HomeAway Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.5

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

First round was a 30 min on campus interview, after which I was invited for onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 4 or 5 interviews. A lot of coding questions and design questions. Also, UML design and database stuff. Challenging, I would say.

Other Interview Reviews for HomeAway

Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HomeAway (Boulder, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied to HomeAway through a career fair at my college. The interview process went well. I selected a time slot at the fair after having a small conversation with an employer. During the interview, I was asked general questions about my resume and my experience. He then asked general programming questions and afterwards a technical programming question. I was then emailed a couple weeks later stating whether or not I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• The programming question consisted of writing a program to sum up the elements in an array that are divisible by two numbers given. So let's say you have an array [1, 2, 3, ... 10]. Then given two numbers, say 3 and 5, you want to sum up the numbers divisible by 3 or 5 in that array and return the value. So it would be 3+5+6+9+10. Also he asked me some general programming questions like what inheritance is and what the difference between an object and a class is.   1 Answer