Home Depot Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.6

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

simple, through a contact.
    3 week process that took and they made an offer letter. meet with HR, hiring manager and then director.
    Offer was made but would not negotate. Offer was low for new graduate but was better than nothign

no negotiation

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in December 2010.

I have applied to Home Depot 3 times over ten years in two states. If u are not persistent they will drop the ball. I have a 18 year history of carpentry and 15 year sales and a BA with a focus in Marketing. I assumed I would be a little more valuable than the average employee. It is not the case with Home Depot however. I hope I don't experience the negative effects which seem so consistent of the employee reviews. Which are slow advancement and pay raises, terrible work scheduling and dismal work/life balance. Will update in 90 days.

Interview Questions
    • How would u apply a certain situation I had on a previous job to the Home Depot.   Answer Question
    They negotiate nothing.

Sales Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in February 2013.

Depending on the time of the season, there will be different ways to apply. Usually you apply online through job banks or through their site directly. Most stores will have a hiring day/week depending on the amount of workforce they need to fill for the spring/summer. You hand in your application and resume (cover letter is a bonus) and wait for that specific's store human resource manager to contact you for a phone interview. Very easy questions usually related to past experiences you have related to sales or any outside experience that you may posess that applies to a specific department (plumbing, electrical, building materials). After a week or two you recieve another phone call to come in and meet with a manager to answer a few more questions. If they like what they see, you hear back from them and sign the employment papers with the Store Manager and begin your training. The actual hiring process lasts from 1-4 weeks depending on how much they require individuals.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw a fellow associate being disrespectful to a customer, how would you deal with that situation.   Answer Question
    I'm sure if you have prior experience and in depth knowledge about a certain field, you could negotiate a better starting rate. For students just applying to be cashiers/sales associate I, there is no negotiation.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in February 2013.

Job fair, interview with ASM, interview with Store manager . Job fair , spoke up and tried to answer all questions asked with past experiences. Interview with ASM went well, and was well prepared. This gave me a good sense off the kind of team i wanted to work for . This ASM still shows me that professional respect today , I made a fantastic choice and enjoy every shift i work .

Interview Questions
    None was happy with what was offered

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in March 2013.

Hiring Fair that includes a brief 5 minute interview with HR personnel. Then more in depth face to face with upper store-level manager - Brought back in for 3rd interview in order to be formally offered the position.

Hourly wage was limited due to corporate limits. No actual negotiations could be made other than to take the job or not and to dictate what my availability was.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in May 2014.

around 100 people in this job fair for summer job, fill application form. They call number to interview room.
    6 people be interview at the same time. Ask some general question. Then go home waiting phone call for next interview .

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult.
      1. describe one of team you work with
      2. tell one impress time when you handling customer issue
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

I applied online for a part-time Sales Associate position in the seasonal department. I got called the next day to do a phone interview. Received a email within the next day saying that after reviewing my background and experience, they decided I was not a strong match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What previous experience do you have in customer service?
      What kind of home improvement projects have you been involved in?
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in February 2014.

Called me for a phone interview, asking about experiences and why i wanted to work for home depot. Went in for an interview the next day. It was with the store manager and the front end manager. All of the questions were customer service related, how do you deal with a negative customer? why do you want to work for home depot

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in June 2010.

Directly with ASM

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot Canada in November 2013.

Very process driven and detail-orientated. They do background checks on every person they intend to hire.

Interview Questions
    • It was a basic interview with no hard hitting questions.   Answer Question
    I took 2 days to review the job offer and chose not to negotiate as there were several internal applicants that wanted the job. I was fortunate to get an offer.

Worked for Home Depot Canada? Contribute to the Community!