Home Depot

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lumber Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Phone interview from corporate, actual interview by supervisor, then store manager interview. drug and back ground test

Interview Question – Whats your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Lafayette, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Home Depot in November 2010.

Interview Details – Application filled out online, was called in for interview, participated in interview, sent to be drug tested, came back next day for hiring

Interview Question – How in a group situation did you help to accomplish a task   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What are you looking to get paid? ans: 9.00 an hour.
Well, how about 9.50? ans: when can i start

Very Easy Interview

Lumber Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Home Depot in October 2012.

Interview Details – Honestly, I was overqualified for the job so the interview was very basic. The store manager asked me give an example of when you had to lead people and give an example of when a client was not happy with your work or unhappy with the outcome. Apparently there are more questions but those are the only ones I know of.

Interview Question – Salary qualifications...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn’t know you could negotiate (Look at the high salary/hourly for the same position on this site and as for that. The manager will go down but I bet the manager will offer above what everyone else starts at).

Glen Ellyn, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Depot in December 2009.

Interview Details – I found out about the company from a friend who gave me the name of the Human Resources representative at the location I wanted to work at. I called and the HR representative told me they were hiring in lumber and to come in for an interview. I went in and one of the managers asked me a bunch of job scenario questions about what I have/would do certain situations. Also, asked me a bit about my personality and what I was planning on doing in the future. Then, I was interviewed by the store manager who asked me a bit more about my background and why I wanted to work at Home Depot. Then, he took my information so that he could do a background check and I had to go that day to get a drug test. After a couple days later, I received a call that I had gotten the job and they gave me a date to go to orientation.

Interview Questions

• You see an co-worker not using the proper safety procedure when taking down a stack of lumber. What would you do?   View Answer
  • You see a co-worker stealing money out of the register every night and slipping it into his pocket. What would you do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot Lumber Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.