Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2010.

Interview

had to have 3 phone interviews and drive to Portland which is 70 miles away to get to the point of getting an offer. I interviewed with a district manager then the human resources manager and finally the regional manager. They wanted me to transfer to their area but I could not accomidate them.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Reno, NV) in June 2009.

Interview

Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed then got a call back. That was it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Simple phone interview, a round-table interview with managers from other stores. and tour of a store, then one on one with the district manager. Very easy and comfortable setting, nothing extreme.

Interview Questions

• What is one main characteristic that you use to select a team member.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed interview. It showed me right away that they were looking for responsible and trustworthy people, but it was also important to be a movie lover. I thought that was just great!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was good very through training. I filled out a paper job application to get the job. I filled it out in person and I was called back in within a week for a one on one interview then I was called back and hired for the job.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Queens Village, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions

• Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.