HomeAdvisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.6

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The ladie was very nice and i cant wait to join their team Some can sell some can not but i am one that has sales running through my veins yeah

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone conversation with HR to discuss the nature of the position and salary expectations, included a technical screening over the phone with a few software developers to gauge skills and competency, and concluded after one in-person interview with a small panel of software developers.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were technical in nature, and the difficult ones had to do with memory management, interfaces, and class inheritance.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO).

Interview

2 stage interview, first interview with the recruiter, as long as you are experienced in phone sales you are golden. Second interview is with the manager that your going to be stuck with as soon as you start. My manager was cool however lacked in the "being a manager part". No hard questions.

Interview Questions

• I really did not feel there were any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HomeAdvisor in December 2013.

Interview

Very on the ball, quick response and turnaround time
    Flexible scheduling with phone interviews
    Personable hiring manager and department VP
    Open and receptive around scheduling in-person interview
    Came back with decision quickly
    Supportive; walked through every step of the interview process
    Phone interviews were thorough and not intimidating at all

Interview Questions

• Directly experience- and application-related
      Hypothetical scenarios centering around client and project situations

Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

Was long but good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HomeAdvisor.

Interview

I always appreciate painless communication. I found the recruiting staff very easy to get in touch with, helpful and personable. They are not particularly quick with this process however. It was quite some time after I submitted my profile and received the request for a phone interview.

Pretty straight forward interview. Nothing out of the ordinary or particularly challenging. They were pretty upfront with a salary range in early communication.

Interview Questions

• I don't think anything really stood out. Their is an excel test at some point in the process.   Answer Question

Online Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very typical of a sales role. Started with a phone interview with HR. Then they brought me in for a 2 hour interview. First with HR, then with a sales manager, and if they both like you they will bring in a sales director. Interview was just sales experience questions, and getting to know you. Go in confident and sell yourself, otherwise they will not want you.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. I was called and offered the position the same day as the Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HomeAdvisor (Lakewood, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was with corporate recruiter of Servicemagic's Human Resources department. It was approximately 30 minutes long, basically going over my work history, familiarity with certain programs, experience with financial models and the way I handle certain scenarios.

The second interview was with the director of financial planning & analysis. He described the needs of the department, and the work environment. He described everyone who worked in his department as very analytic and naturally curious.

Prior to the third interview, I was sent an Excel aptitude test. I thought I was proficient, but I guess I relied too much on pivot tables. This was a test that tested not only your IF statements capabilities, but seeing if you could perform analysis and sorting without pivot tables.

The third interview was Servicemagic. I met with the director of financial planning analysis (FP&A), a manager in FP&A, three financial analysts, and two vice presidents. The atmosphere on the FP&A department is a sea of dimly lit cubicles. It's very quiet. My interviews with the director of FP&A and the last vice president went poorly. The director really did a thorough job of examining whether or not I was as experienced in analysis as the department needed and gave me several verbal tests, including a probability test. I suck at probability, and I was already feeling down about the Excel test. The interviews in between went well. The vice president brushed me off from the beginning, despite my positive interactions with other members of FP&A.

It took two weeks for servicemagic to get back to me about their decision to move forward with another candiate. It took approximately one month overall.

The key to get this job is to be naturally curious and to be very strong at analysis. The environment is perfect for someone who can spend more than 10 hours per day in front of a computer screen, and one who is driven to be better than their peer, versus working in a team. I wasn't a big fan of the office, and am somewhat relieved that this was not my only employment opportunity. Check out everyone's finger nails during your interview. Everyone bites their nails down to a nub. I'm done with stressful environments like that.

Interview Questions

• A casino decides it wants to open a new game on the floor. You win by rolling a die. If you roll 1, you get a $1000, if you roll 2, you get $2000, and so on and so forth. How much should the casino charge in order to come out ahead?   3 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HomeAdvisor (Lenexa, KS) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone call basic interview normal interview questions they are looking for people who are money motivated to make big commisions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations the salary is what it is

Online Marketing Consultant (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HomeAdvisor (Golden, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Myriad questions regarding closing the sale and handling difficult prospects. Some time management questions. Ask a lot of questions about the compensation plan and your required quota. They change it periodically but when I left the required daily activity was 90 - 100 dials and/or 3 hours talk time.
    As I said get the hiring mgr to explain your commissions. It is somewhat complicated.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult about the interviewing process. It was a bit drawn out. It's a cubeville job so expect the standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for this entry levele inside sales position