Hollywood Video

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Leader Interview

Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation Details – There is none. It's min wage.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Question – How is an m&m made   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Chico, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Interview Details – Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and why?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation Details – Very Simple

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in April 2008.

Interview Details – I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.

Interview Question – What is your past experience   Answer Question

GSI Interview

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Question – Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   View Answers (2)

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative
Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2009.

Interview Details – the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Interview Question – how would you sell me this pen?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in August 2008.

Interview Details – One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Interview Question – What is your greatest strength   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Salinas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollywood Video

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hollywood Video interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hollywood Video employees and interview candidates.