Home Depot

Getting the Interview

205 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Home Depot

Interview Details – Ask what you can bring to company. Explain a situation when you got mad. How would you sell a credit card. How would you handle a customer who has questions.

Interview Question – Roleplaying situation to try and sell a credit card.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Glenview, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in October 2010.

Interview Details – Have to do application online, can choose stores interested in, they call you for the initial interview, they send you for a drug test and let you know their decision

Interview Question – There's too many questions to even remember, they ask the same thing over and over in slightly different forms.   Answer Question

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. Lot's of general interview questions. Why Home Depot? Tell me a time when. How would you handle it IF? What would you do IF?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to take on a subject you knew nothing about. It's a great question but I wasn't prepared for it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Hollywood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – Great communication easy interview standard

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, none took the job quickly

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview Process went as normal, First interview was with Assist store Manager. He asked behavior type questions to see if I was a good fit. Questions such as"If your helping a customer and another customer comes up and ask you a question, there are no other sales associates around, what would u do". After 6 of those types of questions I was brought in to interview with the store manager. He also asked some of the same types and went over my resume.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was what are your weakness. Be prepaired to answer this one with thought in advance.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – online interview ot store got job

Interview Question – what are your strenghts and weeknesses   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in November 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online including assessments. Then called in for an interview, and based on that offered a job.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation, because of part-time status.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details – Contacted through phone, but couldn't talk at the time, had the automated system schedule to call me back. Answered a few questions through an automated system then was transferred to an actual person. They asked questions about how I had performed in past work situations. Then scheduled me for a face to face interview. Went to the interview and was asked more situation questions. I was then asked if I had any questions for her. Take this opportunity and ASK questions. Ask about how they want their employees to handle situations where a customer wants to speak to a manager and ask what is the monetary amount that an associate can take upon his or herself to adjust a price (ie: discount for damaged item, wrong ticketed price, price match.) Interviewer was very nice and we just had a conversation after questions were asked. Was called back the next day to schedule a second interview. I spent all day preparing for the second interview watching the videos on the website and retaining information because I was not told what the interview would be based on, but when I got to the store I was told there would be no interview and they were offering me employment.

Interview Question – What are the hours of this store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

McKinney, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – First of all, the HR department at this location (west McKinney) is extremely disorganized. They have acted unaware, twice, that I even had an interview. I set up an interview a second time, many weeks later, for another position due to the fact that the first time around they informed me the position I applied for was no longer available. Then it happened again today. The position I was informed was available and I went to interview for, was not available. Unbelievable. Again, this location is VERY disorganized in their HR dept. and communication is lacking. I am a smart guy, educated and understand the dynamics of dealing with people in HR but this is too much. Have spent thousands of dollars their over the past 5 years as a customer, but that train is coming to the end of the track if this is how they treat you as a potential employee. Not to mention, you get a really bad attitude but that is secondary to the miscommunication.

Interview Question – Asked me if I was experienced in the department I thought I was interviewing for and then after I answered more or less yes, told me it was no longer available! Unbelievable.   View Answer

Chesterfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Home Depot in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was a former employee that was asked by management to return when I was in shopping. I completed the online application and got the position.

Interview Question – No difficulty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My advice is to give every employer you work for 100 percent and always leave on good terms. When you least expect, you may find that they miss your efforts and you may be offered a position with much more pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot