Home Depot Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate - Paint Department Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

3 interviews: over the phone, in person with the department manager, and the assistant store manager The an offer with human respurces. Pretty straight forward interview process very customer service sales focused.

Interview Questions
    • How would you close a sale or sell an item ti a customer.   Answer Question

I wanted a job with a higher pay for my level of experience and they were not willing to accomodate...also for part time you would need to have a set amount of hours which were not guaranteed and had to be consist for 3 months or so.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

simple, through a contact.
    3 week process that took and they made an offer letter. meet with HR, hiring manager and then director.
    Offer was made but would not negotate. Offer was low for new graduate but was better than nothign

no negotiation

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in December 2010.

I have applied to Home Depot 3 times over ten years in two states. If u are not persistent they will drop the ball. I have a 18 year history of carpentry and 15 year sales and a BA with a focus in Marketing. I assumed I would be a little more valuable than the average employee. It is not the case with Home Depot however. I hope I don't experience the negative effects which seem so consistent of the employee reviews. Which are slow advancement and pay raises, terrible work scheduling and dismal work/life balance. Will update in 90 days.

Interview Questions
    • How would u apply a certain situation I had on a previous job to the Home Depot.   Answer Question
    They negotiate nothing.

Replenishment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Initially, received a phone interview with a recruiter at Home Depot. Next, I received an invitation to come into the head office to interview with the hiring manager. There was also a second round of interviews with the director.

Most questions are behavioural based with the expectation that you answer with situation, action and results.

Ran out of space for interview questions. Additional ones include:
    1. How would you rate your Microsoft Office expertise?
    2. If I was to talk to your previous managers, what would they say are your strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you proactively learned a new skill for your job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your management style for a leader.   Answer Question
    • What did you find most rewarding about your previous role?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 - 7 years?   Answer Question

Replenishment Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

The interviewers asked questions that were very though provoking. They asked a lot of very technical, systematic questions, wanting to know specifically HOW processes were done at past companies. They wanted lots of examples on times you had to do things above and beyond the scope of your past roles when you were not asked.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time you took a risk and it paid off.   Answer Question

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in March 2015.

Job fair: 5 minute interview, with an HR rep. (Three open ended behavioral questions)

1 Month later, I was called for instore interview: 40 minutes long, with store manager. (Six open ended experience /costumer interaction questions that asked for detailed examples)

4 days later, I was called for HR interview, which provided a formal job offer. (Asked me 1. Why Home Depot? 2. What do you see yourself doing in the future (say staying there, advancing, be honest!) 3. Do you have any questions for me? It is always a good to have questions to ask that are positive in tone.

Note that I have 10+ years of construction work experience, and am looking forward to this sales- based opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • If you heard a fellow sales associate tell a costumer that they could not help them, what would you do?

Discribe an uncomfortable situation that you have been in, in a costumer service setting. How did you handle the situation.

View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Well you apply online then are caled to come in for anext interview, are asked basically questions like "what would you do to make a customers experience with us better?" . The second interview is basically the job offer.

Bath and Kitchen Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Depot Canada in January 2015.

Posted resume online, then took one to the store, then had a friend put in a referral for me.finally after applying for a number of positions got an interview for this position. Interview went well. Was interviewed by the department manager, and the assistant manager. Dept M asked me a bunch of standard questions from a sheet while the AM filled in my responses onto his copy. this was followed by a role play. I told them about my experience, showed them some work i had done to meet their qualifications. asked a few questions at the end,

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever made a disgruntled customer into a loyal one?   View Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

The interview process was well done and more laid back than I have experienced in the past. The hiring process, overall, takes longer than in the past. But overall, it was good. The upper management team is very nice and friendly.

The negotiation was simple. They offered, I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Home Depot Canada.

- Went to a job fair
    - Gave the 1st round of Interview at the job fair
    - Was told that "we will get back to you"
    - Within a week of the job fair interview got a call from HR and had the Telephonic interview
    - Was told that I need to go to a particular store and meet a following gentleman
    - This interview at the store was by the supervisor and another person
    - The questions are structured - and so it is the same set of questions to all the candidates

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you turned around a bad customer experience to a good one   View Answer
    No negotiations as they have a basic and standard rate
    Be very careful of the shifts that you choose because changes to the shift schedule are difficult in the initial 3 monts