Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Chico, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie and why?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Reno, NV) in June 2009.

Interview

Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Stockton, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Salinas, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Brentwood, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Martinez, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Houston, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Baytown, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

Was interviewed and within a couple of days i was hired on.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.