Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Metairie, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I assumed everything went well. The staff there was very nice and down to earth. I was asked plenty of questions. I was given a salary list to see if I was comfortable with the salary. I received a email stating they went with a better candidate. The company is still hiring.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a unruly client?   1 Answer

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gettysburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Gettysburg, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a quick process! I submitted and interview on a Sunday night was called by Monday, interview Wednesday orientation on Friday and Had my first shift Saturday! It was an easy interview and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a valuable part to this company? Are you willing to drive in snow? (it was winter and apparently people call off when it flurries)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Murrieta, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview was actually over the phone. I had applied online and received an email asking me to call to set up a phone interview. Be warned, be prepared for you call, because instead of setting up an interview, she actually started the phone interview right then. The phone interview is the first screening, then if they'll like you, they will ask you for a face to face. It wasn't one on one, but actually a little panel, two women questioned me about my application, my phone interview and asked a few questions and then explained the job. After the interview, they went outside and talked it over, and then told me they wanted me, and had me take the drug test then and there.

Interview Questions

• If your client, a senior falls, what would you?   1 Answer

Brand and Relationship Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fresno, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done by a panel with the owners and general manager. It was a relaxed atmosphere and pretty casual. We sat around a table and talked about what is desired of me and the position I am applying for. Then I was asked about my particular skill sets and how they might enhance or bring value to their culture.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you fit into the Home Instead culture? Q: What type of skills do you have that will be of value?   Answer Question

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Group Interview, very unperson-able, treats you like your inferior and unintelligent. There isn't much more to say besides this. You watch an orientation video for about 2 hours and then the management asks a couple routine questions and lets you know that there will be drug testing and a criminal back-round check. They then let you know if you got the job they will give you a call back. Leaving there with really no idea how long or when they will call, when I was walking out I made it a point to shake the manager's hand (I was the only one) and she called me by the wrong name.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lewisburg, PA).

Interview

All of the staff very kind & considerate. The usual rigors of drug test, criminal background check, and finger printing. Interviewer was professional but not intimidating. She was pleasant. Is that enough words? May I please be free to leave page now

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any type experience caring for fragile elderly and if so tell me about it.   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Obtained clients within a week or two. Background check and drug test. Trained in the office where they had it set up as an in home setting and showed us some possible senarios

Caregiver (Entry-level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly short. I was asked about my past experience, what I did after I graduated high school and what my goals in general were. I'm waiting to be called for a second interview. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be open, honest and have be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Mechanicsburg, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very pleasant. My interviewer was friendly and informative and helped walk me out to my car and clean off the snow that had fallen while we were talking. I didn't have a snow removal brush and I was very impressed! It was the weekend before Christmas and they had all spent the day wrapping and distributing gifts to clients who had no family. Very positive first impression!

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose them over all of the other home health businesses in the central Pennsylvania area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I had to go through a 2 interview process. Both interviews were very relaxed. The first interview was with the owner, and the 2nd interview was with HR.

Interview Questions

• As always what are you strong points and weak points. Also, there were many questions where you had to remember an incident and how you reacted to it. Probably 4 pages of questions like that.   Answer Question