed mainly like a check of my sanity and personality.

Interview Question – "What the Hollister brand meant to me"   Answer Question

Overnight Interview

Overnight
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2011.

Interview Details – You fill out the application in the store then you pick a schedule on what day you want to do the group interview after that if you did well there you will get a phone call on coming in to give them your info

Interview Question – what is diversity?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process wasn't bad. They asked general questions like 1) tell us about Hco and it's affiliates. How would you address a shoplifting incident that you see occuring. Made us watch a very long maybe 15-20 minute video of the company and what to expect.

Interview Question – What is Gillie Hicks in affiliation with Hco.   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2014.

Interview Details – I signed up online and chose an interview date. When I went to the interview I dressed in a Hollister shirt, dark jeans, and toms. There were five other people in the group interview and they were all being interviewed for impact. We waited for a good 15 to 20 minutes for the manager to come and talk to us. She took us out of the store and into the food court underneath a loud television so make sure that no matter where you are you project your voice. She asked for us to give a little introduction about ourselves; the diversity question and it's importance in the workplace, to recall a time when you had a little bit of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in, and a time when you had to overcome a struggle. Waited a week and I didn't hear anything from them but it was a wonderful experience.

Interview Question – Recall a time when you had a small amount of time to do something and you had to put 100% of your effort in.   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in July 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview, 3 simple questions, have a definition of what you think of diversity to be at hand,

Interview Question – What is diversity and is it important in the workplace; why or why not?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited to work at Hollister by the General Manager while a friend of mine was at a kiosk in the store applying for a position. I attended a group interview the next day at 10am . There was about 9 other people interviewing for the same position. It was a pretty easy interview. They hire people who come to the interview looking like the brand. Wearing a suit and tie to a Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch or Gilly Hicks interview is a big no-no.

I wore lavender moccasins, dark skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a white V-Neck with my hair down. As for makeup, I wore mascara and blistex.

Smile
Don't wear black (they dont sell black)
Wear minimal/no makeup
Wear hair down or in low pony (no high buns)
DO NOT WEAR NAIL POLISH ON YOUR FINGERNAILS

Interview Question – Give two words that describe Hollister.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in January 2012.

Interview Details – A sales associate employee told me I could apply, so I applied in the store and had an interview set up a week after in another location.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Garden City, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2012.

Interview Details – They approached me when I was shopping in Forever 21 and asked if i wanted a job. I went in to Hollister the following friday and they had us wait in the seating area in front of the register. They then had the people who did not have a chance to fill out an online app to fill one out in the store. Afterwards they separated us by impact and model (whichever position you were applying for). We went outside the store off to the side and had our group interview. There were about 6/7 people in my group. Honestly, if you just smile and be bubbly, they'll hire you. Some of the people in my group looked like they didn't even want to be there. Make sure to thank your interviewer for taking the time to do the interview afterwards, no matter how badly you think it went.

Interview Question – What was one instance in which you had to work as a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope

Model Interview

Model
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was scouted for Abercrombie twice but could only apply to Hollister since I was 17. I filled out an online application and went to a group interview the following week. I was really nervous and uncomfortable despite their efforts to create a "relax" and "laid-back" environment. I was up for the same position against one other girl and she clearly had the hollister "look" more than I did...as in blonde surfer hair, minimal makeup, and head to toe hollister. As opposed to Abercrombie, Hollister seeks younger, more carefree looking "models" for these positions. I would suggest applying for this position only if you have the Cali beach look.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollister Co.

Worked for Hollister Co.? Contribute to the Community!