Home Depot Canada Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.5

MET Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

Applied online received call from HR within hours to schedule an interview two days away. After first interview, received a call same day to come in again the next day. Day of first interview MET supervisor called my references. Was made an offer of employment at second interview. The whole process was completed in less than 72 hrs. Have to say I love my job as a MET Associate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when given a planogram.   1 Answer

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Home Depot Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview done in store retail location. Six basic questions regarding work experience in retail. Interviewer was very pleasant and friendly. Discussed in detail the role of a merchandise associate within the Home Depot Canada stores. Told I would be contact regardless of job offer. Provided three references that were reviewed by head office.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to pay great attention to detail.   Answer Question
    • Recall a situation when you were occupied with an important task and a customer requested assistance.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation when you were working as part of a team and experienced difficulties.   Answer Question

Replenishment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Initially, received a phone interview with a recruiter at Home Depot. Next, I received an invitation to come into the head office to interview with the hiring manager. There was also a second round of interviews with the director. Most questions are behavioural based with the expectation that you answer with situation, action and results. Ran out of space for interview questions. Additional ones include: 1. How would you rate your Microsoft Office expertise? 2. If I was to talk to your previous managers, what would they say are your strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you proactively learned a new skill for your job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your management style for a leader.   Answer Question
    • What did you find most rewarding about your previous role?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 - 7 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

The interviewers asked questions that were very though provoking. They asked a lot of very technical, systematic questions, wanting to know specifically HOW processes were done at past companies. They wanted lots of examples on times you had to do things above and beyond the scope of your past roles when you were not asked.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you took a risk and it paid off.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took place at a job fair in the home depot store in Winnipeg. There were several people attending and all went through the process. It takes time to do it that way and patience is a key factor.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Job fair: 5 minute interview, with an HR rep. (Three open ended behavioral questions) 1 Month later, I was called for instore interview: 40 minutes long, with store manager. (Six open ended experience /costumer interaction questions that asked for detailed examples) 4 days later, I was called for HR interview, which provided a formal job offer. (Asked me 1. Why Home Depot? 2. What do you see yourself doing in the future (say staying there, advancing, be honest!) 3. Do you have any questions for me? It is always a good to have questions to ask that are positive in tone. Note that I have 10+ years of construction work experience, and am looking forward to this sales- based opportunity.

Interview Questions

• If you heard a fellow sales associate tell a costumer that they could not help them, what would you do? Discribe an uncomfortable situation that you have been in, in a costumer service setting. How did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Home Depot Canada (Abbotsford, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

entail application was done online and a job assessment was done after applying for the job and submitting your resume. the assessment was about 30 mins and about 50 questions that were some math related or some situational based questions which were fairly easy. A phone survey was done after the assessment which included some former job experience questions as well what the job that i have applied will need out of me.

Interview Questions

• how did u handle a situation where the customer was looking for something in store but we did not have it and how were you able to handle that   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

Well you apply online then are caled to come in for anext interview, are asked basically questions like "what would you do to make a customers experience with us better?" . The second interview is basically the job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in January 2015.

Interview

Posted resume online, then took one to the store, then had a friend put in a referral for me.finally after applying for a number of positions got an interview for this position. Interview went well. Was interviewed by the department manager, and the assistant manager. Dept M asked me a bunch of standard questions from a sheet while the AM filled in my responses onto his copy. this was followed by a role play. I told them about my experience, showed them some work i had done to meet their qualifications. asked a few questions at the end,

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a disgruntled customer into a loyal one?   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

The interview process was well done and more laid back than I have experienced in the past. The hiring process, overall, takes longer than in the past. But overall, it was good. The upper management team is very nice and friendly.

Negotiation

The negotiation was simple. They offered, I accepted.