Hollywood Video

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Shift Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Question – Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation Details – Very Simple

Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview Details – You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation Details – There is none. It's min wage.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hollywood Video in November 2008.

Interview Details – the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Interview Question – how can you help our company to succeed   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollywood Video

Worked for Hollywood Video? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hollywood Video Shift Leader interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hollywood Video employees and interview candidates.