Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

1:1 interview with basic questions then if you are hired, you attend an orientation at a later date. 6 panel urine drug test at time of orientation. You watch a video, answer a questionnaire to the video while watching it. You spend about an hour filling out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected. Define common sense, caregiving experience etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. $9.50 an hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in August 2012.

I was referred by a recruiter, there was one initial one on one interview that went well, there were no unexpected or surprise questions as far as interviews go, and was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate a salary amount before accepting an offer.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2014.

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions
    • I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Adrian, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2014.

The first interview lasted about 45 minutes. Then they had to verify my references before continuing further. Every reference had to respond in order for me to continue to orientation. Once my references checked out I was set up for orientation. The process lasted 7.5 hours. The orientation covers the aging process and senior safety. Then you are given a quiz on both topics. There is A LOT of paper work to fill out and sign. They drug test you right there and then set you up to work right after orientation is finished. Make sure that you are sure that you want this job. They do require you sign a paper stating that if you do not work for them for 90 days they will charge you 40 dollars for fees (drug test and paperwork).

Interview Questions
    • What is your dictionary definition of a caregiver?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. They asked if the pay of 7.50 an hour was okay. What I didn't know is that they offer NO real insurance, just Aflac. I almost declined the position, however, I was really impressed with Wynn's enthusiasm and dedication towards the care of seniors. I just wished they had real insurance to offer their employees.

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in March 2014.

Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

CHHA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2013.

Very long process, took more than one month to be completed. Interviewed with Joan first, one month later with the franchise owner Traci (Warren/Hunterdon County, New Hersey). Plus, drug testing. During the time with Joan it took about (4) four hours or so. You will be offered water and a snack. Filled out a lot of paperwork, answered many questions, watched caregiver videos and learnt of the company's origins. Took home a set of books to completely read and answer the attached fifty (50) questions to each books which were all reviewed by Leanne. Very in depth process. This process adds more change to your hourly pay rate.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions pertaining to how well you would typically respond to a very stressful situation with a client or how well you can manage caring for a difficult or confused Alzheimer's patient.   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. Each agency has a base hourly pay that they intend for you. This is not based on your many years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in December 2013.

Very encouraging interview. Other office staff and office culture were warm and welcoming. This makes a big difference to a new arrival on the scene. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Interview Questions
    There was not really any negotiation, per se-- the interviewer liked me and felt that I would be particularly good at this position. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Staff Coordinator Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2010.

The human resource employee needs to be more professional and hire the appropriate staff to do the job for the company. If you don't have the proper tools to do your job, how do you get your job done?

Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2010.

Round robin with a performance test with a presentation of Home Instead expected during second interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were typical questions regarding how home health care should be kept in the home. It was an easy process.   View Answer
    there wasn't any, it was an offer I really wanted. Company car, $40K plus bonus based on performance. It was sold to me as a Community liaison but it turned out to be a high pressure sales position to give home health aides a position in elderly peoples' homes

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2012.

I applied on-line and received a phone call within a week. Short interview over the phone and then scheduled a one-on-one interview. Needed to take a TB test, submit car insurance information, take drug test (urine) and have background check. A group of 5 were hired at the same time - all had a meeting about standards and policies and some basic caregiver info. Took "open book" tests about what we were taught, including for CPR and were each ushered into a room one at a time to see about setting up with a client, starting almost immediately.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions that I remember. They did mention that the pay was low and would I be okay with that.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - pay scale is set across the board

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!