Hollywood Video

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Westwood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Question – I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – Had to answer behavior questions through a computer. If you scored high enough you would get a phone call for one on one interview with store manager.

Interview Question – Why should we higher you?   View Answer

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in February 2008.

Interview Details – It started with me applying online. From there, the store manager called me and signed me up for a 1 on 1 interview with her in the store. I completed a personality test beforehand, which it seems was the basis for choosing candidates for interviews. She asked me a whole lot of hypothetical questions about situations that would arise in the store, and the standard "what is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness" etc.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollywood Video

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hollywood Video Customer Service interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hollywood Video employees and interview candidates.