Home Depot Canada

61 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview Details – simple, through a contact.
3 week process that took and they made an offer letter. meet with HR, hiring manager and then director.
Offer was made but would not negotate. Offer was low for new graduate but was better than nothign

Interview Question – negotiations were not allowed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Flooring Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in December 2010.

Interview Details – I have applied to Home Depot 3 times over ten years in two states. If u are not persistent they will drop the ball. I have a 18 year history of carpentry and 15 year sales and a BA with a focus in Marketing. I assumed I would be a little more valuable than the average employee. It is not the case with Home Depot however. I hope I don't experience the negative effects which seem so consistent of the employee reviews. Which are slow advancement and pay raises, terrible work scheduling and dismal work/life balance. Will update in 90 days.

Interview Question – How would u apply a certain situation I had on a previous job to the Home Depot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They negotiate nothing.

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in February 2013.

Interview Details – Job fair, interview with ASM, interview with Store manager . Job fair , spoke up and tried to answer all questions asked with past experiences. Interview with ASM went well, and was well prepared. This gave me a good sense off the kind of team i wanted to work for . This ASM still shows me that professional respect today , I made a fantastic choice and enjoy every shift i work .

Interview Question – In one word describe yourself .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None was happy with what was offered

Sales Associate
Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Fair that includes a brief 5 minute interview with HR personnel. Then more in depth face to face with upper store-level manager - Brought back in for 3rd interview in order to be formally offered the position.

Negotiation Details – Hourly wage was limited due to corporate limits. No actual negotiations could be made other than to take the job or not and to dictate what my availability was.

Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – around 100 people in this job fair for summer job, fill application form. They call number to interview room.
6 people be interview at the same time. Ask some general question. Then go home waiting phone call for next interview .

Interview Question – Not difficult.
1. describe one of team you work with
2. tell one impress time when you handling customer issue
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview Details – I applied online for a part-time Sales Associate position in the seasonal department. I got called the next day to do a phone interview. Received a email within the next day saying that after reviewing my background and experience, they decided I was not a strong match for the position.

Interview Question – What previous experience do you have in customer service?
What kind of home improvement projects have you been involved in?
  Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in February 2014.

Interview Details – Called me for a phone interview, asking about experiences and why i wanted to work for home depot. Went in for an interview the next day. It was with the store manager and the front end manager. All of the questions were customer service related, how do you deal with a negative customer? why do you want to work for home depot

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 1 year?   Answer Question

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Flooring Sales Associate
Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in June 2010.

Interview Details – Directly with ASM

Interview Question – Describe your most difficult experience   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very process driven and detail-orientated. They do background checks on every person they intend to hire.

Interview Question – It was a basic interview with no hard hitting questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took 2 days to review the job offer and chose not to negotiate as there were several internal applicants that wanted the job. I was fortunate to get an offer.

Instructional Designer, Junior Interview

Instructional Designer, Junior
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in February 2014.

Interview Details – Great experience! Professional individuals, who explain the process and provide a lot of positivity throughout the experience. HR was very polite and a pleasure to deal with. The hiring manager was fantastic and offered a lot of encouragement.

Interview Question – Just the waiting for a response.   Answer Question

Worked for Home Depot Canada? Contribute to the Community!