Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Simple phone interview, a round-table interview with managers from other stores. and tour of a store, then one on one with the district manager. Very easy and comfortable setting, nothing extreme.

Interview Questions

• What is one main characteristic that you use to select a team member.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed interview. It showed me right away that they were looking for responsible and trustworthy people, but it was also important to be a movie lover. I thought that was just great!

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Torrance, CA).

Interview

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation

There is none. It's min wage.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation

Very Simple

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Queens Village, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions

• Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was good very through training. I filled out a paper job application to get the job. I filled it out in person and I was called back in within a week for a one on one interview then I was called back and hired for the job.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Westwood, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions

• I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   2 Answers