Home Instead Senior Care Caregiver Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.2

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I submitted my résumé online. Within a few days received a phone call for an interview. Went in for the interview and was asked basic questions. I then filled out a paper application and information for my background check and references. I got a call back within a week about orientation. Due to my job and school I couldn't go they said they would call back next week. Well a week passed and they never called. Each time I called either the lady wasn't there or I was told to leave a message. Well in the end they never called back and I quit my job for them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Dartmouth, MA).

Interview

The interview took about 1.5 hours and the person asked a lot of questions to make sure that I qualify. They seemed like they really cared about their seniors and wanted the best for them. They were very clear about the uniform, the payment, and the duties that they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• What I would do in certain types of situations with seniors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

(in Knoxville) I called and asked about an opening and immediately was set up with an interview for a few days later. I sent in my application online, which is what took the longest time due to the 6 references which are required. The interview itself wasn't very long because the application had most info. The longest part of the interview was actually me just asking questions! Very pleasant staff, was in and out in less than a half hour and I was invited to come back the following week for orientation and training!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to go into this field given the fact that you don't have any previous care giving experience?   Answer Question
    • do you think you will be comfortable performing these tasks with strangers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lexington, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

they called me and requested an interview for the next day,went to interview,management very pleasant. asked about work history and availability,introduced me to other team members,filled out some paper work,and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• asked about work experience. that was all.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Crystal River, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Crystal River, FL).

Interview

I walked into the office to apply, believing their company was needing a caregiver/housekeeper (without a degree, mind you), I had 2 interviews in one day by 2 staff members. The interview went well. With my knowledge, personal and friendly experience with elderly clients, clean license/background and trustworthiness being top-notch, I thought they'd like me to fit in, but I believe they needed a candidate that held a degree in healthcare. They sent me a letter to say I did not qualify, even though they knew I had no degree.

Interview Questions

• "How long have you taken care of the elderly?"   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakmont, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Oakmont, PA).

Interview

Two step interview process. On the phone then a face to face. They ask basic questions About your experience in the field, ask if you have reliable transportation, ask about doing a two step Tb test, background check. Very basic stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then a face-to-face. Everyone there is incredibly nice and they make you feel very comfortable. The company is founded by a very humble couple and they have successfully distributed their kind mentality to the entire staff. It is a rare find in the world of today.

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Metairie, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I assumed everything went well. The staff there was very nice and down to earth. I was asked plenty of questions. I was given a salary list to see if I was comfortable with the salary. I received a email stating they went with a better candidate. The company is still hiring.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a unruly client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Murrieta, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview was actually over the phone. I had applied online and received an email asking me to call to set up a phone interview. Be warned, be prepared for you call, because instead of setting up an interview, she actually started the phone interview right then. The phone interview is the first screening, then if they'll like you, they will ask you for a face to face. It wasn't one on one, but actually a little panel, two women questioned me about my application, my phone interview and asked a few questions and then explained the job. After the interview, they went outside and talked it over, and then told me they wanted me, and had me take the drug test then and there.

Interview Questions

• If your client, a senior falls, what would you?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Obtained clients within a week or two. Background check and drug test. Trained in the office where they had it set up as an in home setting and showed us some possible senarios