Home Instead Senior Care

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.0

Caregiver Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Easy interview, very personable interviewer.

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in March 2014.

Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

Director, International Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

I applied at HomeInstead because we used their services for my grandfather and each and every interaction with the HomeInstead service and their employees was tremendous. In short, I was sold on the company well before I applied.

I waited until the right opportunity opened up at HomeInstead. Ultimately, the head of HR actually suggested that I post for the position and she conducted the initial interview. It was a dialogue about the position, the HomeInstead mission, and her experience/background. She committed to scheduling additional interviews with the senior managers with whom I would be working with and/or supporting. I never heard from her again despite several calls and emails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in January 2013.

I was very impressed with the streamline of the process. I first took a test. The human resource/receptionist was very very pleasant. After my test, I was immediately interviewed. As a side note, I do not think that I would have been interviewed had I not passed the test. Ok, so I was intereviewed by a very professional woman. Very kind , clearly presenting her questions to me.. It took about 15 minutes for the entire interview. About 5 days later, I received a call, from the same woman who was at the front office, telling me they wanted to continue with hiring me and proceeded to tell me the next steps. I would submit to a drug test (urine) and turn in a driving record report. So that is where I am at right now with the process. After the drug test, they will then send me for the Level 2 Backround screening. Hopefully from there, I will get some hours. Update: Every time I turn around, there is one more hoop to jump through. Too late for me, I already invested money in trying to get hours from this company. A word to the wise, when you do sit for the orientation, they give you books to take home and advise you that although you are going to get paid for orientation, they plan to hold back $20.00 until they get the books back from you...and that is when you quit or get fired...bottom line, you're not getting the money back until that time...nice huh.

Interview Questions
    • "What makes you the most inpatient." "Describe yourself in using four words"   View Answer
    • What are your hobbys. When is it acceptable to violate privacy.   View Answer
    • How many days in a year is it acceptable to call out.   View Answer
    • For what reason is it acceptable to call out.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. But I would be reimbursed for a backround check after I performed 100 hours of work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in November 2012.

Process easy enough. The staff was friendly, helpful.and had answers to most all my questions. The time between interview and hire was minimal. Some concerns about pay were vague. I have been interviewed in a more professional way by companies, but I would rather have a more relaxed interview. The policies of the company were given out in folder and time given to review them.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in December 2011.

very easy,

Interview Questions
    no negotition, they say after 3mos you get a raise when you take a class which did not happen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2014.

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions
    • I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Home Health Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2013.

Interview process was easy and comfortable.

No negotiation

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Tell them what you're comfortable doing, and your true knowledge of the tasks. They'll help train you if you need it. Be drug free! They check. Don't try to fake it, you can't. Scrubs, if unsure of interview wear. Skills, and a written test given. Turn your phone off for the interview. The seniors don't mind the tattoos, or purple hair as much as employers and family members do. So, simple hair style, pull back if long. Clean and simple.. No heavy jewelry. Wedding ring, and that's about it. Know what hours and days you can work. They make you get a Driver License record for 5 years or so. That cost $18, and the typical background check. I had to pay the $50 they reimbursed me after I got a paycheck or two.

Interview Questions
    • didn't like them asking, What would change about myself? . And What's my worst quality?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same. I do work weekends for the extra money. We have scheduled "holiday pay" with specific shift hours.

Hha Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2011.

The interview process was very easy. The lady was polite and fun.she asked all types of questions about my past experiences.I met the head boss on my interview and he was also very down to earth.don't know how or why anybody would not get hired at this establishment .

Interview Questions

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!