Hollywood Video

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Salinas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative
Martinez, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2008.

Interview Details – There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Baytown, TX

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2007.

Interview Details – Was interviewed and within a couple of days i was hired on.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in November 2008.

Interview Details – the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Interview Question – how can you help our company to succeed   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Reno, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Interview Details – Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Interview Question – Standard Questions   View Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Question – -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – Had to answer behavior questions through a computer. If you scored high enough you would get a phone call for one on one interview with store manager.

Interview Question – Why should we higher you?   View Answer

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2010.

Interview Details – had to have 3 phone interviews and drive to Portland which is 70 miles away to get to the point of getting an offer. I interviewed with a district manager then the human resources manager and finally the regional manager. They wanted me to transfer to their area but I could not accomidate them.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in February 2008.

Interview Details – It started with me applying online. From there, the store manager called me and signed me up for a 1 on 1 interview with her in the store. I completed a personality test beforehand, which it seems was the basis for choosing candidates for interviews. She asked me a whole lot of hypothetical questions about situations that would arise in the store, and the standard "what is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness" etc.

Interview Questions

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Question – Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question