Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

There is none. It's min wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Very Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in August 2010.

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions
    • Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Questions
    Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions
    • I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2009.

the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in November 2008.

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!