Home Goods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Home Goods.

Interview

Call you back within a few days of application, then you go back to office, they chat with you, ask you some normal easy questions, send you on your way then call you back within a few days.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Home Goods in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for several divisions of TJX, Marshall's reached out to me, I wanted HomeGoods, he hooked me up with HomeGoods, 2nd HR phone interview went great, was told I'd get a call from DM or assistant that week, 3 follow up calls and a month later I got an in person interview scheduled 65 miles away from my home, after another company expressed interest in me, I figured until it came thru, I could still go on this interview as this is really where I wanted to work. No problem, it was an interview, showed up 15 minutes early, waited an hour 45 minutes after scheduled time for interview to start, thought it went great, sounded enthused on both sides, asked if he could call my references, asked if I could start immediately, asked my salary range, said it was high but was within range, I said I would listen to an offer, he said not to worry, asked me about locations, went over whole training process, said I'd hear within a week. Super enthused, sent a follow up a week later when I didn't hear after initial thank you that day. I didn't really want to accept other job and knew I had time. After no response I was forced to accept other position. 2 unanswered follow up letters, sent a third follow up letter 3 weeks later, as I took the other offer that I really didn't want, but took due to financial reasons, and said, hey, I'm just not available immediately, I'd need a 2 week notice. I got a note we filled the position? Strung along for 2 1/2 months very disappointing, I really liked the company, wanted to work there, waited patiently for phone calls, that never came? Couldn't turn down an offer when they were stringing me along, although I really preferred this company. Don't lead candidates on if you have no interest, it's not professional or fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Goods (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Got the application online and brought it into the store. Got a call 3 days later for an interview. Interview was casual and very simple with two people. Offered position after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your last job(s) (what you did, why you left, how much you made)   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you think Customer Service means to you.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation from a previous job where you had to do many things at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered more than I expected. (I expected minimum)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Goods (York, PA).

Interview

Received a call almost immediately, within a few days after applying. Scheduling to come in and interview is flexible, I was out of town at the time and was very understanding. They ask very general questions in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?   1 Answer

Truck Processor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview

Good interview with lots of promises..most were just BS to get you in.LONG hours of video watching for training..very generic common sense stuff.Promised all these opportunities to earn Star cards that never came to fruition.Work your butt off for no recognition..giant numbers game.

Interview Questions

• Name one of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Goods (Framingham, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very smooth process, extremely friendly manager. Seems to be a great opportunity. I had no previous work experience in the field, but they still allowed me an opportunity to interview with them.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Home Goods (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

DM came to store to interview existing keyholder to fill open management position. This was a promotion from within the company. Possibility of training at other nearby locations was a strong possibility.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an associate that had a bad attitude and feels they are being treated unfairly?   Answer Question

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Goods (Redlands, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Great! They interviewer was very friendly, listened well, and made the interview as simple. She did not try to trick me with certain questions or make them confusing. The interview was very straightforward and went quickly. There was also no line or waiting, so I received full attention and did not feel rushed. She was also honest about the details of the job, the payment, and the duration of the job, as far as keeping me aware that after the grand opening, the management would decide who to keep and who to layoff

Interview Questions

• How are you able to demonstrate good customer service? What is your idea of good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Home Goods (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I did the application online and was called back about a week or two after for an interview. The original interviewer wasn't there so a woman interviewed me. She asked a lot of questions that were pretty easy questions about past experiences at jobs. She said i would definitely be hearing back from them and the next day(today) i got a call back offering a part-time position up to 30 hours a week and scheduling orientation. So hopefully its a fun job!

Interview Questions

• Name something you accomplished that your most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Whats a time you had to step up and help fix a problem at work?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to take on another role at a job and how it made you feel.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Home Goods in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through Snagajob as a seasonal employee. The store manager called me two days after I applied for the position. We set up the interview and I went to the coordinator so she could let the manager know I was there. I waited about 10 minutes and he came up to the front and we went back to his office to interview. We only talked for about two minutes when I let him know that I was interviewed previously by his assistant manager. So he called her into the office. They were very laid back and he basically talked the entire time and let me know I had the job since I had been interviewed by his assistant manager already.

When I was interviewed previously by the assistant manager she asked me a lot of situation questions.