Hollywood Video Guest Service Representative Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chico, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Other Interview Reviews for Hollywood Video

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2008.

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Martinez, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2008.

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question
    No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!