Home Instead Senior Care

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.0

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in December 2014.

incompetent and ask questions that are against BC labor laws, use online process to discourage any one who is qualified in the field and can work elsewhere. On line interview was more like psychological profiling, telephone interview repetitive and superficial- wondered are they checking to see if I am a foreign worker desperate for a job

Interview Questions
    • how old are you- no real scheduled hours or pay- who would work for them under these conditions-?the desperate foreign worker that's who- this should be illegal in the health care field I guess any one can call themselves a senior home care company   View Answer

realized that this job exploits seniors and would exploit workers they also try to get workers from foreign countries to take these jobs-they won't complain -they just want to live in BC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Bear Lake, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Bear Lake, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in October 2010.

in person interview plus a personality test, questions on how to deal with personal care issues, how you would deal with client mental issues, asked about your hobbies, interest so they can match up clients with caregivers with the same interest. Like gardening, traveling, cooking, sports, also health care experiences, like diabetes care, Alzheimer's care of relative and elderly care of relatives.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

I had to go through a 2 interview process. Both interviews were very relaxed. The first interview was with the owner, and the 2nd interview was with HR.

Interview Questions
    • As always what are you strong points and weak points. Also, there were many questions where you had to remember an incident and how you reacted to it. Probably 4 pages of questions like that.   Answer Question

Caregiver With HCA License Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in October 2014.

The staff is very friendly and the interviewing process went fast and they offered me a job right away.

I turned The position down. Their ad on craigslist claims that the starting pay is minimum of 12.50 to start. That is a lie.
    I have years of experience caregiving and have my HCA license with excellent references. They offered me $9.50 to start which was laughable. I made more getting paid through copes (DSHS). I'm sure they are a great company if you like working for next to nothing.

Interview Questions
    • I was just asked the typical questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Low Pay.

Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

I applied online, which included a psychological test that must be passed in order to be considered. I was called within hours of completing it, and was asked to be interviewed. I had an interview with the HR, then with the manager. He was almost begging me to stay with the company. I unknowingly agreed.

Interview Questions
    I was offered pay above what is considered normal.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2014.

I was called for an interview within a week of submitting an application. Before my interview I was called again by someone trying to set up an interview. I went in and was given several forms to fill out. The interviewer then came in and asked me about questions concerning my ability to care for other your average interview questions about reliability etc. I was hired on the spot and did a drug test and scheduled for orientation. Orientation is only on Wednesday and Thursday from 8-4 making it very inconvenient if your a students who take classes during the day like me. The first day is all about the policies and procedures. The second day and Lpn comes in and teaches us about taking care of the clients.Also on the second day the scheduling team comes in and start to set up shifts if you have open availability or can do overnights you will most likely leave with shifts.

Interview Questions
    • My previous job was working as a grader for my university and they asked how the skills I learned at that job could help me as a caregiver.   Answer Question

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

1:1 interview with basic questions then if you are hired, you attend an orientation at a later date. 6 panel urine drug test at time of orientation. You watch a video, answer a questionnaire to the video while watching it. You spend about an hour filling out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected. Define common sense, caregiving experience etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. $9.50 an hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in August 2012.

I was referred by a recruiter, there was one initial one on one interview that went well, there were no unexpected or surprise questions as far as interviews go, and was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate a salary amount before accepting an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2014.

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions
    • I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2014.

The first interview lasted about 45 minutes. Then they had to verify my references before continuing further. Every reference had to respond in order for me to continue to orientation. Once my references checked out I was set up for orientation. The process lasted 7.5 hours. The orientation covers the aging process and senior safety. Then you are given a quiz on both topics. There is A LOT of paper work to fill out and sign. They drug test you right there and then set you up to work right after orientation is finished. Make sure that you are sure that you want this job. They do require you sign a paper stating that if you do not work for them for 90 days they will charge you 40 dollars for fees (drug test and paperwork).

Interview Questions
    • What is your dictionary definition of a caregiver?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. They asked if the pay of 7.50 an hour was okay. What I didn't know is that they offer NO real insurance, just Aflac. I almost declined the position, however, I was really impressed with Wynn's enthusiasm and dedication towards the care of seniors. I just wished they had real insurance to offer their employees.