Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fort Collins, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

They first do a quick phone interview where they ask you about your previous employers, why you want to work with seniors, and information about your mode of transportation.

If they like you, they contact you for a 1:1 interview. They ask you all the basic questions about employers, strengths, weakness, etc. They also ask for you to share an experience you have had with a senior that made you want to work in that field, or just a positive experience you had.

After all that business they check your 6-10 references... and I mean all of them! They will not go forward with the process if they cant contact your references. After all that business they will run a background check, auto check, and contact your previous employer.

Then, if everything check out okay they will call you in for a 'training' session (you still don't have the job at this point) you will watch some videos and fill out a work sheet (hello middle school), they will drug test you in the office and at that point if you pass the drug test they offer you the position. Whew, quite a process and it takes forever, but its worth it if you love working with seniors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story about a senior that you've worked with or have known?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you to work with seniors?   Answer Question

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Village, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Highland Village, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

They hand you a bunch of paperwork to fill out and when you are finished they then ask you questions about why you would be good for the position. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Many say care giving is a thankless job to have, what is your position on this assertion?   Answer Question

They offered me eight dollars an hour, no benefits, no guarantee of hours, no compensation for gas/travel, no PTO, and also wanted me to do 2 hours of training unpaid. I asked if I got my CNA what I would be paid, and they would increase my hourly wages to 9 an hour.

Personal Care Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in August 2011.

Interview

1 on 1 interview. very detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have one. They start everyone at the same salary level. Just above minimum rage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Prescott, AZ) in March 2009.

Interview

I telephoned the company and made an appointment. They called me back, and set up an appointment. the interview was organized and planned, I spoke to two differnt people. I think its a great company, they give you freedom and its very diversified.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work with people   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, its one fair wage for all.

Personal Care Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Carson City, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview was very professional and I felt comfortable with the interviewer. I was made to feel that to be hired was a compliment because they were looking for top quality employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called and hired me and I started wot work. I already knew the salary before I was hired. Only negotiations is over hours that I would work.

Caretaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeannette, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Jeannette, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Submit an application online, they call you in for an interview, fill out paperwork, do an exercise on the computer, they do background check, if hired, orientation is next, drug test, will have to go to a few trainings and do quizzes

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were asked to do something you didn't want to do and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Sheboygan, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

Ssked questions about my healthcare experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Salem, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

When submitting application, they required a copy of driver's license. Two weeks later I received a phone call from the office manager and set up an interview. The interview was brief and straightforward, a week later I was called in for a "second interview" which was actually a drug test, and invited to an orientation contingent upon the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake on the job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation unfortunately. You take the base pay or none at all.

Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Vero Beach, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

Round robin with a performance test with a presentation of Home Instead expected during second interview.

Interview Questions

• They were typical questions regarding how home health care should be kept in the home. It was an easy process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any, it was an offer I really wanted. Company car, $40K plus bonus based on performance. It was sold to me as a Community liaison but it turned out to be a high pressure sales position to give home health aides a position in elderly peoples' homes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Mentor, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Very encouraging interview. Other office staff and office culture were warm and welcoming. This makes a big difference to a new arrival on the scene. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not really any negotiation, per se-- the interviewer liked me and felt that I would be particularly good at this position. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.