Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.8

Tax Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a day or two to set up a phone screening. The phone screening was about a 45 minute phone call with a recruiter just asking typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, experience). A few days later I was informed my resume would be forwarded to the branch I applied at. I haven't been contacted by the branch yet (about a week ago).

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt.

Interview

Had an intial telephone interview, where recruiter went over my past experience and skills. Thought the questions were pertinent, and felt I responded "spot on". Told I would be contacted on a particular day for a follow-up for an in person meeting. Person never contacted me; I sent a follow-up email expressing continued interest, as I never received initial feedback. Received a standard "we won't be considering you" e-mail reply.

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt.

Interview

Got contacted for an on-campus interview which consisted of behavioral questions and other questions about how I work in teams. The next day was invited for the in-house interviews. The in-house interview consisted of a 30 minute basic accounting test then 3 one-on-one interviews with tax managers then lunch with 3 tax staff. The in-house interview as a whole was really easy. The recruiters really treat everyone with respect and value each one of their candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you were a part of a unproductive team and how you were able to make it better.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very long interview. About 9am to approximately 1:30pm. First 20 minutes was an introduction with the recruiting manager, then a meeting with the partner for another 20 minutes. A very simple basic accounting test was next, anyone could get 100% if you have taken accounting 101. After the test was 3 interviews with senior managers and a partner. Everyone was very nice and most of the questions were very simple to answer. Later was lunch with two other staff members. About 5 days after my interview I get a call with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. But they pay overtime at time and a half! With the overtime pay, salary is very similar to big 4.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The Interview was very friendly. It started with a phone interview and based on their opinions of you, you were invited back for an on-site interview that consisted of 4 or 5 meetings with staff and senior to gauge if you are a good fit with the firm

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (West Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Begins with a simple accounting test. Basic info on exam like balance sheet, p&l and t accounts. 30 minute interview with three different people. then lunch with three current staff accountants.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt.

Interview

Phone Interview

Audit Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with human resources with pretty basic questions about my resume. I was scheduled for an in-person interview at their offices. When I arrived, I was given a basic accounting skills test. Then I had separate half hour interviews with two audit managers and a partner. Afterwards I had lunch with two audit staff at a nearby restaurant.

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You go through 2 rounds of interviews. 3 30-min interveiws with managers and partners each time and you also get to meet some staff and seniors. There is also a simple accounting test you need to take. Probably only for lower level staff.

Interview Questions

• Pretty chill. they really just want to see if you'll fit in .   Answer Question

SLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The application for this program was publicized through the university's career website. The application the submission of a resume, a cover letter, and a transcript. The summer leadership program only required one interview to be accepted in the program.