Home Depot

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in October 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview, great company

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Quick response. Phone interview then in-store interview. I had no idea what I was being interviewed for but I'm sure that had something to do with my hiring manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all. If you have a pulse you're hired!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Minimum wage.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview Details – After filliig out a very long online application, I received an automated call from corporate and upon answering those questions to their satisfaction a live person is connected. They asked me further questions then scheduled an interview. The interview was relatively generic......what do you think you have to offer, name a difficult situation you faced at work, etc.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.......

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – 2 interviews 1 phone interview 2 in person

Interview Question – think of a time when you did something that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was not able to negotiate.

Lockport, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from a call center approx. 2 or 3 weeks after applying on line. Face to face with 2 Interviewers the following week. Overall a pleasant experience. Please see other comments for full experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Essentially a standard interview.   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Received call from call center. Was asked couple questions then give an interview.

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online and two weeks later was scheduled for an interview. The interview was a bit rushed I feel by the assistant manager that seemed to be more busy with everyone else than with the interview. After about 10 minutes it was done and I have yet to hear back.

Interview Question – The usual, "tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in June 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application. Three days later received an email that said i was going to be receiving a call. I received the call and a lady asked me some Yes or No questions and gave me some times to choose from to go in for my 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview was short but successful, the lady said she would be giving me a call back and she did within a week and said " We would like to extend the job opportunity to you if you are still interested" . Once i said yes, she told me to come in to fill out the background check information paper and to go take a drug test, and she would call to let me know when orientation will begin.

Interview Question – How would you respond if a customer asked you about a product you knew little or nothing about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Interviewed at Home Depot

Interview Details – Interview is pretty straight foward. Run of the mill situational "tell me about a time" type questions. They just want to know how you would or how have you handled stress, mad customers, and boss breathing down your neck. It can take a while for them to call you back but once they do, it moves fairly quickly. Within a couple of weeks you should be in a store

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a limited amount of time and a list of things to get done. (para phrased)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Home Depot

Interview Details – Received a call first from an automated staffing service. After going through the options, a real person got on the phone. They asked whether I could perform the essential duties. After speaking to them, they set up an interview for the following week.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was talking about their bad experience at the store?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot Lot Associate interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.