Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I applied at HomeInstead because we used their services for my grandfather and each and every interaction with the HomeInstead service and their employees was tremendous. In short, I was sold on the company well before I applied. I waited until the right opportunity opened up at HomeInstead. Ultimately, the head of HR actually suggested that I post for the position and she conducted the initial interview. It was a dialogue about the position, the HomeInstead mission, and her experience/background. She committed to scheduling additional interviews with the senior managers with whom I would be working with and/or supporting. I never heard from her again despite several calls and emails.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Easy interview, very personable interviewer.

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in March 2014.

Interview

Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions

• I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Vista, CA).

Interview

1:1 interview with basic questions then if you are hired, you attend an orientation at a later date. 6 panel urine drug test at time of orientation. You watch a video, answer a questionnaire to the video while watching it. You spend about an hour filling out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected. Define common sense, caregiving experience etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. $9.50 an hr.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in January 2010.

Interview

I found them in a classified ad promising that applying today would mean working tomorrow. I was going to school at the time and decided to go for it, especially because I wanted to work with seniors in my field and the job claimed to be related to that. I called the number and they told me to come in at a certain time. They looked over my application, discussed different duties I had experience with, and promised to call my references. Apparently they did because I was being called for shifts a day or two later. It was very short and cursory. In hindsight, it's rather scary to think they weren't more thorough when they were hiring people to go into others' homes to look after vulnerable people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. It was just "this is the hourly pay and that's it."

Home Health Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process was easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Hha/Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Hollywood, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Went in to office during spcific hours, filled out application, took copys of dl, ss card, certificates and called back with in a week for interview , checked refferences, backround check (fbi), drug pee test...and hired..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None , pay scale depends on client and hours available.

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Trumbull, CT) in September 2014.

Interview

The process took 7 days. There is no qualification or experience needed so it was easy to get. The interviewer was very cheerful. I got to meet the staff there and they seemed like a family and had bubbly personalities. I was told to do my drug test which I did and 2 days later I got a call saying that I got the job

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with the elderly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they listed the pay as competitive online but the pay is a lowly $9.50

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Cheyenne, WY) in April 2014.

Interview

Good process, spent some time with manager, Profile on work ethic, learned the system on staff. spoke with staff. Spoke with leadership team and spent some time with Human Resource Team