Home Depot
3.2 of 5 3,920 reviews
www.homedepot.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Home Depot Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jan 4, 2014

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Support Department SUpervisor Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Three interviews, one phone interview with corporate, Then with store manger, then with district human resources.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied in person

Interview Question – What challenges you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The pay is set.

Davie, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Depot in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on line at company website. On company website is a barage of personality, skills and IQ tests all related to the position you select when applying. I applied for 4 different positions. The online application took about 2 hours. Exactly one week later I received an email and a phone call advising me of phone interview request for one position; Associate Support Department Supervisor. I called the number provided and a phone interview took place with representative asking and then typing my responses. There was no discussion or followup questions. Question asked and answer recorded.

Interview Questions

• How many associates have your supervised in the past?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
  • Provide three characteristics that make you an ideal candidate for this position.   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you were faced with an unusual situation and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Chelsea, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2010.

Interview Details – Because I was already a part of the company and the management team was aware of my interest in moving up in the organization, I was approached by the store manager to apply and interview for the position. My first interview was with the District Human Resources Manager. This was the structured interview with questions about how one would react to associate issues and handle conflicts and complaints, along with a role play about an associate unhappy with his schedule. The second portion of the interview was with the store manager who outlined his expectations and made an offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were asked to preform a task outside your normal duties that you may not have wanted to do? How did you handle that and get your work done as well?   Answer Question

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Depot in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received contact to schedule interview. Typically phone call, but personal contact due to already being employed there; that also probably affected pay rate. First interview with 2 Store Managers (SM). Be familiar with job description and The Home Depot (THD) structure and values. Be prepared for case scenarios and "please describe a time when . . . ." Expect interview to last approximately an hour. All applicants are asked the same questions. Second interview with SM and District Human Resource Manager (DHRM); position answers directly to both. Lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Sorry, don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Typically there is a pay range but put in offer of at least $14 p/h to start. There are a lot of responsibilities that go with this position - hiring, orientation, scheduling, and associate support.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot Associate Support Department Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.