Hollywood Video

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions
  • I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hollywood Video

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Had to answer behavior questions through a computer. If you scored high enough you would get a phone call for one on one interview with store manager.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in February 2008.

It started with me applying online. From there, the store manager called me and signed me up for a 1 on 1 interview with her in the store. I completed a personality test beforehand, which it seems was the basis for choosing candidates for interviews. She asked me a whole lot of hypothetical questions about situations that would arise in the store, and the standard "what is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness" etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing merchandise?   Answer Question