Hollywood Video

1.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

There is none. It's min wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Hollywood Video

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Very Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in August 2010.

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions
    • Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video in November 2008.

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question