Home Instead Senior Care CareGiver Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.2

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

You are called in for an interview and go over details of your application. Make sure you have references as far as your work and character. Very easy. You are also given a drug test which is done at the office. You will also need a TB skin test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to care for the elderly? Do you have any experience caring for the elderly?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Dartmouth, MA).

Interview

The interview took about 1.5 hours and the person asked a lot of questions to make sure that I qualify. They seemed like they really cared about their seniors and wanted the best for them. They were very clear about the uniform, the payment, and the duties that they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• What I would do in certain types of situations with seniors   Answer Question

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I submitted my résumé online. Within a few days received a phone call for an interview. Went in for the interview and was asked basic questions. I then filled out a paper application and information for my background check and references. I got a call back within a week about orientation. Due to my job and school I couldn't go they said they would call back next week. Well a week passed and they never called. Each time I called either the lady wasn't there or I was told to leave a message. Well in the end they never called back and I quit my job for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wichita, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I applied online, received a phone call a day later and had an in person interview a week later. The in person interview was over an hour long but after that they contacted each of my references and once that happened I attended orientation! I was able to work the following weekend after orientation (was on a Wednesday).

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with assisting the elderly?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

(in Knoxville) I called and asked about an opening and immediately was set up with an interview for a few days later. I sent in my application online, which is what took the longest time due to the 6 references which are required. The interview itself wasn't very long because the application had most info. The longest part of the interview was actually me just asking questions! Very pleasant staff, was in and out in less than a half hour and I was invited to come back the following week for orientation and training!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to go into this field given the fact that you don't have any previous care giving experience?   Answer Question
    • do you think you will be comfortable performing these tasks with strangers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lexington, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

they called me and requested an interview for the next day,went to interview,management very pleasant. asked about work history and availability,introduced me to other team members,filled out some paper work,and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• asked about work experience. that was all.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Crystal River, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Crystal River, FL).

Interview

I walked into the office to apply, believing their company was needing a caregiver/housekeeper (without a degree, mind you), I had 2 interviews in one day by 2 staff members. The interview went well. With my knowledge, personal and friendly experience with elderly clients, clean license/background and trustworthiness being top-notch, I thought they'd like me to fit in, but I believe they needed a candidate that held a degree in healthcare. They sent me a letter to say I did not qualify, even though they knew I had no degree.

Interview Questions

• "How long have you taken care of the elderly?"   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakmont, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Oakmont, PA).

Interview

Two step interview process. On the phone then a face to face. They ask basic questions About your experience in the field, ask if you have reliable transportation, ask about doing a two step Tb test, background check. Very basic stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Metairie, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I assumed everything went well. The staff there was very nice and down to earth. I was asked plenty of questions. I was given a salary list to see if I was comfortable with the salary. I received a email stating they went with a better candidate. The company is still hiring.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a unruly client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then a face-to-face. Everyone there is incredibly nice and they make you feel very comfortable. The company is founded by a very humble couple and they have successfully distributed their kind mentality to the entire staff. It is a rare find in the world of today.