Hollywood Video

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews

Baytown, TX

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2007.

Interview Details – Was interviewed and within a couple of days i was hired on.

Interview Questions

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative
Martinez, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2008.

Interview Details – There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in November 2008.

Interview Details – the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Interview Question – how can you help our company to succeed   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in April 2008.

Interview Details – I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.

Interview Question – What is your past experience   Answer Question

Shift Leader
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation Details – Very Simple

Store Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Question – How is an m&m made   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase

Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation Details – There is none. It's min wage.

Store Manager
Salinas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative
Brentwood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hollywood Video in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

GSI Interview

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in June 2009.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Question – Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollywood Video