Home Retail

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

Service Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Home Retail in November 2014.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. I had a couple of conversations with them after they asked to see my CV. A couple of potential jobs were put to me and we decided that I was best suited to the above.
    The interview was in their offices. It was supposed to be with an IT Manager and the person I would be working for but the person I would be working for was off sick.
    It went OK. The guy was very enthusiastic about the company. He asked me a bit about what I knew about the company and my experience. It only went on for 30 minutes. I don't know if this was because he had made his mind up about me or because the other 30 minutes would be questions from the person who didn't turn up.
    About a week and a half later they did have the courtesy to ring me to say that I wouldn't get a second interview on account of lack of experience. I was sort of expecting it as I don't have any experience of SIAM but hoped my knowledge of having been in outsourcing and my general enthusiasm would carry me through.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation where there were conflicting interests to balance?   View Answer

Graduate Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Home Retail in August 2013.

Phone interview – about my CV and why I am appling for the role. Then invited me for a face 2 face interview with the database and analysis manager- SQL multiple choice questions and competency based interview. Awaiting response from the HR dept.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Home Retail in July 2013.

Contacted via a recruitment agent where I was asked to supply a CV and digital portfolio. I was then called in for an interview, where I was asked by two members of design management of my technical abilities as well as doing a small design take for 40 minutes to determine my skill for this fast paces role. I was called in a second time to discuss my options on what team I wanted to go into as there were two roles available, and there I met my art director. I was offered the job by phone a week later

Interview Questions
    • Technical knowledge of SEO as I am a print designer when I applied for the job I was cling a deep knowledge of how this works.   View Answer
    No negotiation needed. Salary expectation was exceeded

Real Time Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Home Retail in November 2011.

There was an hour long written test. There was a phone interview using mock scenarios on the phone. There was a face to face interview. This position was found through inter-office postings.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario in which you assigned people for the day.   Answer Question
    There was none, I was happy with what they offered.