Hollister Co.

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Impact Team Member Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited to work at Hollister by the General Manager while a friend of mine was at a kiosk in the store applying for a position. I attended a group interview the next day at 10am . There was about 9 other people interviewing for the same position. It was a pretty easy interview. They hire people who come to the interview looking like the brand. Wearing a suit and tie to a Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch or Gilly Hicks interview is a big no-no.

I wore lavender moccasins, dark skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a white V-Neck with my hair down. As for makeup, I wore mascara and blistex.

Smile
Don't wear black (they dont sell black)
Wear minimal/no makeup
Wear hair down or in low pony (no high buns)
DO NOT WEAR NAIL POLISH ON YOUR FINGERNAILS

Interview Question – Give two words that describe Hollister.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in January 2012.

Interview Details – A sales associate employee told me I could apply, so I applied in the store and had an interview set up a week after in another location.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member
Garden City, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2012.

Interview Details – They approached me when I was shopping in Forever 21 and asked if i wanted a job. I went in to Hollister the following friday and they had us wait in the seating area in front of the register. They then had the people who did not have a chance to fill out an online app to fill one out in the store. Afterwards they separated us by impact and model (whichever position you were applying for). We went outside the store off to the side and had our group interview. There were about 6/7 people in my group. Honestly, if you just smile and be bubbly, they'll hire you. Some of the people in my group looked like they didn't even want to be there. Make sure to thank your interviewer for taking the time to do the interview afterwards, no matter how badly you think it went.

Interview Question – What was one instance in which you had to work as a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was scouted for Abercrombie twice but could only apply to Hollister since I was 17. I filled out an online application and went to a group interview the following week. I was really nervous and uncomfortable despite their efforts to create a "relax" and "laid-back" environment. I was up for the same position against one other girl and she clearly had the hollister "look" more than I did...as in blonde surfer hair, minimal makeup, and head to toe hollister. As opposed to Abercrombie, Hollister seeks younger, more carefree looking "models" for these positions. I would suggest applying for this position only if you have the Cali beach look.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Hollister Floor Model Interview

Hollister Floor Model
Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in January 2013.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very simple. When you fill out your applications (either in store on their computer or at home on your computer) you select the date for your interview. When you arrive you'll be apart of a group interview, it's very relaxed, questions are all easy and based off your personality. After the interview you'll get a call within a week telling you that you got the job, if you didn't get a call, you didn't get the job. You don't need a resume.

Interview Question – "Explain Diversity"   Answer Question

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2013.

Interview Details – applied online and picked my own time for interview, showed up 15 minutes early, the interview was supposed to start at 4pm and didnt start untill 4:30

group interview total 3 people, interviewed by MIT, basic interview questions (What can you contribute?, How do friends describe you?, How do you describe the Hollister style?)

Interview Question – Talk about a difficult situation in your life recently and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in August 2010.

Interview Details – You can only apply in-store & you select the best time for an interview (could be as soon as the next day) You can confirm your interview time with an employee working in that area but it isn't necessary. They conduct group interviews and afterwards let you know that they will be in touch with you if they decide to hire you.

Interview Question – The most difficult/unexpected question was describe Hollister in two words. It seems easy enough but can be challenging when caught off-guard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Visual Sales Associate Interview

Visual Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in September 2012.

Interview Details – They basically look for key words when they ask you to describe the business and when you are asked to share about yourself they are looking for a certain type of person that basically represents Hollister especially models.... But they've become more lenient and it seems like they hire just about anyone experienced or not

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you what position you've gotten and how much they pay and you either accept or don't... orientation is on a Sunday and you usually work one day then for two weeks they don't schedule you...your first three days are training days

Impact Interview

Impact
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Hollister Co. in February 2013.

Interview Details – You have to apply online and then select an interview date, go there a bit early and get some employee's to like you. You MUST be over 17 to get the job, I didn't because I'm currently 16. When you get in they make you feel very comfortable, it isn't all that long. They are three default questions and every thing else is whatever. They will ask to give a short description of yourself, try to include your goals in that as well.

Interview Question – What is diversity to you?   Answer Question

Lake Grove, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in September 2012.

Interview Details – As soon as I applied I was given an interview date. I went to the store for the interview where between 10 and 15 other people were waiting. About 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time the managers came over to split us up between models and PTI, overnighters, etc. We were told only 3 models at a time could be interviewed, so I had to wait another 10-15 minutes for the first interviews to be over. Was brought outside the store for the interview. GM asked very basic questions, such as how would you describe the Hollister style, how would you describe yourself, etc. We were told we would be called within a week if we got the job, however I didn't hear back for about two weeks.

Interview Question – What is diversity and why is it important in the work place?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, given minimum wage (what every part time Hollister worker is given)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hollister Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hollister Co. interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hollister Co. employees and interview candidates.