Home City Ice

Relevance Date Difficulty

Delivery Interview

Delivery

Interviewed at Home City Ice

Interview Details – Met with John Underwood in Nashville, TN at their satellite terminal. Very quick and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing challenging.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Driver
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home City Ice in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online via the company website, then forgot I had applied until about 2 weeks later when I got a call for an interview. The actual interview was very simple, it basically consisted of the manager asking a few basic questions, followed by explaining the pay system, as it is based on a number of factors.

Interview Question – It was a pretty straightforward interview, no surprises, really.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Production
Woodridge, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Home City Ice in May 2010.

Interview Details – Isn't much of an interview at Home City. They take in route drivers like candy, the ones that survive they keep the ones that leave, they leave. Its much like a hire and fire policy. Idk, the dumb ones stick around and think they are making great money for their labor when in reality they have the qualifications (CDL) to make a lot more money. But hey, thats people confining themselves to one set of beliefs. Closed-minded.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask any questions, they just hire you   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Home City Ice in July 2011.

Interview Details – they called me up on the phone and asked me to come in. i went and took a drug test then got the job. you then have to watch training videos and take a test on them. you then take a tour of the plant and vehicles and learn how to load ice. you ride with someone for 5 days then you go out on your own.

Interview Question – can you pass a drug test   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Home City Ice? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home City Ice interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Home City Ice employees and interview candidates.