HomeAway

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HomeAway in November 2013.

Interview Details – First round was a 30 min on campus interview, after which I was invited for onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 4 or 5 interviews. A lot of coding questions and design questions. Also, UML design and database stuff. Challenging, I would say.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Software Engineer - Intern
Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HomeAway in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to HomeAway through a career fair at my college. The interview process went well. I selected a time slot at the fair after having a small conversation with an employer. During the interview, I was asked general questions about my resume and my experience. He then asked general programming questions and afterwards a technical programming question. I was then emailed a couple weeks later stating whether or not I received an offer.

Interview Question – The programming question consisted of writing a program to sum up the elements in an array that are divisible by two numbers given. So let's say you have an array [1, 2, 3, ... 10]. Then given two numbers, say 3 and 5, you want to sum up the numbers divisible by 3 or 5 in that array and return the value. So it would be 3+5+6+9+10.

Also he asked me some general programming questions like what inheritance is and what the difference between an object and a class is.
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at HomeAway

Worked for HomeAway? Contribute to the Community!

HomeAway Videos

HomeAway – Why Work for Us?

HomeAway, Inc. based in Austin, Texas, the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing approximately 890,000 paid listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HomeAway Software Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by HomeAway employees and interview candidates.