Home Depot Canada

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.6

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

- Went to a job fair
    - Gave the 1st round of Interview at the job fair
    - Was told that "we will get back to you"
    - Within a week of the job fair interview got a call from HR and had the Telephonic interview
    - Was told that I need to go to a particular store and meet a following gentleman
    - This interview at the store was by the supervisor and another person
    - The questions are structured - and so it is the same set of questions to all the candidates

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you turned around a bad customer experience to a good one   View Answer
    No negotiations as they have a basic and standard rate
    Be very careful of the shifts that you choose because changes to the shift schedule are difficult in the initial 3 monts

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in October 2014.

Applied online and got a call from the HR main office a couple days 2 business days later. They asked me a number of questions related to my past job experience and explained about the job that I applied for. They then set up an in store interview a week later. Asked for 2 references.

Interview questions:
    -'Tell me a time when' questions.
    -What makes you think that your are a perfect fit for the job?
    -What are your availabilities?
    -Tell me a time when you had to learn about a topic and dont have sufficient time to learn it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The interviews here focus much more on the thinking process than on the accreditations, experience, skills, etc. Those items are what gets you the interview. Every answer should have a beginning, middle and end. Are you thinking everything through? Are you providing enough detail? Are you thinking strategically with post-mortems regarding every theoretical scenario?

Interview Questions
    • "Has somebody with a different ethnicity than you helped you perform better at your job?"   Answer Question
    There was a 2nd interview, vacation non-negotiable.

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Home Depot Canada in September 2014.

Rcvd telephone call for immediate telephone interview. At the end of the conversation an in person interview was scheduled. In person interview was 30min late. Formal interview with set questionaire. Non committal about response. Rcvd call a few days later for a second interview with the store mgr. Upon completion of 2nd interview advised contact would advise either job offer or no job offer. Did not receive a call. Contacted 24 hours after advised day. Given delay. Called a week later. They thought someone sent a dear john email.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions on you have handled different situations with staff.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in September 2014.

Applied online and got invited to a job fair.Attended the job fair and had interview there and then.They gave me reference form which I filled and submitted the same day.After 3 days my given references were called.About 2 weeks later got a second interview call and after answering a few situational questions , they offered me part time employment with $12 per hour. Today is first day of orientation so lets see.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do to deal with angry customer? what if a customer asks for direction for wash room?   View Answer
    I accepted as it was good start. $12 Per hour.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

I applied online for a part-time Sales Associate position in the seasonal department. I got called the next day to do a phone interview. Received a email within the next day saying that after reviewing my background and experience, they decided I was not a strong match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What previous experience do you have in customer service?
      What kind of home improvement projects have you been involved in?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in May 2014.

around 100 people in this job fair for summer job, fill application form. They call number to interview room.
    6 people be interview at the same time. Ask some general question. Then go home waiting phone call for next interview .

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult.
      1. describe one of team you work with
      2. tell one impress time when you handling customer issue

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Phone interview followed by an in-person meeting. Few questions regarding the position you are applying for as they will provide lengthy online training for the job. Most interview questions are behavioral.

Interview Questions
    My signature at the end of the in person interview with the HR.

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Thorough and fair.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with an associate that refuses to acknowledge your authority?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in February 2014.

Called me for a phone interview, asking about experiences and why i wanted to work for home depot. Went in for an interview the next day. It was with the store manager and the front end manager. All of the questions were customer service related, how do you deal with a negative customer? why do you want to work for home depot