Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

(in Knoxville)
    I called and asked about an opening and immediately was set up with an interview for a few days later. I sent in my application online, which is what took the longest time due to the 6 references which are required. The interview itself wasn't very long because the application had most info. The longest part of the interview was actually me just asking questions! Very pleasant staff, was in and out in less than a half hour and I was invited to come back the following week for orientation and training!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to go into this field given the fact that you don't have any previous care giving experience?   Answer Question
    • do you think you will be comfortable performing these tasks with strangers?   Answer Question

Senior Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Online application and then called in for an interview. Very personable and friendly office. Everyone helps each other out. Hired on the spot after 45 min interview. Went through training and began same week.

Interview Questions

• What qualities or experiences do you have that makes you want to join this field and company?   1 Answer

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a simply process that only took about 30 minutes. The employees were friendly and helpful. The questions were basic interview questions for such a position. She told me at the end that as long as my references checked out that I had the job. I was called within 3 business days to come in for my background check. There is a $30 fee for the background check. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lexington, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

they called me and requested an interview for the next day,went to interview,management very pleasant. asked about work history and availability,introduced me to other team members,filled out some paper work,and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• asked about work experience. that was all.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Crystal River, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Crystal River, FL).

Interview

I walked into the office to apply, believing their company was needing a caregiver/housekeeper (without a degree, mind you), I had 2 interviews in one day by 2 staff members. The interview went well. With my knowledge, personal and friendly experience with elderly clients, clean license/background and trustworthiness being top-notch, I thought they'd like me to fit in, but I believe they needed a candidate that held a degree in healthcare. They sent me a letter to say I did not qualify, even though they knew I had no degree.

Interview Questions

• "How long have you taken care of the elderly?"   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakmont, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Oakmont, PA).

Interview

Two step interview process. On the phone then a face to face. They ask basic questions About your experience in the field, ask if you have reliable transportation, ask about doing a two step Tb test, background check. Very basic stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then a face-to-face. Everyone there is incredibly nice and they make you feel very comfortable. The company is founded by a very humble couple and they have successfully distributed their kind mentality to the entire staff. It is a rare find in the world of today.

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Metairie, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I assumed everything went well. The staff there was very nice and down to earth. I was asked plenty of questions. I was given a salary list to see if I was comfortable with the salary. I received a email stating they went with a better candidate. The company is still hiring.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a unruly client?   1 Answer

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gettysburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Gettysburg, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a quick process! I submitted and interview on a Sunday night was called by Monday, interview Wednesday orientation on Friday and Had my first shift Saturday! It was an easy interview and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a valuable part to this company? Are you willing to drive in snow? (it was winter and apparently people call off when it flurries)   Answer Question

Brand and Relationship Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fresno, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done by a panel with the owners and general manager. It was a relaxed atmosphere and pretty casual. We sat around a table and talked about what is desired of me and the position I am applying for. Then I was asked about my particular skill sets and how they might enhance or bring value to their culture.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you fit into the Home Instead culture?
      Q: What type of skills do you have that will be of value?

Answer Question