Home Instead Senior Care

2.0

Caregiver With HCA License Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in October 2014.

The staff is very friendly and the interviewing process went fast and they offered me a job right away.

I turned The position down. Their ad on craigslist claims that the starting pay is minimum of 12.50 to start. That is a lie.
    I have years of experience caregiving and have my HCA license with excellent references. They offered me $9.50 to start which was laughable. I made more getting paid through copes (DSHS). I'm sure they are a great company if you like working for next to nothing.

Interview Questions
    • I was just asked the typical questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Low Pay.

Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

I applied online, which included a psychological test that must be passed in order to be considered. I was called within hours of completing it, and was asked to be interviewed. I had an interview with the HR, then with the manager. He was almost begging me to stay with the company. I unknowingly agreed.

Interview Questions
    I was offered pay above what is considered normal.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2014.

I was called for an interview within a week of submitting an application. Before my interview I was called again by someone trying to set up an interview. I went in and was given several forms to fill out. The interviewer then came in and asked me about questions concerning my ability to care for other your average interview questions about reliability etc. I was hired on the spot and did a drug test and scheduled for orientation. Orientation is only on Wednesday and Thursday from 8-4 making it very inconvenient if your a students who take classes during the day like me. The first day is all about the policies and procedures. The second day and Lpn comes in and teaches us about taking care of the clients.Also on the second day the scheduling team comes in and start to set up shifts if you have open availability or can do overnights you will most likely leave with shifts.

Interview Questions
    • My previous job was working as a grader for my university and they asked how the skills I learned at that job could help me as a caregiver.   Answer Question

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

1:1 interview with basic questions then if you are hired, you attend an orientation at a later date. 6 panel urine drug test at time of orientation. You watch a video, answer a questionnaire to the video while watching it. You spend about an hour filling out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected. Define common sense, caregiving experience etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. $9.50 an hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in August 2012.

I was referred by a recruiter, there was one initial one on one interview that went well, there were no unexpected or surprise questions as far as interviews go, and was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate a salary amount before accepting an offer.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2014.

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions
    • I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2014.

The first interview lasted about 45 minutes. Then they had to verify my references before continuing further. Every reference had to respond in order for me to continue to orientation. Once my references checked out I was set up for orientation. The process lasted 7.5 hours. The orientation covers the aging process and senior safety. Then you are given a quiz on both topics. There is A LOT of paper work to fill out and sign. They drug test you right there and then set you up to work right after orientation is finished. Make sure that you are sure that you want this job. They do require you sign a paper stating that if you do not work for them for 90 days they will charge you 40 dollars for fees (drug test and paperwork).

Interview Questions
    • What is your dictionary definition of a caregiver?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. They asked if the pay of 7.50 an hour was okay. What I didn't know is that they offer NO real insurance, just Aflac. I almost declined the position, however, I was really impressed with Wynn's enthusiasm and dedication towards the care of seniors. I just wished they had real insurance to offer their employees.

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in March 2014.

Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

CHHA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2013.

Very long process, took more than one month to be completed. Interviewed with Joan first, one month later with the franchise owner Traci (Warren/Hunterdon County, New Hersey). Plus, drug testing. During the time with Joan it took about (4) four hours or so. You will be offered water and a snack. Filled out a lot of paperwork, answered many questions, watched caregiver videos and learnt of the company's origins. Took home a set of books to completely read and answer the attached fifty (50) questions to each books which were all reviewed by Leanne. Very in depth process. This process adds more change to your hourly pay rate.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions pertaining to how well you would typically respond to a very stressful situation with a client or how well you can manage caring for a difficult or confused Alzheimer's patient.   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. Each agency has a base hourly pay that they intend for you. This is not based on your many years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in December 2013.

Very encouraging interview. Other office staff and office culture were warm and welcoming. This makes a big difference to a new arrival on the scene. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Interview Questions
    There was not really any negotiation, per se-- the interviewer liked me and felt that I would be particularly good at this position. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.