Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

1.9

Director, International Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

I applied at HomeInstead because we used their services for my grandfather and each and every interaction with the HomeInstead service and their employees was tremendous. In short, I was sold on the company well before I applied.

I waited until the right opportunity opened up at HomeInstead. Ultimately, the head of HR actually suggested that I post for the position and she conducted the initial interview. It was a dialogue about the position, the HomeInstead mission, and her experience/background. She committed to scheduling additional interviews with the senior managers with whom I would be working with and/or supporting. I never heard from her again despite several calls and emails.

Caregiver Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Easy interview, very personable interviewer.

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in March 2014.

Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

Staff Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2010.

The human resource employee needs to be more professional and hire the appropriate staff to do the job for the company. If you don't have the proper tools to do your job, how do you get your job done?

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2014.

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions
    • I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

1:1 interview with basic questions then if you are hired, you attend an orientation at a later date. 6 panel urine drug test at time of orientation. You watch a video, answer a questionnaire to the video while watching it. You spend about an hour filling out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected. Define common sense, caregiving experience etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. $9.50 an hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Tell them what you're comfortable doing, and your true knowledge of the tasks. They'll help train you if you need it. Be drug free! They check. Don't try to fake it, you can't. Scrubs, if unsure of interview wear. Skills, and a written test given. Turn your phone off for the interview. The seniors don't mind the tattoos, or purple hair as much as employers and family members do. So, simple hair style, pull back if long. Clean and simple.. No heavy jewelry. Wedding ring, and that's about it. Know what hours and days you can work. They make you get a Driver License record for 5 years or so. That cost $18, and the typical background check. I had to pay the $50 they reimbursed me after I got a paycheck or two.

Interview Questions
    • didn't like them asking, What would change about myself? . And What's my worst quality?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same. I do work weekends for the extra money. We have scheduled "holiday pay" with specific shift hours.

Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

I applied online, which included a psychological test that must be passed in order to be considered. I was called within hours of completing it, and was asked to be interviewed. I had an interview with the HR, then with the manager. He was almost begging me to stay with the company. I unknowingly agreed.

Interview Questions
    I was offered pay above what is considered normal.

Home Health Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2013.

Interview process was easy and comfortable.

No negotiation

Caregiver Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in January 2010.

I found them in a classified ad promising that applying today would mean working tomorrow. I was going to school at the time and decided to go for it, especially because I wanted to work with seniors in my field and the job claimed to be related to that. I called the number and they told me to come in at a certain time. They looked over my application, discussed different duties I had experience with, and promised to call my references. Apparently they did because I was being called for shifts a day or two later. It was very short and cursory. In hindsight, it's rather scary to think they weren't more thorough when they were hiring people to go into others' homes to look after vulnerable people.

Interview Questions
    There really wasn't one. It was just "this is the hourly pay and that's it."