Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

1.9

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2010.

had to have 3 phone interviews and drive to Portland which is 70 miles away to get to the point of getting an offer. I interviewed with a district manager then the human resources manager and finally the regional manager. They wanted me to transfer to their area but I could not accomidate them.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in December 2009.

I was interviewed then got a call back. That was it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2009.

the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in August 2008.

One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question
    No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in August 2010.

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions
    • Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Martinez, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2008.

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in February 2008.

It started with me applying online. From there, the store manager called me and signed me up for a 1 on 1 interview with her in the store. I completed a personality test beforehand, which it seems was the basis for choosing candidates for interviews. She asked me a whole lot of hypothetical questions about situations that would arise in the store, and the standard "what is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness" etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing merchandise?   Answer Question

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!