Home Goods

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

1.8

Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Home Goods.

I had one interview with the district manager. They didn't ask any in-depth questions, just a few about my experiences. Overall it was a pretty relaxed experience. The actual hiring process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    I was given the salary I asked for.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Goods in September 2014.

I was brought in for an initial interview. It was relaxed but professional. One of the assistant managers conducted the interview. The questions were detailed concerning previous experience and references. I felt she was honest about the work requirements. I was impressed that they are considerate of the life/work balance. I would have enjoyed working there if it had worked out. Their dress code is relaxed but professional and their seemed to be a lot of camaraderie among the staff. The pay is low even for retail.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was concerning my perception of my own weaknesses.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Home Goods.

Paper Application, unless you ask for a manager to give it to it will get lost in passing. Once called in they bring you in one on one ask about experience, how you would rate yourself as a worker, what you can contribute to the company and so on and so forth. If you have the job they will tell you when you start at the end, if you don't they will tell you they will call you. It wasn't very stressful interview everything was very mellow so they could feel out what kind of person you were.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Home Goods.

Basic phone imterview. Then I was set up with Manager for interview. She loved my resume and stayed she wish I could be at her store.
     Then about 2 weeks later had interview with DM. Wasn't impressed with how she was directing her questions.

Interview Questions

I thought it was a great opportunity but she would not return my calls. I landed up getting a better offer. Money was good but value of life and stress are very important to me
     Sounded like this company is still trying to get things figured or work done program they call best

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Home Goods in August 2014.

The interview process was relatively simple. What happened for me is that I was taken to the back office and sat down with the hiring manager. She went through my application and basically asked me questions about what she saw. Then, after looking through it, she asked me the basic interview questions you would expect. Overall, the interview process was very pleasant and no real curve balls were thrown.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult questions to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation. Just talking about when I would be able to start and the earliest I could be there on weekdays.

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Home Goods.

I printed out the application, filled it out, and handed it in to the manager of the store. He told me to come in the next week for an interview. After the interview, he said he had to contact my references and that the would get back to me at the end of the week. However, he never called back. I called him to check up on my application, and he said that he had yet to contact my last two references. It's been a couple weeks, and I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had multiple tasks to do at once. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Goods in June 2014.

Was short and brief, asked the standard questions about previous jobs and availability and when i' go back to school if i wanted it for the summer or long-term, i said long-term.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Goods in June 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call about 3 days later asking if I could come in for an interview. Had an interview on a Tuesday, got a job offer on the following Thursday. Started working on the following Wedneday. I had orientation on that Wedneday, filled with lots of paperwork to fill out and lots of videos to watch. I started working at the cashier on the following Friday.

Interview Questions
    None, only minimum wage and set benefits that only kick in after you've worked there for 90 days.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Home Goods.

The interview was very easy and they always give you a chance

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Home Goods in March 2014.

The interview was very direct in terms of the salary and optimistic regarding the potential to learn the job regardless of background.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly the interview questions involved judging your disposition and attitude. For example: How would you handle an irate customer etc.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation, just here is the salary but their may be an opportunity to advance to a full time position.