Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR. Initial interview via phone then invited to meet with management. After this, I was invited back to speak with the VP over their group.

Interview Question – NA, questions were straight forward   Answer Question

IPR Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a strategist position through LinkedIn and was contacted within a few days. I exchanged a couple of emails which led to a phone interview. During the phone interview I was told the position had been filled just that day, however, the recruiter wanted to see if another opportunity may be available. I traded a few emails with the recruiter after the phone call and finally almost a month after the initial phone interview I was asked to interview in person down in Atlanta. I was told I would have two interviews but ended up having four interviews. Each interview had two managers and my final interview had two senior managers. Everyone was extremely friendly. Some of the interviewers struggled with the format of the interview because they were given packets that had specific questions they had to ask. When all the interviews were over, I was told I would be contacted and was pleasantly surprised when I was given a gift card to use at any Home Depot.

Interview Question – All the questions were standard behavioral interview questions. "Tell me a time when..."   View Answer

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Depot in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process goes through several people you will work closely with and across several team.s

Interview Question – What makes you angry?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – It is understandable that companies use structured interviews but is it possible to ask a question about the resume? How do you get to know the applicant if you never mention their resume? Asking various scenario questions leaves a dry atmosphere. The applicant is forced to talk about their accomplishments because they are not being asked. They are additionally not mentioning education. Being that this was with a manager and senior manager was a very strange feeling. When questions were asked they both referenced their short period of time in their positions. I guess that was to mean only ask the basics.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. ...only give an example when this happened, over and over.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Home Depot in June 2010.

Interview Details – good corporate structured process

Interview Question – how would you handle something that was discussed in a management meeting that you did not agree with?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – HD has a very active recruiting department that conducts information sessions at various colleges. These information sessions cater to both potential full time employees following graduation for Seniors and also summer internships for Juniors. These information sessions are a great place to establish a connection with not only the recruiters, but also management within Finance and Accounting. The application process is completely online, but handing the recruiter a hard copy of your resume goes a long way. First round interview is via phone, mine was in November. Basic questions were asked, just trying to get to know more about you, very laid back interview. Second round of interview process was an online critical thinking test. No way to study or prepare for it, strictly a test of your thought process, and the way you work through situations. Third step if you have made it through the first two, is an invitation to interview at the corporate office, SSC, in Atlanta. In this interview I interviewed with 3 different members of management from the Finance department. The first two proctored "structured interview guides" basically a packet of questions they asked and they wrote down your answers. ex: Tell me about a time when priorities changed quickly. Tell me about a time when you were assigned a task that you did not have the resources to complete. Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone else to change their opinion and how did you go about doing it. Third person proctored a case study. Basic analysis of a project given sales, COGS, units sold, and then comparing two possible projects based on NPV and cash flows. The case study was the only finance related part of the interview, and only covered basic concepts that would be taught in a intro to finance course. Offers were given out approximately a week after the face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were assigned a project that you did not have the resources to complete, how did you adjust.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered compensation so high that I would have felt awkward negotiating. Highest paid internship I have heard of outside of New England.

Associate Advice and Counsel Group Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in December 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral Based Interview

Interview Question – What is your leadership brand?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The rate of pay vs. hours to work was inconsistent

Store Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Panel interview about 45 miutes

Interview Question – Interviews are situational based. Be prepared to speak about specific examples- not hypothetical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer is typically the offer- not a lot of room for negotiation. Home Depot expects you to prove your worth to them before they pay.

Lot Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview Details – After filliig out a very long online application, I received an automated call from corporate and upon answering those questions to their satisfaction a live person is connected. They asked me further questions then scheduled an interview. The interview was relatively generic......what do you think you have to offer, name a difficult situation you faced at work, etc.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.......

Functional Configurator Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Contacted by internal recruiter, had a phone interview with Sr. Leadership then a face to face with two people.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.