Hollywood Video Guest Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.0

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed interview. It showed me right away that they were looking for responsible and trustworthy people, but it was also important to be a movie lover. I thought that was just great!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hollywood Video

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Chico, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Brentwood, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Martinez, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.