Hollywood Video

Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Chico, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Interview Details – Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and why?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Martinez, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2008.

Interview Details – There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Guest Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Question – -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!