Holy Family Medical Center

Candidate Interview Review

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Holy Family Medical Center in May 2010.

My interview was a very pleasant and unique experience. Because I was already familiar with the hospital (as a former patient) and the job duties (as a volunteer), I already had a remarkable connection with and understanding of the environment from various angles. I had positive feedback of employees and methods based on personal experience, and as well, I had constructive criticism to offer. In either case, I maintained my optimistic outgoing demeanor, and I was pleased to see the same in my interviewer & supervisor. I promptly received a callback the same day of my interview, and I was elated to begin working. Until my official hire date, I continued to volunteer, building an even stronger connection with the people & atmosphere at Reshealth (something I'd recommend to any hopeful applicant). I really gained a remarkable appreciation for the facility & its policies, the other employees & their strong points, and the visitors & patients who are so grateful for the smallest gestures which can mean so very much.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetically speaking, what would you do if... your coworker made a mistake, you didn't know how to answer a question, you witnessed inappropriate behavior, etc.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the starting pay or the schedule, but if one intends to negotiate anything, it is extremely important to be clear, concise, and specific about expectations. It is also helpful to be prapared to state a case for "why" and "how" requests can be granted. Communication is key.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holy Family Medical Center

Worked for Holy Family Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!