Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in November 2008.

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in October 2008.

I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   View Answers (2)
    I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions
    • I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in April 2008.

I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Very Simple

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Questions
    Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

There is none. It's min wage.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2008.

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Had to answer behavior questions through a computer. If you scored high enough you would get a phone call for one on one interview with store manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!