Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.0

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

You are called in for an interview and go over details of your application. Make sure you have references as far as your work and character. Very easy. You are also given a drug test which is done at the office. You will also need a TB skin test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to care for the elderly? Do you have any experience caring for the elderly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Collinsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very brief and short, I was called in for the interview the same day. Did not ask me about my work history more about my personality questions. And how I would handle x if x.

Interview Questions

• How do you define respect?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Dartmouth, MA).

Interview

The interview took about 1.5 hours and the person asked a lot of questions to make sure that I qualify. They seemed like they really cared about their seniors and wanted the best for them. They were very clear about the uniform, the payment, and the duties that they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• What I would do in certain types of situations with seniors   Answer Question

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I submitted my résumé online. Within a few days received a phone call for an interview. Went in for the interview and was asked basic questions. I then filled out a paper application and information for my background check and references. I got a call back within a week about orientation. Due to my job and school I couldn't go they said they would call back next week. Well a week passed and they never called. Each time I called either the lady wasn't there or I was told to leave a message. Well in the end they never called back and I quit my job for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wichita, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I applied online, received a phone call a day later and had an in person interview a week later. The in person interview was over an hour long but after that they contacted each of my references and once that happened I attended orientation! I was able to work the following weekend after orientation (was on a Wednesday).

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with assisting the elderly?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview took 45-60 minutes. Went in depth about previous work experience. For Me, it was more like a conversation, than a interview. The interviewer was very nice. I recommend anyone to apply.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous employer could improve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

(in Knoxville) I called and asked about an opening and immediately was set up with an interview for a few days later. I sent in my application online, which is what took the longest time due to the 6 references which are required. The interview itself wasn't very long because the application had most info. The longest part of the interview was actually me just asking questions! Very pleasant staff, was in and out in less than a half hour and I was invited to come back the following week for orientation and training!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to go into this field given the fact that you don't have any previous care giving experience?   Answer Question
    • do you think you will be comfortable performing these tasks with strangers?   Answer Question

Senior Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Online application and then called in for an interview. Very personable and friendly office. Everyone helps each other out. Hired on the spot after 45 min interview. Went through training and began same week.

Interview Questions

• What qualities or experiences do you have that makes you want to join this field and company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a simply process that only took about 30 minutes. The employees were friendly and helpful. The questions were basic interview questions for such a position. She told me at the end that as long as my references checked out that I had the job. I was called within 3 business days to come in for my background check. There is a $30 fee for the background check. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lexington, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

they called me and requested an interview for the next day,went to interview,management very pleasant. asked about work history and availability,introduced me to other team members,filled out some paper work,and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• asked about work experience. that was all.   1 Answer