Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Simple phone interview, a round-table interview with managers from other stores. and tour of a store, then one on one with the district manager. Very easy and comfortable setting, nothing extreme.

Interview Questions

• What is one main characteristic that you use to select a team member.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed interview. It showed me right away that they were looking for responsible and trustworthy people, but it was also important to be a movie lover. I thought that was just great!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was good very through training. I filled out a paper job application to get the job. I filled it out in person and I was called back in within a week for a one on one interview then I was called back and hired for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Queens Village, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions

• Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Westwood, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions

• I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Torrance, CA).

Interview

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation

There is none. It's min wage.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Chico, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation

Very Simple

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Houston, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.