Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in February 2008.

Interview

It started with me applying online. From there, the store manager called me and signed me up for a 1 on 1 interview with her in the store. I completed a personality test beforehand, which it seems was the basis for choosing candidates for interviews. She asked me a whole lot of hypothetical questions about situations that would arise in the store, and the standard "what is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness" etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing merchandise?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Baytown, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

Was interviewed and within a couple of days i was hired on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Martinez, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Had to answer behavior questions through a computer. If you scored high enough you would get a phone call for one on one interview with store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Brentwood, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Houston, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation

Very Simple

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Stockton, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.