Home Goods

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Goods in February 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in and got a job

Negotiation Details – Nothing. I was able to negotiate a raise later on.

Norman, OK

I applied online - interviewed at Home Goods in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call for an interview within a few days. The manager had a list of questions he was supposed to ask. They were mostly situation based, "tell me about a time when..." At the end you were given a chance to ask your own questions.

Interview Question – Before the interview, if you applied online, you will also have to fill out a paper application. The odd part to me was they wanted ALL of my work history and lots of details about them. I can't remember all that. That was so long ago some of those places don't even exist anymore.   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone call 1 day later, but they never left a message. I wasn't sure that it was them but found out anyway. We set up an interview for the next day. They seemed to be giving a stress test as the interview. Questions were very detailed and at times aggressive. They gave me a second interview.

Interview Question – What would you do during a customer meltdown about certain products?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Several reasons: 1) Low pay for the work required. 2) Not a full-time job although it's called "full-time." 3) Management did not conduct themselves professionally during the interview. They were very distracted with electronics and not serious the entire time.

Very Easy Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview Details – Dropped off an application to an assistant manager and was immediately scheduled an interview for the following morning. Interviewed with the same assistant manager but didn't meet the store manager until a week after employment. Got the position after a 30 minute interview. Pretty standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. No drug test, but there is a background check.

Interview Question – None, standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. I need a job pretty bad at the time and was just happy to have found one.

Merchandise Coordinator

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview Details – Pretty simple standard boring interview, they are probably trying to weed out weirdos, although they sure hired plenty. They at least try to get a feel if you would be better working in the back or face to face with customers. Had an initial interview with an assistant manager and a follow up with store manager, though they were redundant. They ask you to tell them about yourself. They asked how long you plan to work there because they don't want to train someone who will not be there very long.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected about this interview. I would say just be yourself, because if they don't like you and your personality you will not enjoy working there anyway.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – too low

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Goods in October 2010.

Interview Details – Make sure you do your research on the company.
Great products and excellent company, good reputation.
The usual retail interview.
Must know what Shrink is and how to prevent it - it's basically making sure customers are not stealing.
Be positive and enthusiastic.
I

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Pay did not match my years of experience.
Store located in a mall and it was $75 monthly for employee parking - there were no parking vouchers.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Goods

Worked for Home Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Goods Merchandise Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Home Goods employees and interview candidates.