HomeAway Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Met them at the university recruiting fair. I was asked a bunch of C questions on the spot and got called for a technical interview the next day. There were more of JAVA questions asked during the one on one interview. Got the rejection a week later.

Intern Interview

Applied to the company at a career fair at my college, received an interview for the next day. Interview was very low-key, the guy who interviewed me was really chill and easy to talk to. Haven't received word whether or not I got an offer yet.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at HomeAway in September 2014.

I went to the career fair at my university and was asked to sign up for a 30-minute technical interview the next day. They were very nice and wanted to know what I knew.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HomeAway in September 2014.

Not too bad. They asked me about Java class, polymorphism, Java interfaces, and some networking questions. It wasn't too bad but I wasn't able to answer a couple of the networking questions. The easiest part was the coding question. I had to find the total sum of the numbers that are divisible by a given input. Simple little method. The recruiter was really nice. I thought I did well in the interview but got an email about three weeks later saying they were looking for more qualified students. Don't know why....

Interview Questions
    • The question I was most surprised by was the Java Interfaces. I was not expecting that at all.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HomeAway.

very easy interview process- cant remember to much other than had a couple interviews and no hard questions. Was told in a few weeks that I got the job. I started right away and received benefits right away. I stayed at company 8 years

no I didn't negotiate

SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HomeAway.

The hiring process is pretty tortuous—HR has a lot of difficulty communicating with hiring managers, and requisitions and whatnot have a tendency to get lost or dropped. Pretty nerve-wracking from an outsider, but par for the course. Unfortunately I don't have advice about whether or not to pester the hiring manager or not—oftentimes the issue lies with HR. Still, diligence is recommended.

Very relaxed interview overall. Mine was a three-step process:

* Interview with HR: Very informal, almost a chat. This person can give a thumbs-up but it's kind of inconsequential compared to the hiring manager's perception, obviously.
    * Interview with team: Seven people were there in all, no hiring manager. Firing questions from everyone. A little hair-raising at first but the large group actually means there's less time to overthink since the questions tend to be pretty rapid-fire.
    * Interview with hiring manager: Your standard one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • I don't want to give the impression that there's a rubric of questions so I'm not going to answer this specifically. I will say that it helps to be as concrete as possible—provide case studies. The team prefers to hear how tools were used or assessed rather than what "inbound marketing" blogs you may read, so definitely be prepared to be as real-world asp ossible.   Answer Question
    I was desperate to leave my previous job so I did not attempt to negotiate. I simply asked for a salary "reasonably higher" than my previous one and was given that.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HomeAway in July 2014.

The process consisted of a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an onsite interview where I met with 5 people. Overall the process was pretty straight forward and the on boarding process was just as straight forward. the team was very good at setting my expectations as well as sending me any maps or documentation that I would need prior to my interview. After the interview I was walked through the building to get a feel for the culture. I enjoyed my experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to run a query right there in the interview on the interviewers laptop. Was not expecting that!   Answer Question
    N/A

Senior Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HomeAway in July 2014.

I applied online, and I got call next day from HR. HR took my interview on the phone and she was very satisfied. She also asked me many technical questions to make sure I am fit for this position. After 3 days, I was scheduled for Technical Interview with one of their staff. To my astonishment, he asked me lots of IQ questions which have no answer. He asked me few technical question which I answered it all correct. It seem to me that their staff simply want to waste our time taking interview. Next day, I got email stating that I was not accepted for their position. Actually I was not surprised at all because that guy asked me question which is totally unrelated to that position. I told him that how is this question related to data-structure and/or this position and that guy gave me no answer.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HomeAway.

Interviewed with one guy in person and another over an intercom. Overall, an easy process and pretty laid back. Very tech savvy company so make sure you are good with computers!

Interview Questions
    Took two days and got hired immediately

Data Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HomeAway in May 2014.

Great questions, very well organized. Hiring was fast and company provided a great help on relocation.
    The team was very open to the different question and walk away standard task. The answer was on the same day with great positive follow up.

to consider