Hollywood Video Interview Questions

2.0

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   View Answers (2)

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video in November 2008.

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video in October 2008.

I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   View Answers (2)
    I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2008.

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video in August 2008.

One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2008.

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in April 2008.

I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2007.

Was interviewed and within a couple of days i was hired on.

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question
    No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Had to answer behavior questions through a computer. If you scored high enough you would get a phone call for one on one interview with store manager.