Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

1.9

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2010.

had to have 3 phone interviews and drive to Portland which is 70 miles away to get to the point of getting an offer. I interviewed with a district manager then the human resources manager and finally the regional manager. They wanted me to transfer to their area but I could not accomidate them.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video in August 2008.

One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2009.

the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video in December 2009.

I was interviewed then got a call back. That was it.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in February 2008.

It started with me applying online. From there, the store manager called me and signed me up for a 1 on 1 interview with her in the store. I completed a personality test beforehand, which it seems was the basis for choosing candidates for interviews. She asked me a whole lot of hypothetical questions about situations that would arise in the store, and the standard "what is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness" etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing merchandise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2007.

Was interviewed and within a couple of days i was hired on.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2008.

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question
    No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.